Apple iPhone

I'm the wrong person to ask because I don't care for app popularity. I only go by what works for me and these are usually all work related and not popular by much. Oh I like currency converter that updates itself, a finance app that tracks spending and iMovie to edit video on the iPhone. Plus iBook for reading when I'm to lazy to us an iPad. And my daughter and I enjoy our FaceTime video chats especially when i'm out buying clothes alone because I am color blind somewhat.

thanks...regarding iphone tips? i.e. improving battery life, secrets, etc

To improve battery life, one way would be to use only either the WiFi or the 3G modes; make sure Bluetooth is turned off if you are not using it; and you can also set the brightness setting manually rather than depend on the iPhone's "Auto Brightness" setting.

You should see if you can surf some iPhone sites such as iLounge for more tips.

To improve battery life, one way would be to use only either the WiFi or the 3G modes; make sure Bluetooth is turned off if you are not using it; and you can also set the brightness setting manually rather than depend on the iPhone's "Auto Brightness" setting.

You should see if you can surf some iPhone sites such as iLounge for more tips.

thanks alot....cheers

I have an iphone 4g running on 4.1 firmware limera1n jailbreaked but not yet unlocked :(

for the meantime eh malupit na ipod touch muna sya til apple releases the 4.2 firmware.The dev-team on the otherhand will release the unlock tool for iOs 4.1/4.2 with baseband 02.10.04 sometime Nov this year :wacko:

I have an iphone 4g running on 4.1 firmware limera1n jailbreaked but not yet unlocked :(

for the meantime eh malupit na ipod touch muna sya til apple releases the 4.2 firmware.The dev-team on the otherhand will release the unlock tool for iOs 4.1/4.2 with baseband 02.10.04 sometime Nov this year :wacko:

Pardon me, I'm just curious. What drove you to buy a useless phone? And what happens to the guy under whose name the phone contract is listed? Having gone through the activation process during the Globe launch, I know that the phone IMEI is always a known variable to Globe and is linked to the subscriber's name and if Globe does this, you can bet that the process is consistent worldwide because it sounds like an Apple-mandated procedure. I know they can brick the phone just knowing the IMEI irrespective of the network used.

Dude,it's not useless at all I've been using the iphone since it's 2nd gen.There are applications that suits my needs and video storage for my demo reel.I still have the At&T contract with me for a month and I'm just waiting for early November so i can Unlock it and use our local sim coz i really don't like the globe service provider.Tsaka mas mura iphone4 sa US compared dito satin.:D

• 4 weeks later...

You'll have no problems with the firmware with a new iPhone, since you'll most likely be getting an iPhone 4.

You may want to carefully wrap it in protective skins, though since both the front and the back of the phone is made of glass, which is prone to cracking (if it's wrapped with one of those transparent plastic covers, it may reduce the risk of that happening).

Or you may want to just want wait for iPhone 5, which is just 7 months or so away from launch, anyways...

i accidentally upgrade iphone 3g to 4.1 wala pa pang-unlock. help anyone where ko pwede pa unlock na pwede ko na gamitin yung phone niya kasi walang signal as of now. wait daw ako ilang months before ma unlock... help!!!

just want to ask what you mean by "wala pa pang-unlock"?

im not sure if this is the same problem i encountered in one of my 3gs unit that i got from US.

Edited by compadrei

I heard that ultrasnow (using cydia as source) is capable of unlocking 4.1 for iphone 4. I haven't tested it yet though, so good luck. :D

just want to ask what you mean by "wala pa pang-unlock"?

im not sure if this is the same problem i encountered in one of my 3gs unit that i got from US.

Mahirap yata talaga unlock ang mga units from the US. I think Apple locked the phones for AT&T and it may not be the same way our phones are locked here. :(

iOS 4.2 has been released. It is a 624 MB download via iTunes. If you are using a tethered iPhone to access the internet, be sure to click "download" only and NOT "download and install". The installer will obviously cut your internet connection when it takes control of the iphone to update firmware but one of the things it does is to check your IMEI with Apple and if it cannot do this because you do not have an internet connection, it stops and your phone will not be usable until you can establish an iinternet connection some other way.

If you download via a tethered iphone connection, after the download, you will have to disconnect tethering, then get on the internet some other way (wifi, USB dongle, ethernet, another iphone) before you start the installation.

Edited by boomouse