What's Your Cel?

I'm stuck with my Nokia N96 which apparently - has been quite useful after I've upgraded the firmware. I used to just ignore it because it freezes on almost any task. Problem is, I keep on tapping and scrolling on its screen after getting an iPod. Silly me.

Will definitely get a hold of this, if this comes out. For those I-need-to-send-this-sms-or-i'll-die moments.

http://dvice.com/assets_c/2010/10/Nokia-E-Cu-thumb-550xauto-48867.jpg

I am now using a Nokia 1208. Had sick phones b4 and now I decided to lay low coz I figured out I was just wasting money on CP's before. I got the 5110 when it first came out (I was just in high school), Bosch, SE P800, SE P910i, Nokia 5510, Nokia 3300, Nokia N-Gage and some others I can't remember.

i agree we have to stop keeping up with the joneses: there's always a better phone with zillions of features. ironically, we only need a few features for most of our needs. in my case i applied the 80-20 principle and i found out i only need the following features in a phone:

dual sim (a triple sim would be nicer though - one globe or smart, one sun, one landline mobile. however, i didn't like the 3-sim models in the market)

loud ringtones (why else would one use a cellphone if he gets a lot of unanswered calls and unread messages? turn down the volume as needed)

clear reception

backlit keypad (full qwerty if available)

good contrast screen at outdoors

programmable buttons for frequently used functions

durable yet lightweight

i found these all in alcatel's ot-335d. price is 1800 in greenhills.

for the other missing features (actually it has a camera, radio, gprs and media player) i prefer to bring along an ipod touch. hehehe

Edited by remoteworld

last week got nokia 2700 (P3,700)...way back,couple of years.. original n70-(P18,000) at that time..then last year tinopak bilhin china made iphone (P5,000)...nagsisi...cant go back sa n70..coz I already gave it to my wife...jejeje...tight budget..dont want to spent much on phone...gladly i found n2700...di nga lang 3g but almost had same function sa n70...i just realize that you just really need only the few major function ng phone or depend lang sa gumagamit..for me...call,text,cam..2.0 megapixel will do...memory..and fm or mp3sounds will do for me...di naman me net savy on phone so didnt bother though....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...