The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

I came out of watching Spiderman 3 with the distinct feeling of having been robbed of my eight dollars.

It was a totally disappointing, soap opera-ish take on Spiderman. The storyline was weak, the dialogue was lame, the acting was blah (the only pleasant surprise was Topher Grace's Brock character). The special effects were almost a repeat of the last 2 movies....

I cant really say much about a movie that left me bored, yawning and just plain cold.

:thumbsdownsmiley:

Spiderman 3

The Raimi Bros. failed me with this one.

Stupid dialogue.

Stupider plot

Lots of scenes that I could have done without.

there were some bright spots (Bruce Campbell, Aerial fight scenes, etc.)

but still it wasn't enough to bring the movie to Spiderman 1 and 2 standards.

anyway I'm gonna have to rely on 28 weeks later to satisfy my movie urge.

giving 28 weeks later a thumbs down and spiderman 3

just saw Disturbia ...it's smart and hip. not a teen horror flick but a suspense thriller with teens --a must see!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/kutsokutso/105030c8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/kutsokutso/fdf8a254.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/kutsokutso/00fa9884.jpg

watching spiderman 3, though it was long gezzz watching it on chinese dubbed and no english sub title made my head really cried out for a rest. . .

at first i was expecting a all out fighting scene, my imagination was having the green goblin, sandman and venom was all out fighting parade! its like the comic books. but it didnt went that way, a lot of flashbacks! a lot of story building which includes numerous plots to form it.

but after i watch the movie and got home i start thinking and i could say they just concentrated on one theme, "you have a choice" even when you think you have no choice " you still have a choice" so people if you kinda into the story line and how it develops the story to the movie youll appreciate a little but of course nothing beats sipderman 1 in tems of excitement.

spiderman 2 wasnt the best i wanted fighting was boring, it wasnt even close view! hahaha anyways. to rank it, they wasted 3 villain and the excitement of it! just for a theme that suppose can be much better

Shrek 3

Definitely the the BAD Apple of the Trilogy.

The Story was dragging and the Ending was BAD.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Ok naman, parang ang tagal ng movie (almost 3 hours)

Wait for the entire Credits to finish, may EPILOGUE pa sya.

Pirates of the Caribbean is my Movie of the Year!!!!!

The movie runs three hours but personally, i don't feel much of it coz' mabilis ang phasing the story.....as in after a short dialogue scene...papasok agad yung twist or yung action sequence.....i really liked it.....you have to listen to the dialogues coz' it fills in all the loopholes/questions from Pirates 1 and 2.....the ending is a shocker for me.....the entire film is a shocker to me......who wouldve known the ***** was ******* :boo: I loved it....way way way way better than Spiderman 3!!!!

I was able to watch 28 Weeks Later last night.

The flick was entertaining and it kept me tuned the entire movie.

It was better than the first one and I have no regrets watching it.

I'll have to agree. 28 weeks was pretty entertaining. I knew it was going to be an intense ride after seeing that riveting opening. Just prepare to turn your brain off when you start spotting plot-holes so as not to spoil it (2 kids easily got through a mini city protected by the freaking military?).

watched spidey, it was a letdown. dancing is not one of his best traits. give him an A for effort. movie full of quick dumb one liners. ending left me hanging, literally, as with MJ. i thought there would be a referrence to his prof who becomes future foe. spidey 4 perhaps? god no.

hehehe

POTC: At World's End is a grandiose way to tie up all the stories. It was actually surprisingly not bad for a third film. Of course, some parts became repetitive such as the double-crosses. Plus, Sao Feng was never truly developed. Just a mere plot device.

Overall, the film was a good ride. The performances of the core members were really good, especially Bill Nighy, Geoffrey Rush and Keira Knightley who was the real star of this film. Johnny Depp was still good.

I was also entertained by Keith Richards' cameo!

Pirates of the Carribbean is Keira Knightley's film and theres no doubting it. She was hot in that movie.

The movie had a rather slow start but it picked up pretty quick ... the action was good, the twists were surprising and quite excellent. Watching it didnt feel like a ripoff since it was packed to the seams with the stuff that all the Pirates movies were made off - sassy remarks, surprising cameos, swashbuckling action and all that.

This movie aims to entertain - and it succeeded. In a grand, big way. It makes no pretensions of being an art film or wanting to change peoples lives or sending a strong message about something. It just wants to tell you a story (that has major holes in it, mind you), give the audience some laughs and just altogether, take everyone on a rollercoaster ride.

