The Football Thread

Labuyo

just finished watching bayer leverkusen beat bundesliga leaders schalke 1-0, and i was very impressed with 2 of its young players. the keeper, rene adler, was making his debut and he must have made 10 top class saves. and then their striker, stefan kiessling, scores an amazing solo goal. these guys are two to watch.

So that's why they let go Voronin as well. I wonder who would Rafa let go? Crouch? Bellamy? Fowler?

AFC used their youth team :lol:

Yup! Cause it was the same line-up that made it to the finals. Wenger said its better to use the same lineup as a reward for the young gunners. Too bad, age and experience prevailed. At nagka sapakan pa.

Sana sa 2nd leg ng Lille - ManU gawin din ng Lille sa kanila yung free-kick and lets see how would they react. (but of course dapat pumasok sa goal yun)

Arsenal will never win the EPL this season ...coz of the bad start to the season...but looking at how the youngsters performed things are really rosey!...Carling Cup was 2-1 ....but look at Chelsea's lineup...they are obviously desperate for a piece of Silver ware this season..they wont win the EPL...malabo din sa kanila ang CL...much more injured na naman si Terry...well sa FA Cup..hehe andyan na naman Arsenal and this time regular line up na...

there's no doubt Arsenal will be the team for next season..Man U will still be a contender....Liverpool with their new money will be beefing up..for Chelsea..who lost £80 million this year (£120 million last season) they are bleeding money..and how long do you think they are realistically able to survive?....If Mourinho does not leave it might be Abramovic with his oil money...Ballack and Sheva were bad investments....no youngster development..kawawa naman si Younghusband half pinoy pa naman..

Para maiba naman, Sino sa lahat ng current players ang gusto niyo na ilagay sa your own, "winning 11" ? Ill start with mine.

Formation: 4-4-2

Goalkeeper: I. Casillas

Defenders: A. Cole, C. Puyol, Cicinio, Ferdinand

Midfield: J. Cole, D. Beckham, R. Kaka, C. Makalele

Forwards: F. Torres, Z. Ibrahimovic

Substitutes: L. Podolsky, F. Ribery(MID), J. Terry(DEF) and Ricardo (GK)

Super-sub: C. Ronaldo

Manager: Vanderlei Lexumbergo Asisstant Coach: Carlos Quieroz

Edited by redshirt

Here's mine:

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2

---------------------Micheal Landreau------------------

Zambrotta-------Cannavaro-----Nesta----------R.Carlos

---------------------------Viera---------------------------

Joaquin--------------------------------------------Robben

--------------------------Nedved-------------------------

----------David Villa-----------------Henry------------

Subs:

V.Valdes(GK), Mexes, Yepes, Cacapa, Sagnol, Gerrard, Riquelme, Schneider(Ajax), Huntelaar, Trezeguet

Coach/Manager: Guus Hiddink / Zico

poor gunnars..they lost for the 3rd straight time in 3 different competitions..

1st..2-1 to chelsea in the carling cup final

2nd..1-0 in the champions league to psv eindhoven

3rd..1-0 to blackburn rovers in the fa cup

the youth of arsenal are good players, too bad for arsene wenger..

i'm watching the arsenal-blackburn fa cup tie and senderos got skinned again, this time by benni mccarthy. it was just like the league cup final where drogba gave senderos a nightmare. why does wenger keep playing this guy?

he's too dumb to play the rigth wing back position...though he is a decent centre back...did not get to see the Carling Cup finals and only caught the last half hour of this game...dunno why Wenger did not use Hoyte..or substituted Eboue for that matter...I think Wenger is just playing out the remainder of the season for experience of the youngsters...a very bad start and too many injuries..they can only hope to get at least a CL spot next season...Arsenal does not really play well against "rough and physical" teams..i.e. Bolton and Blackburn

Bad trip!

Talo na naman ang Arsenal. If I were one of the youth players' Wenger is putting in all those big matches, i've sure to have lost my morale by now and probably be afraid to play once more. Wenger's style was a big gamble... and he lost. Though it's too late now, I think now is the time for him to re-assess his youth squad and ship out those who could be just a liability in the future (Senderos perhaps).