The Football Thread

Labuyo

GOAL!!!

Spain 1 - 0 Ukraine

Xabi Alonso with a header from a corner...the header was very sloppy but it flicked on goal...

Just before the corner...Marcos Senna had a casual stroll towards the box and out of nowhere went for a shot that looked going over the bar but the ball dipped causing Shovkovskiy to par it away...

UPDATE:

GOAL!!!!

Villa scored a greate free kick that had a small deflection from the wall...

Raul, Morientes, Jaquin, Reyes, Salgado....no need haha

Edited by luol_deng
not really, im still at work. i have two live matchcast though :P

i have to go home early coz KSA will have a game at 8pm local time, there might be a tremendous traffic jam on the streets with people here rushing to go home to watch the game. :lol:

haha i forgot that you are in Saudi yea??

Spain is controlling this match...Ukraine are stuck in their own half and cannot press forward...Sheva looks like his on holiday coz he is basically just standing in Spains half...the commentator is saying Spain is like a hot knife and Ukarine is the butter coz of their yellow shirts...haha

UPDATE:

GOAL!!!

Villa scored from the penalty on the 48th minute....its 3-0...its over for Ukraine as they are down to 10 men...

Edited by luol_deng
ah, yup.. sorry, forgot about that..  yeah, I remember now the SEA games, we were seeded with those Ital-Fil guys, but didn't made even the semi-finals.. too bad...

where are these two brothers now? still with the Philippine Squad?

the younghusbands? i think theyre back in the UK where they have a higher chance to improve.. but i guess babalik sila if kailangan sila ng country.. :)

Amazing match!! Spain looked very good tonight... I'm not a Raul fan and didn't mind him being benched...

Here's a tip... don't bring a date to watch the games... You'll end up making sure she's alright and not concentrating on the matches... :lol:

Kinda sleepy so I'm not bothering watching the Saudi vs Tunisia game...

Things look good for Spain... too bad the rest of their matches are too early in the morning during the work week...

I guess it's safe to say that most of the teams have played already... so far who do you think are the teams to beat?

the Spain game ended 4-0 with a Puyol build up that lead to a fantastic in the box run & smash from Torres...

the Saudi vs Tunisia match didnt interest me so i didnt watch it, but when i turn the tv on a few mins ago it was 2-1 in favour of the Saudis and 2 minutes into the 4 minute injury time...Tunisia pulled on back and levelled it 2-2...i saw the goals from the highlights and both Saudi goals were good and the last of Tunisia.

Germany won 1 - 0 Poland...

I must say Poland & Germany were even until Poland went 10 men down...from there Poland hanged on and played defensive...Germany were trying to break down a determined Poland squad, in the late stages Oliver Neuville shot in from a Odonkor cross sealing the fate of Poland...

Before that Poland and Germany were at each others throats...Poland looked like they could snatch a win or even a draw when they were down a man but the injury time goal ended it for them...

Amazing match!!  Spain looked very good tonight...  I'm not a Raul fan and didn't mind him being benched...

I guess it's safe to say that most of the teams have played already... so far who do you think are the teams to beat?

VIVA ESPANA!!!

Brazil is a given...Australia surprised me...Korea looks good...Spain of course...Trinidad may upset some...France looks very unlucky...Germany too...

great win by Ecuador high flowing match, too bad Costa Rica couldnt snatch a few goals...

Half Time between England 0 vs 0 T&T...

England with all the possession of the world (62% vs 38%) and still cant crack it against T&T...a few wide shots, a few over the bar, miss target headers, a few long shots and ONE badly missed open shot by Crouch :grr: ... no rythm, no creative flow...mostly long shots, they need Rooney and rumors he could be put on...

The closet chance was when Beckham crossed into the box with Owen and Crouch in it and one T&T defender Owen lead the T&T player away...Crouch all had to do was control it down and strike...instead he went for a volley that went way off across the face of the goalie and he was open soo wide... :grr:

Crowd booed the England squad when coming off the field...

T&T inspiring defending and creating some chances...hard effort and team work is what is keeping this team from 1 - 0 down...played better creative football than England...

Edited by luol_deng