Golden State Warriors

Ok, stay with me here. Let's focus on the lakers and the lakers only.

If you look at the schedule, the finals are played until June right? Now how much rest do you get in the off season before training camp starts and a new season. Since training camp starts at the end of september. The team gets what, at the most 3 months of rest between july- august. Not even counting the summer league and their commitments to endorsers. You saw steph curry go on tour right? that's one of those commitments they need to uphold in their contracts to showup at camps and endorse whatever product their signed to.

Until June. It ends there. No need to mention anything that happens after June because all the syet that happens after June happens to ALL teams in the league. The Lakers do not hold monopoly over endorsements and summer league and other commitments. OTHER TEAMS HAVE THAT TOO. The Lakers only played longer by 3 series. Are we really going to count that as a factor? The Mavs are in the playoffs in 2010 too. They just said, "goodbye," earlier. At to that the fact that the Lakers won the title! Are you going to be really "exhausted" in the true sense of the word after winning a title?! Wouldn't "ecstatic" be more realistic?

I don't know about you but 82 games in a season is a lot not to mention the playoffs and finals. Repeating and going back to the finals every year is tough. Mentally and physically it can be draining. I'm just not saying this because its my opinion. These opinions come from analysts and NBA players themselves who say that playing until June can be draining. The other 29 other teams you mentioned got eliminated and had more time to recharge and rest.

Nope, only 14 teams get eliminated. The rest goes to the playoffs and the Lakers played as long as the Celtics and only one series more than two other teams: the Suns and the Magic. They only played two series longer than 4 other teams in 2010: Cleveland, Atlanta, Utah, and San Antonio. And only 3 series longer than 8 more teams. Is that really that many? I don't think so. After that they get to carry on with other activities or rest days JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

The lakers fought a good series with the Mavs, but mental and physical fatigue caught up with them and the Mavs had fresher legs. I'm not taking anything away from the Mavs winning that series but, you have to admit fatigue did play a factor. The lakers looked old and worn out

The Mavs had fresher legs? You make me laugh! The Lakers' average age in 2011 was 30.2. That's the second-highest in the league. Guess who's the OLDEST team in terms of average age that year? THE MAVERICKS! :) Check it out here: (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html) The Mavs were clearly the BETTER team.

Going back to the 2011 Mavs. Answer me honestly, do you believe for a FACT that the Mavericks were a more talented team than that Heat team? Don't take into account the results of the finals and just judge the team looking at them from a glance. Player to player and overall, who is the more talented team? The following season, the two times they met during the regular season. The heat dominated both games and both games ended up in a rout. I would say the following season, they did not underestimate them again. That's what the difference was from the previous year they lost to them. They did not respect them enough to give them credit for making the finals. Hard lesson learned by Lebron that also humbled him because he was arrogant enough to believe that being the "chosen one" that winning championships is easy.

More talented team? LOL. The Mavs are 57-25 and the Heat are 58-24. The Heat are only better by one game and the Mavs lost starter Caron Butler for the season. Imagine had Caron not been injured, the Mavericks could have gotten more wins because they went into a tailspin for a while when Caron went down before they started winning again. As for the Heat, who else do they have outside of LeBron, Bosh, and Wade? Those three are definitely more talented than Dallas' top 3 players but the Mavericks were deeper. Way deeper. No, my friend, the Heat dominated the Mavs the following season because that's a totally different team. We don't have Chandler anymore and the team's riddled by injuries. Do you know who played the most games for Dallas that year? Dirk. How many games did he play? 62! Yep, the Maverick with the most games under his belt that season MISSED 20 games! LOL. But that's the NEXT season, isn't it? So who won the season series in 2011 when the Mavs won the title? It's the Mavs, 2-0. So who's more talented in 2011? Dallas started the season at 24-5. Then went on a tailspin when Caron went down 3-10. Got their bearing and went 18-1 after that. Were the Mavs really that weak? Think again!

You can't apply the same reasoning to other teams because they have different circumstances. You mentioned the OKC thunder the following year. Yes, they were young and inexperienced. But, the determining factor on that series was, the Heat were the more talented team. Lebron is the best player in the world. Everyone knows that. He guarded KD for the most of the important moments of the game and he wasn't going to underestimate them like he did the Mavs.

The Heat underestimated the Mavs. So was that the Mavs' fault? LOL

You mentioned the Ray Allen 3. Heck yea that was lucky. But i think part of it was also Coach Pop's fault for not putting Duncan in the game. That was luck however you look at it. The game was decided by ONE rebound. That's all it was, One rebound between the spurs winning it all and the Heat getting a big momentum. The game 7 after that was pretty much a demoralized Spurs team who had no more fight left in them after it was taken away in game 6.

Luck can play a big factor in sports. That's what i believe,

So the Mavs got lucky? LMFAO! That's cute. They were lucky against the hard-fighting Blazers, the defending champion Lakers, the upstart Thunder and LeBron's super team! Nice! The Celtics' leprechaun might have been living in Dallas in 2011 huh?

You misunderstood my point on being objective. Being objective is having no affiliation or favoring a side. You are neutral. It's not a negative thing. Those people who said they were rooting for the Heat. They're not objective because they are biased towards the Heat, same thing with you being a Mavs fan. There's nothing wrong with that. It should be encouraged that you make a case for your team as what you are doing now. I'm pretty much the same as well when you i am talking about the Knicks. I'm not objective when it comes to them. There's nothing wrong with not being objective when it comes to a team you are siding with or favor.

I'm biased when it comes to the Mavs. You're may be right. Are you forgetting that I was defending the Warriors' title in this thread and discussing the Mavs is just a by-product of that? My point being - The Warriors are NBA champions because they prepared, worked, and played hard. If the other teams came up short - it's their fault. It's not because the Warriors just got lucky!

You're talking about the people who were rooting for the Heat in to win in the 2006 Finals. Of course there wasn't any objectivity because they were Heat fans. They want the Heat to win like any other fan would, therefore they wouldn't be objective. They would be biased. Unless they were casual basketball fans who have no afiiliation and have don't favor any side. Again, nothing wrong with that.

So am I being biased for the Warriors? No, I'm not. I'm being objective when I say their championship's legit because they were the best team in the NBA last season. The playoff run proves it and the regular season proves it. Why? Was it the Spurs? The Cavs? I'm sorry - they lost. Hard to label a losing team as the best.

^_^

Edited by Eddy Syet
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Warriors' drive to win back-to-back titles is only fueled by all the disrespect their team is getting.

They should definitely use that as a fuel. If people within the league they are playing in are picking against them then i don't know what else they could use as extra motivation.

Edited by hahnz

Curry is good as long as he does not get injured like his earlier seasons

Hmmnnn... Curry is actually not as fragile as people think.

He played at least 74 games in all NBA seasons he's been with the league except in 2011-12 where he only suited up for 26 games. If you remove that unfortunate season, he's averaging 78 games/season. :)

Just to compare, LeBron is averaging 73 games/season in the last 6 seasons.

8-0 and counting...

who's next?

Yeah. The Dubs are really scary.

Steph was held to "just" 22 points against the Pistons but what's dangerous against the Dubs is the other half of the Splash brothers and the rest of the gang. Klay erupted for a season-high 24 points because he was getting open looks when the Pistons decided to hound Curry. The thing about Klay is that he will never hesitate to let it fly if he's open. Then there are the key contributions of Draymond, Iggy, and a surprise double-digit output by Barbosa. This team is deeeeeeep. That makes them dangerous.

Yeah. The Dubs are really scary.

Steph was held to "just" 22 points against the Pistons but what's dangerous against the Dubs is the other half of the Splash brothers and the rest of the gang. Klay erupted for a season-high 24 points because he was getting open looks when the Pistons decided to hound Curry. The thing about Klay is that he will never hesitate to let it fly if he's open. Then there are the key contributions of Draymond, Iggy, and a surprise double-digit output by Barbosa. This team is deeeeeeep. That makes them dangerous.

Realistically saying, I don't see the Warriors going 82-0 this season. They're bound to lose at some point. Maybe from a back to back or 4 games in five nights type of schedule on the road. It's a long season after all.