The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

you guys should try these sites...

1. for movie spoilers, including the newest movies, go to www.themoviespoiler.com

2. for mistakes and errors in movies, including a monstrous archive, go to www.moviemistakes.com

no need to watch the movie because no. 1 just spoils it for me...besides, i get to know what happened even before it is shown here in the country

hehehehe

yup, there was a "pahabol scene"... i was a bit surprised nga when i saw a quick, almost like 1 minute scene of a nurse and a patient after the credits when all along i thought wala na.  remember the scene when prof. x was having a lesson with the mutant kids and then when he was about to expain something on tv with the nurse and a patient covered with gauze all over his body and was then kinda disrupted by storm kaya he instead dismissed the class? that scene on tv, the nurse seemed to have been attacked by the patient yun lang yon. :D

I think the "nurse" on that last scene was moira mactaggart (not sure of the spelling)... as far as i can conclude, I think prof x transferred his consciousness to that body that was shown (the one lying on the bed) thus making him "technically" still alive...

Edited by m@rky

cut to the chase...

After the credits...we see Dr Moira MacTaggart and the catatonic patient. He wakes and says, "Hello Moira," and she says, "Charles?". As Xavier had explained earlier on, he has now put his consciousness into the catatonic patient.

from www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/xmen3.html

I really liked X-men 3. I liked the ending and how Wolvie 'saved' Jean Grey by killing Phoenix.

It's too bad that the writers didn't create a major role for Angel other than being the son of a wealthy businessman who financed a cure for being a mutant. As part of the original X-men in the comic, you'd expect that they'd have him a major role and be part of the battle scenes.

Also, I had no idea who played the part of Beast until my friend told me it was Kelsey Grammer (of Frasier fame). He was perfect for the role now that I think about it.

I think it would be very impossible to expect the movie to remain truly faithful and consistent with the X-Men comic book continuity. The X-Men world is so vast and complicated that it would be impossible for the screenwriters to include everything in the movie. Case in point, the screenwriters did made no mention of Professor X and Juggernaut's familial ties. I guess that wasn't a focal point in the story for them. And also, some mutant heroes in the comic like Multiple Man turn out to be villains in the movie.

As mentioned in the post above, X-Men 3 was the end of the trilogy of the first three X-Men films thus the sub-title "The Last Stand". I've read somewhere that more film projects involving the X-Men are in store for the future, the most immediate of which are two offshoot films. The first is a solo Wolverine movie and the second is a store that would concentrate on Magneto and his friendship and eventual rivaly with Xavier.

recently saw "match point" by woody allen. great because it's not typical woody allen. great because all the actors were so good you couldn't help but get really involved in the story emotionally. go see it if you have the chance. kind of dragging if you don't like lots of talking. but wonderful wonderful wonderful performances by jonathan rhys meyers and scarlett johannson.

:cool:

SPOILER alert (wag nyo na basahin! kung di nyo pa napapanood)

SUPERMAN RETURNS

Brian Singer(director)

Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey, Parker Posey

>> maganda yung movie. Galing ng story..though may parts na dragging.. ganda din ng CGIs.

>> Nakaisa si Superman!!! Hehe! :D.. Pano kaya nila ginawa yun?! :D

>> Random observations:

1. nababasa pala buhok ni Superman

2. noong nasa hospital sya, di man lang pinapasok nanay nya pero si Lois nakapasok.

>> watch it.. i'll watch it again sa Imax naman.

>> overall: 8/10. sulit na sulit! :D

SPOILER ALERT (wag nyo na basahin! kung di nyo pa napapanood)

SUPERMAN RETURNS

Brian Singer(director)

Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey, Parker Posey

>> maganda yung movie. Galing ng story..though may parts na dragging.. ganda din ng CGIs.

>> Random observations:

1. nababasa pala buhok ni Superman

2. noong nasa hospital sya, di man lang pinapasok nanay nya pero si Lois nakapasok.

>> watch it.. i'll watch it again sa Imax naman.

>> overall: 8/10. sulit na sulit! :D

answer:

panoorin mo superman 2

answer:

malalaman ang secret identity ni superman

Coed Scandal

Digital Viva

starring: Jennifer Lee, Ryan Eigenmann and Avi Siwa.

directed by: Robert Quebral

story and screenplay by: Benedict Mique and Robert Quebral.

WALANG ORIGINALITY ANG PLOT :thumbsdownsmiley: :grr: :grr:

Ito ang digital film na nagtangkang kumita sa pagka notorious ng "Lasalle Sex Scandal" pero hindi nagawang kumita hehehhehehe. Kopyang kopya ang istorya ng Lasalle Scandal. Hell...even the lead male character played by Ryan Eigenmann is named Leo....what a farce!!!!.tsk tsk tsk. so I guess I dont have to tell you whats the story is all about....

