The Football Thread

Labuyo

Chelsea could obviously be able to defend their title this season as long as mag gel agad yung new lineup nila.

Bilib ako ngayon sa Real Madrid, with Capello's skill, this team could probably win titles once again. Pero by the way, Barca's lineup has become pretty tough as well on the defence dept.

Still up for grabs: Camoranesi, Ibrahimovic, and Trezeguet. Sino kaya kukuha sa kanila? Si Camoranesi magandang palit kay Rufete; Si Zlatan naman pwede sa Liverpool; Si Trezeguet, sa Roma since pasok sila sa CL.

Binili na pala ng Adidas ang Reebok kaya pala Adidas na ang brand ng mga kits na used to be Reebok(?)

And finally... So long, Dennis "ICEMAN" Bergkamp.

Edited by dj_flip03

oo nga lumakas ang Real Madrid pati ang Barcelona, ang lakas na nga ng offense nila pinalakas pa ang defense, w/ Lippi in-charge of Madrid & w/ the sleek attack of Barcelona, i think Chelsea will have a hard time winning the CL, ang tanong eh magcclick kaya sila Sheva, Ballack & Co.?..

oo nga lumakas ang Real Madrid pati ang Barcelona, ang lakas na nga ng offense nila pinalakas pa ang defense, w/ Lippi in-charge of Madrid & w/ the sleek attack of Barcelona, i think Chelsea will have a hard time winning the CL, ang tanong eh magcclick kaya sila Sheva, Ballack & Co.?..

well see :P

yes sir.....saw the testimonial game for him. it was between arsenal and ajax,bergkamp's former team held at the gunners' new field...the emirates stadium.

ah ayun pala yung pinapanood ko kagabi sa dubai sports. :lol:

ganda ng bagong kits ng arsenal ngayon, specially the maroon one, with the gold O2. kaya lang mahal. :(

ganda ng bagong kits ng arsenal ngayon, specially the maroon one, with the gold O2. kaya lang mahal. :(

The maroon with O2? That was their kit last season. Their new kit has the "Fly Emirates" as their sponsor and the color is back to the old red.

...and Barca's new kit has the a huge half blue and half red color instead of the old alternating one.

it might not be fergie's fault.

Don't forget who owns ManU. The Glazers should be blamed. they might not be giving him any money to spend for transfers.

Camoranesi should go to ManU, ayos na midfielder yan..bakit wala pa din binibiling players ang ManU!?!?!?!!?
Oo nga owners din talagay may kasalanan pero kung kinukulit yan ni Fergie.... :P

I dont think its even the owners fault...i think its Alex Ferguson, he hasnt adapted to form a team around Cristiano & Rooney...he is becoming too old fashion and starting to loose his charm in attracting top players to come over and play for Man Utd. I think its got to do with the past incidents of Beckham, Jaap, Ince and now Ruud catching up to him. His going out of his mind thinking that Scholes and Giggs are going to save this club and win back the Premier League heck he even said Ole Gunnar will be sufficient if Ruud leaves...while Ole is the folk hero for many ManUtd fans many know his well past his best now and considering he has missed 95% of the time for the last two season its going to be hard just to pick up that magic he had back in the treble season.

Ferguson is past his date, please someone come in and provide a fresh new approach...this going to be another long United season, if they dont bolster the midfield in about 3 weeks!!!

akala kasi ni abramovich....mabibili nya ang european championship. di pa yata natuto sa experience ng real madrid.GALACTICOS doesn't assure you of any silverware what it guarantees is a big payroll and costs for the club which they eventually pass on to their supporters.

as it is right now,CHELSEA is operating at a loss,meaning their revenue is not enough to cover the clubs maintenance specifically the players' salaries.

and if the rumours are true....mourinho will be on his way out if he still fail to win the champions league this season. :cool:

i agree.. unlike real madrid kahit expensive mga players. In terms of marketability of its players like Beck, Ronaldo and Zizou, profitable... pero ang problem with this team.. TEAM CHEMISTRY.. baka matulad lang si Capello sa mga dating coach ng Real.. I cant remember any coach who stayed in this team more than a year since they started to get allstar players..