The last touch of the "surprise ending" was pretty cute too. :wub:

Methinks there will be a 4th movie .... The Fountain of Youth anyone? ;)

Edited by Wyld
Guest Leviticus
Pirates of the Carribbean is Keira Knightley's film and theres no doubting it. She was hot in that movie.

The movie had a rather slow start but it picked up pretty quick ... the action was good, the twists were surprising and quite excellent. Watching it didnt feel like a ripoff since it was packed to the seams with the stuff that all the Pirates movies were made off - sassy remarks, surprising cameos, swashbuckling action and all that.

This movie aims to entertain - and it succeeded. In a grand, big way. It makes no pretensions of being an art film or wanting to change peoples lives or sending a strong message about something. It just wants to tell you a story (that has major holes in it, mind you), give the audience some laughs and just altogether, take everyone on a rollercoaster ride.

The last touch of the "surprise ending" was pretty cute too. :wub:

Methinks there will be a 4th movie .... The Fountain of Youth anyone? ;)

I don't think so.. there won't be a part 4 on this because they showed the "ending" as jumping to ten years later. by that time Jack should have found the fountain. More likely there would be a spinoff from this movie.

Saw the movie yesterday. Plenty of laughs and generally an adventure film; from Singapore, the high seas, to the ends of the world!

Edited by Leviticus
Something I noticed:

IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE KEIRA KNIGHTLEY NOT LOOK HOT? There were scenes she seemed dirty yet she was still smoking!!!

A good way to end but a deeply flawed movie. A thrill ride, that's all. Nothing to gain here but eye candy... which is good from time to time!!!

check her pics during her anorexic days. hehehe

I don't think so.. there won't be a part 4 on this because they showed the "ending" as jumping to ten years later. by that time Jack should have found the fountain. More likely there would be a spinoff from this movie.

Saw the movie yesterday. Plenty of laughs and generally an adventure film; from Singapore, the high seas, to the ends of the world!

i believe that they are planning for a part 4, only that the budget/fees are still being discussed.

i feel that there could e a spin off or something if things dont come out as plan.

===

among the part 3s this may, (spidey, shrek, pirates), pirates came out to be the best and did not frustrate the viewers.

although it was a lengthy 3 hour movie, every part is very important and there is no way you will get bored.

love the movie. especially the battle between the flying dutchman and the black pearl.

Saw Ocean's Thirteen last night:

It was way, way better than Ocean's Twelve but falls short of equaling the first film. Maybe because back then, seeing them all working together was a freah idea.

Good: The plot was actually great since it was no longer a heist job but rather a revenge film. The jokes were quite hilarious.

Bad: Al Pacino and even Bernie Mac were not really interesting at all. Ellen Barkin never looked hot here. And one past villain not named Andy Garcia was unnecessary.

Still, quite an entertaining film despite a few flaws...

I was mildly disappointed with the third installment of the Pirates series. The action and shots were savage and/or pretty enough but it distinctly lacked that fun element that was so prevalent in the first two movies, especially the second. Basically, I found that World's End took itself a little too seriously; it seemed more focused on tying up and resolving the series in a neat package and moved away from the unpredictability and humor that was a hallmark of the series.

From the very beginning, Pirates for me was all about Sparrow and Barbosa. The insanity of these two kind of fed off each other and sucked us in to a vortex of 2-3 hours of dirty, unadulterated buccaneer fun (I could not be more impressed with Depp for practically pulling this off solo in the second movie). When I saw the trailer for the third, I kind of thought that Chow Yun Fat would've thrown in his own brand of reckless abandon into the mix that so marked his hong kong movies. Sadly, Sao Feng was sacrificed on the altar of one-dimensional characters to make way for conflict resolution.

I suppose producers wanted things wrapped up this time around to avoid a dragging storyline, but I felt it could have been much better with less "you all know I get the girl in the end" Turner , "wonder woman" Swann and "love-struck octopus" Davy Jones scenes and perhaps three million more rock crabs carrying Feng, Sparrow and Barbosa to episodes of hilarious, drunken but responsibly tongue-in-cheek (this is disney, after all) pirate debauchery.

Could've been much better but overall, it wasn't bad. 4 out of 5 stars.

Edited by boibastos