The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Just saw a sneak preview screening of "Crank"...

It's a popcorn flick for video game fanatics and high school people. It is like Transporter on steroids: stupid, fast-paced but enjoyable for the most part.

Just hated the way they handled the ending. Too much of a stretch...

Jason Statham is a really good actor. He gets to be in these films na on first glance looks cool. However, style over substance is all you can say about it.

Watch it if you want an adrenaline pump, but turn off your brain muna for 1 hour and a half. I did and that made me enjoy it a bit more than usual.

If I had to grade it, it would be a C+ to a B-...

"I enjoyed it pero..." that's my feeling for this flick.

Silent Hill 6.5/10

- didnt play the game so didnt have a clue about the story which is good coz it keeps your mind open but i think they stuck to the game 80% all the way and confused you abit on some scenes, not really a horror movie although on ads and prints they make it as if its a horror movie.

Fearless 10/10

- Ok this movie came out on DVD a while ago at local Chinese stores in Australia but i waited for it to come out on the big screen as some of dvds were less appealing on the video quality part, and I must say I loved it. One of the best Jet Li movies but not as great as his Once Upon A Time In China series.

16 Blocks 8/10

- Another crooked cop movie chasing an innocent criminal and a cop who just happens to be on the verge of breaking apart ends up helping the guy. Parts are cliche but the performance of Mos Deef is the real deal.

Dirty 7/10

- Cuba Gooding Jr character is close to the character of Denziel of "Training Day" but this movie aint no Training Day. More gritty but the story just kinda hangs and somehow goes astray somewhere before the movie ends. Overall great movie about gangs and such, look out for Clifton Collins Jr his gonna be huge soon.

Miami Vice 8/10

- Not many liked it but i did, everyone thought it was a spoof of the old classic tv show but it aint. Its Bad Boys II minus the comedy and Martin Lawrence...then add alot of sex scenes, tough guy faces and there you have Miami Vice. HighDef footage is grainy on large screens but will look lovely for HD tv owners, but the grainy look gives it an edge. Foxx steals this movie away, Foxx is Manns fav actor like Spielberg is to Hanks etc

got more but will do later

Watched Click and Step Up last night.....

Click (9/10) --This one has got to the 2nd best Adam Sandler movie i have seen....(Behind the Waterboy). I was moved by his acting during the serious part of the movie....Man, they should give him an acting nomination for that movie.....he gave me goosebumps.

Step Up (6/10) -- The Plot was very predictable but that wasnt why i wanted to see the film. Being a dance enthusiast, I was engrossed at the hip-hop moves especially the group dance number....wow.....still u got served is way way up my best dance film of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

Nacho Libre!!! funny movie not offensive very mild as it was backed by Nickelodeon...its Jack Black back to his old ways, much of the comedy isnt from the usual slapstick but rely on the other ways to get people laughing. Its like Napoleon Dynamite or Harold & Kumar. Jack Black also sings in it...

i give it 8/10

Wicker Man

Totally disturbing! :thumbsdownsmiley:

I only watched it because of Nic Cage...

yap!

i just saw wicker man yesterday. i bought the tickets without having doubts its going to be a great movie since it starred nicholas cage but was i soooooo wrong. this has got to be cage's worst movie ever. tsk tsk!

havent seen this movie yet, but have you seen the old Wicker Man movie? Because the old Wicker Man movie was rated highly and i rather watch the first before this new one, they say its a deep thinking movie and you have to know some history on the cults workings. Althought they really did say this movie is just utter crap and no way is near the standard of the old.

yap!

i just saw wicker man yesterday. i bought the tickets without having doubts its going to be a great movie since it starred nicholas cage but was i soooooo wrong. this has got to be cage's worst movie ever. tsk tsk!

really? ganun kasama? so may tumalo na pala sa bringing out the dead....hehehehe... nic cage has a habit of coming out in these not-even-b-rated movies every once in a while don't you think?