The Football Thread

Labuyo

does anyone here know the head to head match-up between man u and real madrid since this 2 are considered to be the 2 superpowers of football now.

Both are loaded with offensive talent although ike casillas I think is the better goalie now.

I can't give you the exact stats right now but if I remember correctly Real beat MANU the last time they met. Becks was still in United that time.

I can't give you the exact stats right now but if I remember correctly Real beat MANU the last time they met. Becks was still in United that time.

Yes thats correcto, that game was back in 2001, i still have the fan mag at home.

The final score was 3-2 return leg at Old Trafford were United was behind 1-0 to Real, Beckham also capped an incredible goal did a small run into the box where he powered a shot home. It was a good goal coz that was the only time I saw Beckham dribble the ball like a Brazilian, but it was all too late for United with Raul doing the damage early on.

I remember the line up at Madrid was Bosnich, Irwin, Stam, Berg, Nev, Giggs, Keane, Scholes, Beckham, Yorke and Cole

Yes thats correcto, that game was back in 2001, i still have the fan mag at home.

The final score was 3-2 return leg at Old Trafford were United was behind 1-0 to Real, Beckham also capped an incredible goal did a small run into the box where he powered a shot home. It was a good goal coz that was the only time I saw Beckham dribble the ball like a Brazilian, but it was all too late for United with Raul doing the damage early on.

I remember the line up at Madrid was Bosnich, Irwin, Stam, Berg, Nev, Giggs, Keane, Scholes, Beckham, Yorke and Cole

Nice a fan mag. The first footie game I will watch will be a big one for me. I will even frame the programme. :P

Guys what do you think about LIV being drawn with INT?

liverpool barely survived the group stages but this is one competition where they really excelled in the last 3-5 years. their struggles in the league and poor management handling by its american owners will also influence their performance on the pitch.

on the other hand, inter is on another excellent season in its league and its veteran warriors are coming off their injuries. however, they havent had much success in champion's league and even luck hasnt been kind on them.

id say both have even chances of making it.

what is really exciting is the match-up between arsenal and milan.

liverpool barely survived the group stages but this is one competition where they really excelled in the last 3-5 years. their struggles in the league and poor management handling by its american owners will also influence their performance on the pitch.

on the other hand, inter is on another excellent season in its league and its veteran warriors are coming off their injuries. however, they havent had much success in champion's league and even luck hasnt been kind on them.

id say both have even chances of making it.

what is really exciting is the match-up between arsenal and milan.

I think ARS will make it. The Milan squad has been playing like LIV of late and add to that the aeging squad of the Rosseneri. Them young guns will be firing through the next stage. and I hope they get to face a team like Barca so they would have a nice initiation ito European futbol.

What happened to Arsenal on their Carling Cup semifinal match with Tottenham? They got thrashed 5-1 by the Spurs, i really thought that their team is better than that tsk tsk tsk Even teammates Adebayor & Bendtner fought during the match..

Edited by _eRon_
Every season may 2 na ganyan ang MANU vs REAL ones in a blue moon lang.

oo nga bro... i hope this year is the year where "ones in a blue moon match" will happen. gusto ko ung hindi sa UEFA Champions League Final, at most sa Semis para may home-away game format. Pag final na, one game lang and this year will be held in moscow kaya medyo hati ung fans ng parehong giant teams, at least makita ko ung whole support ng both teams pag nasa homeground nila, ang alam ko mas matindi mga fans sa Santiago Bernabeu Stadium saka sa Camp Nou kasi may time na pag parang against na sa kanila ung tawag, nambabato na ung mga supporters....

What happened to Arsenal on their Carling Cup semifinal match with Tottenham? They got thrashed 5-1 by the Spurs, i really thought that their team is better than that tsk tsk tsk Even teammates Adebayor & Bendtner fought during the match..

every team has an off day and Wegner feilded a 2nd string side.

Woha! Why am I defending ARS all of a sudden? Jamie Yeo's charms are affecting me already! :P

oo nga bro... i hope this year is the year where "ones in a blue moon match" will happen. gusto ko ung hindi sa UEFA Champions League Final, at most sa Semis para may home-away game format. Pag final na, one game lang and this year will be held in moscow kaya medyo hati ung fans ng parehong giant teams, at least makita ko ung whole support ng both teams pag nasa homeground nila, ang alam ko mas matindi mga fans sa Santiago Bernabeu Stadium saka sa Camp Nou kasi may time na pag parang against na sa kanila ung tawag, nambabato na ung mga supporters....

gusto ko maulit yung pig's head incident sa santiago bernabeu :P

Sana ganto mangyari sa semis

Barca vs MAN United

REAL vs ARS

Tapos sa finals:

MANU vs REAL

OMG!

liverpool almost crashed out of the FA cup against Havant, a semi-amateur team composed of taxi drivers, plumbers etc. Had it not been to benayoun's hattrick near the end of the game- it would have been the biggest upset in FA cup history. Now, am wondering what is really going on inside benitez's head. his transfer policy is becoming unpredictable- it appears to me that liverpool doesnt have any transfer plan intended to suit up their play. Worst, there are potentially huge players who are underutilized in the squad- babel, torres, etc... does he have a game plan in mind? it looks like a mini-version of galaticos again... he is even planning to recruit pablo aimar and even thought of getting walcott! compared to tottenham, liverpool is going nowhere....

nagulat ko sa yo redshirt, dinidefend mo ARS hehehehe

well, i don't believe the excuses fielded by Arsene Wenger for his team losing, i really think that the Spurs are just playing better under Juan DeRamos, kaya nga dapat mag-ingat si Fergie & ManUtd mya sa FA cup match nila, mahirap ng mging complacent bka maisahan din sila ng Spurs hehehe..Go Red Devils!! :)

nagulat ko sa yo redshirt, dinidefend mo ARS hehehehe

well, i don't believe the excuses fielded by Arsene Wenger for his team losing, i really think that the Spurs are just playing better under Juan DeRamos, kaya nga dapat mag-ingat si Fergie & ManUtd mya sa FA cup match nila, mahirap ng mging complacent bka maisahan din sila ng Spurs hehehe..Go Red Devils!! :)

LOL.

I read the MAN United news letter. I believe Fergie will field a full squad.

Gulat nga ako na nauna nakascore ang Harvant. Imagine how much that would have fetched me. :P

Congrats to ManU for a job well done against Totenham Spurs last night. They were tied 1-1 @ 1st half and went on to win 3-1 @ Old Trafford courtesy of Ronaldo's two goals.. Kinabahan din ung ManU kasi kung na-swerte ung Spurs, 3-3 un, madaming opportunity sinayang ung Spurs although nahirapan din pasukin ng ManU ung depensa ng Tott, but ManU proved the tougher of the two in the match... Congrats to all ManU fans!!!

i think the sending off of dawson proved crucial to the match...its already tough to defend against the full might of Man U attacking and creative force... it would be even be scarier to defend minus one man. but just like ramos said earlier, they would go down losing fighting and lose with their head held high...they did gave a good account of themselves....

teka muna... ito yung 5th round (QF) draw:

bristol vs. southampton

cardiff vs. wolves

sheffield utd vs. boro

liverpool vs. banrsley

MANUTD vs. ARSEnal

preston vs. portsmouth

coventry vs. WBA

chelsea vs. huddersfield :P

ang daya bakit minnows ang sa CHE and LIV?

CHE vs ARS dapat kasi holders ang CHE therefore dapat mas malakas opponent nila!