The Football Thread

Labuyo

Bad trip!!! Talo na ang Arsenal. That's their last bid for a silverware this season. Too bad. But with the superb display of his youth squad, I definitely believe they'll be one great team next season.

Now I only got one team to support in the CL: VALENCIA!!!! :cool:

I enjoyed watching the Bayern / Real match. Bayern had the bigger heart and played better football than Madrid. Sayang, wala si Beckham. It was a bad call by the referee, It shouldn't have been a penalty.

Though im a Valencia supporter, I would like to see ManU vs. Bayern Munchen at the finals!!!

Edited by dj_flip03
Though im a Valencia supporter, I would like to see ManU vs. Bayern Munchen at the finals!!!

If my memory serves me right this would be like a repeat of the 1999 finals?

1999 was the golden ange of MANU where in we won the Trebble. I hope history repeats itself this year :cool:

talo real! kainis...pero ganda la liga this sunday! db 8am ung game?...

I read in the primera liga site that the game is at 10 pm their time. We're 7 hours ahead so that places the game at 5:00 am our time. BUT I just checked the Star Sports site and it seems that neither Star Sports nor ESPN will be showing the match. :angry: Hope I'm mistaken.

thierry henry is out daw for the rest of the season...

roberto carlos is leaving real madrid end of season...

just to comment on barca-liverpool:

rafa benitez showed himself to be the much better manager. goes to show that its not only the players who make a difference. marami pang kakainin si rijkaard to be considered a world-class manager. first, rijkaard panicked in the first leg. barca were tearing liverpool to shreds in the first half. it was only thru bad finishing, and an awful mistake by victor valdes that the first half ended 1-1. instead of sticking to his tactics, rijkaard decided to go all-out for the second goal and leaving the backline unprotected. what happened is benitez made the adjustments and they got the killer 2nd away goal from their counter-attack. it would be a very different tie if the first leg ended 1-1.

in the second leg, benitez even went to the press and predicted that rijkaard would start 3 strikers: eto'o, ronaldinho and messi. rijkaard then went to the press himself and said "oh so now benitez knows everything?" or something to that effect. the problem though, was benitez was spot on: rijkaard's plan was exactly what benitez predicted. so to "surprise" benitez, rijkaard made another bad decision: he put ronaldinho as the central striker, instead of eto'o. ronaldhinho is not a target man, and eto'o is not a wide man. and we all know what happened. twas only when giuly replaced eto'o in the wide right position, gudjohnsen to the middle and ronaldinho moving to the left that barca started to look dangerous. too little, too late.

another comment: its undeniable that ronaldinho is a brilliant footballer, but i truly believe he is not a big-match player. last year, when barca did win in the final, he was nowhere to be found. he did a couple of tricks and that was it. with barca, its really deco and xavi who dictates play while ronaldinho is the showman. in the world cup finals, it was kaka who was carrying the brazil team. i think if rivaldo (though past his prime) played as the magical number 10 again instead of the invisible ronaldhinho, brazil would have made it to the final. as far as i can remember, the only big match where ronaldinho shined was his first 'el clasico', and that was against a crisis-stricken real madrid. well, i can only hope that in time he will mature to be a big match winner.

hate to break it to you son.... Chelsea wont get their hat-trick of EPL championships this season.

I am optimistic that MANU can break down the no home defeat record of CHE. Let's go Red Devils!!!

Glory Glory MANCHESTER UNITED!

The ball is round my friend. The ball is round.

Thats what you told everyone about your stupid predictions last season as well.. You never really learned that in football, anything can happen.

Blue is the color and Chelsea is our name!

just finished watching "el classico"...what a match! i will name my first-born son "lionel messi"!!

i watched it thru gol tv, and it was funny cause the color commentator was trying to be impartial, but he was obviously a barca fan. he kept panicking whenever real madrid would attack.

ronaldinho played ok, but far from spectacular. i can only remember one shot, but he should've won a penalty kick at the very end.

kainis MID 2-2 MANU

sino nanalo sa el clasico?

Im watching CHE vs TOT so far CHE 1-3 TOT :cool:

3-3

oleguer was red carded before halftime. so when real madrid scored midway sa second half, i thought wala na pag-asa ang barca. but a brilliant individual goal by messi tied it up at the very end.

Ang tanga ni Jol. The Spurs should have won if they kept the intensity. The Blues defence sucked and so did Jol's side. But the Spurs took the most out of it during the first half. Dapat di na nag sub si Jol ng mga below par players. If he kept Berbatov and Jenas until the end of the 2nd half, malamang naka-score pa sila ng isa. Defoe's only highlight was the effort during stoppage time. Bebatov's having a very great 1st season. :cool:

Ang tanga ni Jol. The Spurs should have won if they kept the intensity. The Blues defence sucked and so did Jol's side. But the Spurs took the most out of it during the first half. Dapat di na nag sub si Jol ng mga below par players. If he kept Berbatov and Jenas until the end of the 2nd half, malamang naka-score pa sila ng isa. Defoe's only highlight was the effort during stoppage time. Bebatov's having a very great 1st season. :cool:

medyo bilib nga ako kay berbatov dahil magaling din siya mag free-kick hindi lang sa attack unlike si Rudd

Edited by redshirt