The Football Thread

Labuyo

Manchester United put £10 million price tag on van Nistelrooy

WWWHHHHAAATT!!! only 10 million pounds for Ruud Van Nistelrooy?!?!? that's a small price to pay for 150 goal striker, what the hell were they thinking, selling him for 10 million pounds?!?! i just hope 10 million pounds for Ruud can get ManUtd not one but several great midfielders..

Hhhhmmm, strikers left for ManUtd, well they have Rooney, Saha, Smith and Solskjaer..3 of them are injured, i do hope Sir Alex knows what he is doing..

List of things to get: we need to strengthen every position, i hope by the end of the summer, ManUtd will be a greater team & can challenge not only for the EPL but also the CL...

Go ManUtd!!!

i have a tidbit for you guys,nung pinagsawaan ni fergie si bneckham,someone from real madrid called and ask how much ang price niya...after the convo, the one who spoke with united said to the RM president....

"sir their asking "peanuts" for beckham" (ofcourse in spanish!! :lol: )

ang laki ng pagsisi ng former owners ng MANU sa ginawa nilang pag-presyo kay becks...i think they are about to make the same mistake again with rudd!!! i think 20 mill would just be a fair price for him coz i think rudd can play for like 5 more years and he is a proven goal-scorer! if this sale pushes through,a lot of people would contimplate when things are too late already...

i have a tidbit for you guys,nung pinagsawaan ni fergie si bneckham,someone from real madrid called and ask how much ang price niya...after the convo, the one who spoke with united said to the RM president....

"sir their asking "peanuts" for beckham" (ofcourse in spanish!! :lol: )

ang laki ng pagsisi ng former owners ng MANU sa ginawa nilang pag-presyo kay becks...i think they are about to make the same mistake again with rudd!!! i think 20 mill would just be a fair price for him coz i think rudd can play for like 5 more years and he is a proven goal-scorer! if this sale pushes through,a lot of people would contimplate when things are too late already...

ya i know this..napanuod ko sa sports center....with regards to ruud..im not sure kung same...

unless malcolm glazer puts in more cash into man. united,it will be very hard for them to keep up with the other premiership giants next season.10m from ruud's sale (if ever?) will not be enough to get them a talented strikerand aside from that they also need a brilliant midfielder......

another development is the crespo plus cash for schevchenko which many feel is the missing link for chelsea's campaign in europe.

waiting right now for the kick - off of the middlesbrough v. sevilla uefa cup finals match. :thumbsupsmiley:

for me,i must say that 25 million pounds would be the fair price for Rudd.

could always be more but should never be less :D

as much as i love Ruud, no way he is near the 25 million pounds mark his around the 18 million pound mark considering he is not as good as Henry, Ronaldo, Adriano etc No doubt the guy can score and score but he isnt on par with the levels of those players. While in PSV he had a nice explosive step but when coming into United he was accustomed to the Andy Cole/Dwight Yorke routine just sit up top next to the box and wait for the crosses to come in...its a special moment when you see Ruud dribble the ball and score, but its not rare that you see Ruud tapping in most of his goals...

I love the guy and wish he stays with United, however its clear to see a youth movement happening in United. If United can get a young next big star like Rooney to replace Ruud than i'd be happy however if they do another Beckham were they couldnt get a replacement after how many years then no-no

as much as i love Ruud, no way he is near the 25 million pounds mark his around the 18 million pound mark considering he is not as good as Henry, Ronaldo, Adriano etc No doubt the guy can score and score but he isnt on par with the levels of those players. While in PSV he had a nice explosive step but when coming into United he was accustomed to the Andy Cole/Dwight Yorke routine just sit up top next to the box and wait for the crosses to come in...its a special moment when you see Ruud dribble the ball and score, but its not rare that you see Ruud tapping in most of his goals...

I love the guy and wish he stays with United, however its clear to see a youth movement happening in United. If United can get a young next big star like Rooney to replace Ruud than i'd be happy however if they do another Beckham were they couldnt get a replacement after how many years then no-no

the reason why i priced him with 25mill coz hes a proven goal scorer...imagin 20+ goals a season is a lot of fire power :lol:

10M pounds? The Glazers must be the one who gave that price tag. The Glazers will be shaking their head If they only knew anything about football since Ruud can go at twice the price. This price is a really cut price for a striker in his caliber. Manutd must be just baiting the clubs for him, when discussions are on the way i am sure the price will go up.

