Apple iPhone

^iOS5 was marketed as a very efficient operating system for a mobile device thats why it doesn't need more than 512MBytes of memory (RAM) according to apple people

while recently hackers curious about siri made it run in a non 4S device proving the point that it doesnt require more powerful processor to make siri run

more powerful processor eats up battery life at a faster rate compared to the 4S predecessors, so no matter how much you dim the screen 4S battery life wont be the same as most iphone users got used to

Edited by dos8dos

iphone4 gamit ko and the moment I upgraded to IOS 5.0.0 noon, pansin agad yung drain sa batt life. but after upgrading to 5.0.1, nasolve na. I guess for the iphone4S, talagang malakas ang usage sa batt because Siri is always connecting to servers to process your inquiries, meaning your cellular data and 3G is turned on. tingin ko lang naman.

i'm still bent on upgrading to iphone4S kasi infos here in pinas ay kulang2. like when you ask siri to find the nearest mcdonald's to you, sabihin niya can't find restaurants in the Philippines. impaired ang siri experience ng user.

iphone4 gamit ko and the moment I upgraded to IOS 5.0.0 noon, pansin agad yung drain sa batt life. but after upgrading to 5.0.1, nasolve na. I guess for the iphone4S, talagang malakas ang usage sa batt because Siri is always connecting to servers to process your inquiries, meaning your cellular data and 3G is turned on. tingin ko lang naman.

i'm still bent on upgrading to iphone4S kasi infos here in pinas ay kulang2. like when you ask siri to find the nearest mcdonald's to you, sabihin niya can't find restaurants in the Philippines. impaired ang siri experience ng user.

^mabilis talaga magdrain ng battery ang 3G coz it use more powerful radio than wifi, lalo na kung nagtotorrent ka

if most iphone users use their 3G more often than usual just txting & playing games, it wont last that long either

Edited by dos8dos
  • 2 weeks later...

Ang gamit ko iPhone 4. Napansin do rin na medjo malakas sa battery, after 1 day of use, down to 30% na lang battery life. Nag web search ako kung may sites na makakatulong sumagit ng battery issues nya. Here is what I found out:

1. 3G consumes more battery than a GSM network. So if you do not download data over the network, switch off 3g.

2. double press home button & you will see apps that run in the background. Press & hold an icom until it wiggles then stop all the apps you do not need running in the background.

3. Switch brightness to auto

4. In areas with poor network signal, switch to airplane mode.

After doing so, a full days usage will bring battery life down to 58% only & completely drain the battery after 50 hours.

Ang gamit ko iPhone 4. Napansin do rin na medjo malakas sa battery, after 1 day of use, down to 30% na lang battery life. Nag web search ako kung may sites na makakatulong sumagit ng battery issues nya. Here is what I found out:

1. 3G consumes more battery than a GSM network. So if you do not download data over the network, switch off 3g.

2. double press home button & you will see apps that run in the background. Press & hold an icom until it wiggles then stop all the apps you do not need running in the background.

3. Switch brightness to auto

4. In areas with poor network signal, switch to airplane mode.

After doing so, a full days usage will bring battery life down to 58% only & completely drain the battery after 50 hours.

Agree bro, battery life sucks but would i switch to another platform?... d na ata.

• 2 weeks later...