The Football Thread

Labuyo

sorry loss for England but sorry to all Beckham fans in this thread.....he is not the answer.

my two pennies worth analysis to follow......

I'm no Beckham fan nor an England fan either. Pero nadidismaya lang ako because as we all know a lot of people are really looking up to the English team. And with the talents that they have, they shouldn't just be like that.

For me, Beckham, is not THE solution, but he can surely help a lot. "Talismanic" na captain yan. Though di nga sya "pacey" tulad nila Carrick, Downing, and Lennon, Jenas, and Wright-Phillips but you can surely rely on his skills when you need him the most. Para sa akin nga dapat si Gerard na lang ang naging Captain nila eh. Terry lacks motivation in himself, pano pa yung team nya?

lampard and carrick were awful.

england should switch back to the 4-4-2. i think their best 4 in the midfield would be joe cole, owen hargreaves, steven gerrard and aaron lennon.

Lampard is out-of-form and Carrick is so overrated.

Ok lng yung 3-5-2 kaya lang dapat holding midfielder yung isa instead of an attacking one. They have stretched out wings leaving the middle empty.

Kung 4-4-2 sila dapat si Wright-Philips sa starting instead of Scott Parker.

i think their main downfall was the mistake in tactics, mclaren shouldn't have experimented in a competitive game, dapat ginagawa nya un sa friendlies, very bad for england, nakakadown ng morale ng team ang nangyari..poor rooney, talo na nga sila, nagkaroon pa ng altercation with an england fan after the game, tsk tsk tsk, old wayne is up to his old tricks again..

critics say england is over rated when they lose, and when they win , everybody supports and loves them..i think mclaren's tactics was flawed.first, they employed 3-5-2 which i think they want to exploit the opponents on the wings but this backfired on them. Carrick( I think he is overarted anyway, sorry man u fans, that's why sir alex wants owen hargreaves more than carrick but bayern munich really wasn't interested)was to be the showcase as the holding midfield. Although he is an excellent passer, he was too nice on the tackle . He came short to be compared to the best holding midfield in the world, Claude Makelele (France/Chelsea). Scott Parker who played a crap game .. the wingers showed lack of pace and can't connect with a poor combination of Rooney/Crouch in front.(Andy Johnson, please).The absence of Gerrard maybe have affected the flow in the midfield and Lampard is really off form, unlike when he is playing for his club..I feel, if England wants to move on, they should not take Beckham back in the team. They should concentrate developing Aaron Lennon and Shaun Wright-Philips,or maybe jermaine Pennant.. give them more confidence to make those forward runs and crosses.. there's a friendly coming up against Netherlands this coming November. I just hope Mclaren has pondered about experimenting with tactics.. Gerrard and j. cole would be probably back by that time. They'll bring at least some credibility to the team especially in the central midfield or right midfield and left midfield.

another thing croatia never lost a game when they are playing at home..their pitch sucks and they are hitler lovers..down to those bird brained racist from eastern europe..

Glory to Stamford Bridge

champions league n pla mmya...medyo pangit games but the game tom will be off the hook!!!

chelsea vs barcelona lang nman....haha

Here's something surprising:

CSKA MOSKVA 1 - 0 ARSENAL

Late Henry late equaliser was disallowed. Sayang, ngayin 2nd na lang sila sa table.

The rest of the games were won by expected clubs.

Here's something surprising:

CSKA MOSKVA 1 - 0 ARSENAL

Late Henry late equaliser was disallowed. Sayang, ngayin 2nd na lang sila sa table.

The rest of the games were won by expected clubs.

yeah very surprising...atleast my real won 4-1...with raul scoring again...haha

and manu won too...

whats ur bet? chelsea or barcelona?...hirap mamili but im rooting for barcelona this time...

yeah very surprising...atleast my real won 4-1...with raul scoring again...haha

and manu won too...

whats ur bet? chelsea or barcelona?...hirap mamili but im rooting for barcelona this time...

Barca ako, of course! Habang kulang pa sa chemistry ang Chelsea, Barca should take advantage of this. Gudjohnsen may have an icky feeling playing against Chelsea kaya baka di to pag laruin ni Rijkaard.

Mukhang draw ang laban na to.

argh, my teams in the champions league aren't doing too well.

barcelona just lost to chelsea, via a wonder strike from drogba. drogba has been incredible this season, in both the premiership and the champions league. one has to conclude that its because of the arrival of shevchenko. funny, the huge investment of abramovich of bringing shevchenko to chelsea paid off in a weird way: it turned drogba into the most in-form striker (along with valencia's david villa) in the world at the moment. could it be that drogba plays better with a strike partner than a lone striker, or is it simply showing everyone that he's better than shevchenko?

olympiakos lost again. they have now only one point in 3 matches and its unlikely for them to progress to the next round. i guess the uefa cup is the more realistic goal now. at least they are still leading the greek league.

on a better note, lyon is just running roughshod over their group. they are genuine favorites to take the trophy this season. also, cska moscow is leading their group as well. incredible upset win over arsenal. and my fifth team (well not really my team but i root for them in the premiership), liverpool, also won and is leading their group.

sino may alam ng history ng chelsea - barcelona? ano ung scores with the corresponding stadiums....

fifth match na nila to right?

Here's what I can remember:

2004-2005 - First KO Round 1st Leg 2nd Leg

Barcelona 4 - 5 Chelsea 2 - 1 @ Camp Nou 2 - 4 @ Stamford Br.

2005-2006 - First KO Round 1st Leg 2nd Leg

Chelsea 2 - 3 Barcelona 1 - 2 @ Stamford Br 1 - 1 @ Camp Nou

This means Chelsea went as far as a draw at Camp Nou, and Barca won only once in Stamford Bridge. Last night's loss was the Catalan's 2nd on Chelsea's home soil. Look at 2006, Chelsea only managed to score a goal at each leg.

Barca ako, but last night's game could have even been 3 - 0 in favor of Chelsea kund di lang palpak sila Essien at Sheva. Andriy's first-touch strike is completely out of sorts. Ronaldinho and Deco is completely so not-in-the-game. Ang tibay ng defence ng Chelsea. On offence, Chelsea didn't even play on wings. They played a lot of counter-attacking football na nakaka-sindak sa Barca defence (good job on Zambrotta and Marquez they were more present than Puyol that night). Barca's offence relied more on Messi. What if Messi gets injured again? Wag naman sana...

Nice win by Valencia!! Di pa rin kumukupas si David Villa!

Edited by dj_flip03

ive always been a chelsea fan but simula nung kinuha nila si ballack and schev...inayawan ko na sila, masyado na silang malakas....so nag barca ako...kala ko mananalo barca...

the game last night was great...ganda ng laro ng chelsea...parang may chemistry na sila...

hndi maganda laro ni ronaldhino and deco...and where was eto'o when they needed him...sayang walang katulong si messi....

galing lng tlga ni drogba at malas si schev..and it shouldve been 3/4-0 kng ok ung touches ni schev at hindi nagbwakaw si essien...

nice wins din by valencia, inter and roma...

nweis ipapalabas b sa espn or star sports ang la liga this monday morning? its real vs barca...

bastos tlga ang espn and starsports sa mga live games, buong linggo nila immarket tpos biglang hindi ipapalabas, bad trip..

sana matuloy ang showing ng game sa sunday 7:55pm sa espn, Manchester United vs. Liverpool..i predict a 2-1 win ng ManUtd..

Onga eh, napaka bastos. Lakas mambad trip!