The Football Thread

Labuyo

bastos tlga ang espn and starsports sa mga live games, buong linggo nila immarket tpos biglang hindi ipapalabas, bad trip..

sana matuloy ang showing ng game sa sunday 7:55pm sa espn, Manchester United vs. Liverpool..i predict a 2-1 win ng ManUtd..

im ready to bet a thousand pesos that they wont be showing this games. They would just screw us like always :grr:

hay nako...malas ng mga teams ko:

first, barcelona loses their top striker, eto'o (out for the rest of the season). and now, lyon also loses their top striker, fred (out for at least two months).

liverpool, on the other hand, has no excuses. they just simply suck right now. they need a striker, rumors are they're looking at palermo's andrea carraciolo. i think benitez should bring back gerrard to a central role, so he could have more influence. this wide right position is only helping england, not liverpool.

real madrid 2 barcelona 0

argh. barca lost again. its pretty clear that eto'o is sorely missed...

real madrid has been transformed by the inclusion of robinho in the starting line-up. whereas before they lacked ideas in attack, they now flow from end to end effortlessly. the wins over steau and barca were not boring, as was their norm previously.

Much props to Solarsports for airing the Barca-Real Madrid match. Sana tuloy-tuloy nila yan. It's one good way of promoting football here in the PH.

Of course, I was vying for Barca pero sobrang reserved ako while I was watching the game. Impressive performance ang Real Madrid. They finally achieved flow and good team chemistry. Galing ni Sergio Ramos and Guti. They surely can connect from the back up to front. Robinho is at his prime right now, and Raul's presence if pretty well felt all along.

Barca can't rely on Eidur as their attacking option, para syang si Sheva sa Chelsea. I heard na-ijury pa si Messi. Saviola? Hmmm...

Though Barca's still on top (tied with Valencia), they gotta do something on their attacking options. How about adding forwards on the January(?) transfer window? Matatagalan pa ang recovery ni Eto'o.

Great win by Arsenal. Kung nahirapan ang Chelsea at ManU sa Reading, Arsenal proved them that they still have what it takes to get to the top. Ewan ko nga lang talaga kung bakit nagpatalo sila sa CSKA Moskva..?

Liverpool??? Tsk... tsk... tsk... Rafa Benitez could get axed if he don't get the Reds strraight soon. He should stop experimenting fast!

Much props to Solarsports for airing the Barca-Real Madrid match. Sana tuloy-tuloy nila yan. It's one good way of promoting football here in the PH.

props to them fro me as well. i saw the game last night and i enjoyed it, being a Real fan that I am :D

Hmmmm... Rudd is proving to be a good signing for real,he already scored a number of goals for them since he came this summer. :cool:

galing ng Real Madrid, too bad for Barsa, tsk tsk tsk, without Eto'o they are a totally different team..

glory to ManUnited for beating Liverpool, I thought during the start of the season with their new acquisitions, Liverpool would do better than last year but what they did was lose the chemistry that they had last year..

I still think Chelsea is still the team to beat in the EPL, with ManUnited 2nd as for their title chances in the EPL, followed by Arsenal then by Liverpool..

Arsenal's attacking prowess was lost during their game against CSKA Moscow, kudos to the Russians for beating the Gunners (or is it Gunnars?not so sure about the spelling)..

grbe nga ang kamalasan ng West Ham, last season ang ganda ng performance nila tpos ngyn buraot na..2-1 loss to eliminate them from the Carling Cup, hindi pa din tinatanggal un manager nila, sana makabawi pa sila..

ManUnited with a narrow 2-1 win over Crewe sa Carling Cup..

Pati ang Liverpool muntik din matalo, 4-1 early 2nd half tpos nahabol pa ng Reading, 4-3, kabado tuloy si Rafa Benitez hehehe..

barcelona 2 chelsea 2

crap. barcelona's in trouble. werder bremen has 7 pts and barcelona only has 5 pts. they might not make it past the group stage. f**kin drogba's playing like a man possessed...

Onga eh. They really have to win (not just draw) their last two games. If Chelsea loses to Werder and Levski they could be tied with Werder, ewan ko lang yung goal differences nila.

well, at least cska moscow is still heading their group. they were incredibly lucky against arsenal. lyon and liverpool is through. so out of my 5 teams, only barcelona and olympiakos are in trouble.

it looks like lyon is the strongest team in europe.

Yup! They've always been during group/KO stages. They always get knocked-off sa next stage. Sa group naman kasi nila Real Madrid lang ang talagang kalaban nila dun eh. I remembered when they pounded Werder Bremen during the last 2005's knockout round with a goal total of 2(WB) - 10(LYON). Kaya lang natalo sila ng PSV sa quarter finals through penalties. And then bumawi sila sa PSV last 2006 pero natalo naman sila sa AC Milan.

Grabe yung BARCA - CHELSEA match!!!! 11 yellow cards!!!!

Delikado Arsenal

Bwiset!!! talo pa ang manchester united sa copenhagen, pinanuod ko un game, wala kwenta midfield ng manU nun, nakakairita ang tactics ni sir alex ferguson, hindi nag-iisip, di pa tuloy assured ang qualification nila, kelangan pa tuloy nila talunin ang celtic para assured na pasok sila sa group stages..

tanga tlga yun si john o'shea, ewan ko ba kung bakit ginagamit ni sir alex yun, ambobo kagabi, sarap batukan..umandar na nman kasi yun over confidence ni sir alex, sayang tlga sana assured na yun qualification..