10M pounds? The Glazers must be the one who gave that price tag. The Glazers will be shaking their head If they only knew anything about football since Ruud can go at twice the price. This price is a really cut price for a striker in his caliber. Manutd must be just baiting the clubs for him, when discussions are on the way i am sure the price will go up.

on the contrary,it will go down.they have no choice,if they want to get something out of the dutchman.latest news is ruud is demanding a pay-out from man.united meaning he doesn't want to suit their colours anymore,masyado 'atang napahiya nung di pinaglaro ni fergie sa testimonial game ni keane.

ruud's kind of game relies on crosses and poaching inside the box,kung di makakakuha ang man.united ng midfielder who can provide him with oppurtunities na ganito,then he will be rendered obsolete by a different system that is doing well for man.united at the moment with the partnership of rooney and saha.

on a different note,bukas na ang game ng west ham v. liverpool for the FA cup.

i still blame the bloody americans and their yankee mentalities!!!! :grr:

on the contrary,it will go down.they have no choice,if they want to get something out of the dutchman.latest news is ruud is demanding a pay-out from man.united meaning he doesn't want to suit their colours anymore,masyado 'atang napahiya nung di pinaglaro ni fergie sa testimonial game ni keane.

ruud's kind of game relies on crosses and poaching inside the box,kung di makakakuha ang man.united ng midfielder who can provide him with oppurtunities na ganito,then he will be rendered obsolete by a different system that is doing well for man.united at the moment with the partnership of rooney and saha.

on a different note,bukas na ang game ng west ham v. liverpool for the FA cup.

Go Hammers!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

hehehe ngayon lang kitang nakitang mag-tagalog :P

rooney must play, or else ako na lang :lol:

Italian soccer engulfed by turmoil

By FRANCES D'EMILIO, Associated Press Writer

May 13, 2006

ROME (AP) -- Italian soccer was engulfed by turmoil Saturday when a World Cup referee's accreditation was withdrawn after he was implicated in a game-fixing scandal, and star goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was questioned by prosecutors for suspected illegal betting.

The scandals were denounced by the Vatican as an "offense to sports" and an "offense to the joy of childhood."

ADVERTISEMENT

Buffon's team, Juventus, said the goalie "presented himself of his own volition to magistrates," but didn't say what he told prosecutors. Italy's World Cup team will be announced Monday, and his status is in doubt.

Italian media quoted Buffon's lawyer as saying his client had gambled only on soccer games that didn't involve Italian teams, and he had stopped when that practice was banned last year.

The Italian soccer federation said it sent letters to FIFA and European soccer authorities to rescind the accreditations of referee Massimo De Santis and linesmen Alessandro Griselli and Marco Ivaldi, plus those for Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto, who were to assign game officials at the monthlong World Cup in Germany, which begins June 9. De Santis won't be replaced at the tournament.

"Instead of 23 referees, there will be 22 referees," FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren said.

Bergamo and Pairetto, who had also been vice chairman of UEFA's referees committee, assigned referees to Italian games last season.

Prosecutors in Naples, Rome, Parma and Turin are conducting investigations ranging from game-fixing to illegal betting.

Naples prosecutors said Friday they are investigating four Serie A clubs -- Juventus, Lazio, AC Milan and Fiorentina -- for alleged game-fixing which could implicate "top names."

"We're absolutely confident that we are in no way involved in this affair," industrialist Diego Della Valle, whose family owns Fiorentina, said at a news conference Saturday. "We're asking the prosecutors to do really thorough work and not to leave anything untouched, and to be as fast as possible."

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani, president of the Italian soccer league, also denied any involvement.

"What I care most about is reassuring our fans. It hurts to be involved, even if marginally or not at all," Galliani told the Italian news agency ANSA. "It's very sad, because we haven't done anything."

The Vatican, in its newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, described the scandals as "an offense to sports and to its values. The earthquake which is turning the world of soccer upside down is an offense to the joy of childhood."

Juventus seeks its second straight league title Sunday, the season's final round. The team's entire board resigned Thursday, including managing director Antonio Giraudo and general director Luciano Moggi, who are being investigated for allegedly trying to influence referee appointments.

Italian news organizations printed what they said were transcripts of wiretapped conversations in which Moggi brags that he once locked referees in a locker room for not assuring Juventus of victory.

"They would have to break down the door to get out," Moggi was quoted as saying in one excerpt.

ANSA reported Friday that Moggi and Giraudo also were being investigated for possible involvement in kidnapping after Reggina beat Juventus in November 2004.

The Italian soccer federation, whose president Franco Carraro resigned this week, is conducting its own investigation.

sayang!!!! talo west ham. steven gerrard was the man of the match. in a way,ok na rin ang outcome.if the hammers won,for sure traffic dito sa lugar namin. they already cancelled school classes in the afternoon on monday to make way for a victory parade in case they won.

Lyon eye Van Nistelrooy-Diarra swap deal

Lyon have indicated they may be prepared to do a deal with Manchester United for midfielder Mahamadou Diarra - in part exchange for out-of-favour striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been to watch Mali international Diarra, who he sees as a long-term replacement for Roy Keane who left United by mutual consent last November.

The French champions are believed to want £25million for the 24-year-old, but club official Bernard Lacombe has indicated they may accept a cash-plus-player deal involving Van Nistelrooy.

'It is sure Lyon are interested in Van Nistelrooy,' Lacombe told the Daily Star.

'For the moment we have not officially negotiated with Manchester. It will be a complicated financial deal unless we can exchange one of our players they are interested in, like Diarra.'

Van Nistelrooy appears to be on his way out of Old Trafford after he was left out for the final Premiership match of the season against Charlton and then banned from appearing in Keane's testimonial against Celtic last week.

[READ]