Bilib ko kay Buffon.. talagang stay siya sa Juve kahit Serie B..

i agree.. unlike real madrid kahit expensive mga players. In terms of marketability of its players like Beck, Ronaldo and Zizou, profitable... pero ang problem with this team.. TEAM CHEMISTRY.. baka matulad lang si Capello sa mga dating coach ng Real.. I cant remember any coach who stayed in this team more than a year since they started to get allstar players..

Bilib ko kay Buffon.. talagang stay siya sa Juve kahit Serie B..

I'm not a Real Madrid fan but I believe in Capello's ability, just like what he did with Roma, AC Milan and Juventus.

It's just right for Buffon to stay with Juventus. And also so with the other pretty aging players (Del Piero, Nedved, Viera). It will be a great achievement kung mai-ahon nila ang Juve from Serie B back to A. (though masyadong mahirap because of the 30 point deduction). Anyway, I'll stay loyal with Juve and hope they'll come back and hopefully recapture all thats lost (by doing it the clean way, that is :D ).

Sino kaya pwede pumalit kay fergie?? si Lippi or Keiroj(assistant manger ng united...did i spell his name right?)

si quieroz ba tinutukoy mo sir? he had a short stint with real madrid, as manager during the 2004-2005 season(?). and it was really disastrous.di ito uubra sir, in my opinion.

The maroon with O2? That was their kit last season. Their new kit has the "Fly Emirates" as their sponsor and the color is back to the old red.

...and Barca's new kit has the a huge half blue and half red color instead of the old alternating one.

fcuk!!! :grr: Nike is ripping us off!!! :lol: New arrivals my a$$. :wacko:

Edited by bubuy
It will be a great achievement kung mai-ahon nila ang Juve from Serie B back to A. (though masyadong mahirap because of the 30 point deduction).

bro, they were able to appeal it and it has been lowered to a 17 point deduction, hihirit pa ata ng isa pang appeal. :D

baka makabalik na sila sa Serie A sa susunod na appeal. :lol: joke :P

Inter Milan has been awarded the Serie A title, AC Milan remains in the Serie A (8 pt deduction) but is still not sure of a European slot (UEFA or CL)

Real Madrid has raised its offer for Ruud Van Nisteroij but still falls short of Man U's asking price.

Edited by bubuy
bro, they were able to appeal it and it has been lowered to a 17 point deduction, hihirit pa ata ng isa pang appeal. :D

baka makabalik na sila sa Serie A sa susunod na appeal. :lol: joke :P

Real Madrid has raised its offer for Ruud Van Nisteroij but still falls short of Man U's asking price.

If that's the case, well, Juve can come back in Serie A after this season as long as they won't lose more of their great players.

Ang dami pang team ang inaabangan kong gumawa ng malupit na player addition pero mukhang mga bigtime lang ang may mga major player transfers. Kawawa naman mga contending clubs like Osasuna, Roma, Bordeux, and the likes.

By the way, guys! Since malapit na ang opening ng mga leagues. Let's list down the teams we (will) support. Here's mine:

Dutch Eredivisie (Aug 18) - Ajax

French Ligue 1 (Aug 4) - Paris St. Germain, Lyon

German Bundesliga (Aug 11) - Borussia Dortmund, Werder Bremen

Spanish Primera Division (Aug 27) - Valencia CF, Barcelona

English Premier League (Aug 19) - Tottenham Hotspur FC, Arsenal FC

Hanggang ngayon wala pa rin fixtures ng Italy coz of the issue, pero I'll support AS Roma. I'll wait for Juventus' comeback though. :cool:

Kayo???

By the way, guys! Since malapit na ang opening ng mga leagues. Let's list down the teams we (will) support. Here's mine:

Kayo???

EPL: Manchester United

LFP: Real Madrid

Bundesliga: Hamburg SV

Serre A : AC Milan

I hope atleast one of these teams gets some silverware :cool: