• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Twilight...naiibang teen vampire movie with a blend of romanticism less on the dark or morbid side but just enough blood letting and kick-ass action to keep you stuck on your seat and look forward to part 2...rating: 3 stars :thumbsupsmiley:

Australia...(hugh jackman & nicole kidman) prang gone-with-the-wind and out of africa rolled into one epic movie, pang oscar bet.., my rating 4 stars :thumbsupsmiley:

Rocknrolla...the new movie from the former Mr. Madonna aka Guy Ritchie.

HE'S BAAAAACK!!!!

If you miss the ka-astigan you experienced from his previous film offerings such as Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, a lot of it is evident in this return to form...even if the accents are not as forbiddingly deep as in these two above mentioned offerings. The narration also gets to push things forward.

Great perfs as usual from Gerard (300) Butler, Tom Wilkinson and especially Thandie Newton (icy-cool accountants FTW!!)

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (keanu reeves & jennifer connely) is an alright sci-fi re-make in the same genre as WAR OF THE WORLDS (tom cruise)...

in the classic b/w film of 1951, the alien visitor klaatu ws a more caring character vs. the klaatu in the re-make who was more icy, fearsome and possessed more powers.... altho both commonly understood what human nature ws all about that determined the ultimate faith of mother earth...liked the special fx esp. scene where the robot freed itself n took off in a wave of locusts-like plague that devastated evrything in its path..my take-- 3.5 stars :thumbsupsmiley:

Sorry for this but I feel obliged to post this.

I'm a fan of Shake Rattle and Roll and my 2 sons are too. Watched every one of the 10 SRR movies made but for the life of me SRR X may be one the the worst in terms of meeting the expectations of watching a good quality scary movie. I cant really pinpoint why I did not like it but I didn't.

Of course the actresses are pretty and that may be one of the positive things about it but except for the 1st story, the other 2 stories a really not too well written nor made.

sayang si Marian Rivera, he last story could have been a good scary movie theme but sadlyu parang trying to be cute masyado yung scenes.

mababaw yung kwento, zero for scariness.

am watching school bukol later. i hope i dont get disappointed.