Since the movie's plot was not original this spelled disaster at the box office kaya siguro ang bilis na release sa vcd hehehehe. The film's story is a combination of nakakagulong flashbacks and idiotic (moronotic) dialogues. Mabuti na lang at sa media player ko ito pinanuod at madali iforward ang mga walang ka kwenta-kwentang scenes.

ANONG NEW AGE DIGITAL FILM ERA???? :grr: :thumbsdownsmiley:

What i find disastrous sa movie na ito ay the way these so-called new age digital film makers failed in bringing a new age style to Filipino cinema. Parang napasama pa nga e...tuloy we are condemned to watch movies of those faggoty directors that has long mishaped Filipino cinema into their own faggoty and immoral playground. Puro na lang "Masahista", "Sibak" at kung ano anong kabaklaan!!! at ka cheapan!!! Wala na talaga tayo pagasa. I dread the day when my kid will ask me...Daddy...ano ba ang magandang panoorin na Tagalog film...at baka masabi ko ay sibak or masahista...pwe!!!!

(1) How come these film makers still use yong gas-gas na gas gas na "slow-rewind- fast forward" type of effects coupled with odd sounding scores...dito sa Coed Scandal...sumakit yata ulo ko sa napakaraming 'artistic" scenes na kung saan parang ang pinapanood ko ay nasirang VHS...pabalik balik...rewind...fast forward scene....pwe..!!!! gasss gassss. Wala na ba bago? Huh? paging so-called new age digital cinematographers...and directors...lumang luma na yang style nyo.

(2) Somebody said that in the near future any tom dick and jane who has money can buy the latest digital camera and shoot movies like it was just shooting home movies. High resolution digital video cameras and state of the art editing softwares have made movie making very easy. In such a possibility, what will really matter is the talent and originality of the film maker and scriptwriter. Wala yata tayo non. Dapat dito sa mga scriptwriters natin e inspire sa success ng mga indian film makers who have created their own style and now is being incorporated into mainstream American films...in both film and sound....tingan nyo lang si M. Knight....very good.

(3) Sana itigil na ng mga scriptwriters na magsulat tungkol sa kamalasan ng pinoy - povery, prostitution, poverty, corruption at violence....wala na ba ibang theme like heroism? Dapat naman konti research....

DI KA MALILIBUGAN DITO!!!! :cry: :wacko: :thumbsdownsmiley:

kung akala nyo ay meron dito sa Coed Scandal na bibigay sa inyo ng libog....naku po nagkakamali kayo!!!!! Wala nang bago dito kay Jennifer Lee na hindi nyo nakita sa mga pictures nya sa internet. Oo at may boobs and nipple exposure pero walang kakaiba rito. Yong acting nila Jennifer at Avi sa kama...sus walang ka sustansya sustansya....alam mong hindi natural. Meron pa ngang scene na binabayo ng director si Avi sa couch...pero lintak...pagpinanood mo parang may unan sa gitna ng ari nilang dalawa...ang layo ng pagitan ng ari ni avi sa ari ng partner nya....kailangan pa ba imemorize yan??? Yung huling scene na kung saan may bed scene si jennifer at ryan...buking na buking na double nila ang nagyayarian sa kama....ano ba yan....kung pwede lang batohin ang monitor ko ...babatuhin ko e...pero wag mahal...hehehehe

Ang di ko maintindihan maski sa facial expression ni Jennifer habang binabayo sya ni Ryan...parang sobrang peke....either hindi alam ni Jennifer i-act out ang expression ng binabayo (because im sure naman di naman sya bobo sa sex) or bakla lang talaga ang director at di pa nakakita ng binabayong babae...hehehehe. sus dapat magresearch sila. Hindi na take advantage ni Jennifer ang innocent yet wild nyang aura...unlike Maui taylor sa Gamitan na isang dialogue lang nya...nakakalibog na..hehehhe.. (remember that dialogue?) dito ni walang nakakalibog na dialogue...parang di totoo. hehehe

sa pangkalahatan....very very disappointing itong movie na ito!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
recently saw "match point" by woody allen. great because it's not typical woody allen. great because all the actors were so good you couldn't help but get really involved in the story emotionally. go see it if you have the chance. kind of dragging if you don't like lots of talking. but wonderful wonderful wonderful performances by jonathan rhys meyers and scarlett johannson.

:cool:

Scarlet Johannson?? Panonoorin ko yan! Bago ba yan?