Credit Card Talk

i hope someone here can help me and pm me. I also posted in the credit standing thread.

i learned recently that i had an "account" with a certain credit card co., now charging me more than 50K for accumulated interests.

thing is, i have never received any card, much more use one.

is this possible?

as of now, i am still waiting for their call. They promised to clarify things with me next week - who issued, who received, where, when, etc.......

Greetings Doc:

There are some areas of your concern where there is avid support should any sort of Financial Harm come to your credit standing as a consequence of them maliciously charging you for billing in the absence of your consent to apply for their card, employ the use of their card or agree in any manner shape or form to contract their credit card for your use. I would, at this point enjoin you never to sign any document they pass you. This is very clearly a case of harassment and there are already signs of threatened harm to your credit standing or your reputation should their collectors start doing their work.

My opinion, from my view is that (1) you should consult a lawyer about the whole incident and what sort of communication you should send them if they drag their feet in replying to you as you mention they should mail communication to you in the week forward. A request for them to explain how they got your details and started charging you the amount they say you owe them should be made by them. This request should be carefully duplicated and sent via registered mail with return card. Indicate in the letter that you are declaring in no uncertain terms that you do not have any business dealing or transactions with them what so ever. (2) That done if they persist in pestering you with this crap advice your lawyer to write a note advising them strongly to cease and desist from their actions based on non factual data otherwise you will go to court on them for approriate punitive action against them. (3) Formally advice the DTI of the kind of scam these jokers are doing in order to exploit your credit standing and try to extort money from you without reasonable cause or judicial basis in any manner shape or form. A copy of this communication may be furnished (3a) NBI --- look for the cyber crime and scam unit of the group (3b) The central bank should also be notified about these jokers who are abusing their Quasi Banking functions for the purpose of trying to scam people, besmirching their credit reputation and prejudicially abusing their quasi-banking authorization as a means to extort money from innocent people employing CREDIT CARD FRAUD as a tool. (4) Media entities could be included in your information later in order to embarass these Jokers and shed to light the scams/schemes and deviltry they are purveying in the industry.

This is just reference for you to give you options on what action to take here. I am being too detailed here because as a doctor you were never trained in Med School to Manage dog-faced Carpet Bagging jokers like these. Have a nice day to you ABD.

Edited by sleep_heavy

Greetings Doc:

There are some areas of your concern where there is avid support should any sort of Financial Harm come to your credit standing as a consequence of them maliciously charging you for billing in the absence of your consent to apply for their card, employ the use of their card or agree in any manner shape or form to contract their credit card for your use. I would, at this point enjoin you never to sign any document they pass you. This is very clearly a case of harassment and there are already signs of threatened harm to your credit standing or your reputation should their collectors start doing their work.

My opinion, from my view is that (1) you should consult a lawyer about the whole incident and what sort of communication you should send them if they drag their feet in replying to you as you mention they should mail communication to you in the week forward. A request for them to explain how they got your details and started charging you the amount they say you owe them should be made by them. This request should be carefully duplicated and sent via registered mail with return card. Indicate in the letter that you are declaring in no uncertain terms that you do not have any business dealing or transactions with them what so ever. (2) That done if they persist in pestering you with this crap advice your lawyer to write a note advising them strongly to cease and desist from their actions based on non factual data otherwise you will go to court on them for approriate punitive action against them. (3) Formally advice the DTI of the kind of scam these jokers are doing in order to exploit your credit standing and try to extort money from you without reasonable cause or judicial basis in any manner shape or form. A copy of this communication may be furnished (3a) NBI --- look for the cyber crime and scam unit of the group (3b) The central bank should also be notified about these jokers who are abusing their Quasi Banking functions for the purpose of trying to scam people, besmirching their credit reputation and prejudicially abusing their quasi-banking authorization as a means to extort money from innocent people employing CREDIT CARD FRAUD as a tool. (4) Media entities could be included in your information later in order to embarass these Jokers and shed to light the scams/schemes and deviltry they are purveying in the industry.

This is just reference for you to give you options on what action to take here. I am being too detailed here because as a doctor you were never trained in Med School to Manage dog-faced Carpet Bagging jokers like these. Have a nice day to you ABD.

These jokers always send me fancy-looking gold or platinum cards with my name on it and preload it with credit. I never use it and just keep it filed in my drawer. Should they come collecting charges on theses card I tell the company that I never used their cards in any manner and should they persist in charging me for not doing any thing I will sue them for Fraud and intend to win that case up to the supreme court.. They usually stop bugging me at that point. They wana test if they can screw around with some patsy and exploit fear and deception to extort money. That is deliberate fraud my friends.

As a life hack and rule, I do not spend money I do not have in my pocket. Any money I have is planned or programmed for employment otherwise it goes to investment or to the bank. Credit cards are a nuisance in my lifestyle. I just notice it as a necessary evil utilizable on certain instances. In those instances I pay everything immediately at once, when I get their bill. That way they can not make money on unpaid portion interest which becomes huge and daunting over time.

Edited by sleep_heavy

For those being chased by collecting agents.. zorro.gif

SUBSEC. X320.14 UNFAIR COLLECTION PRACTICES

Banks, subsidiary/affiliate credit card companies, collection agencies, counsels & other agents may resort to all reasonable & legally permissible means to collect amounts due them under the credit card agreement: Provided, That in the exercise of their rights & performance of duties, they must observe good faith & reasonable conduct & refrain from engaging in unscrupulous or untoward acts. Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this Subsection:

a. the use or threat of violence or other criminal means to harm the physical person, regulation, or property of any person;

b. the use of obscenities, insults, or profane language which amount to a criminal act or offense under applicable laws;

c. disclosure of the names of credit cardholders who allegedly refuse to pay debts, except as allowed under Subsec.X320.9;

d. threat to take any action that cannot be legally taken;

e. communicating or threat to communicate to any person crdeit information

Thank you for this my friend. My plan is to etch this in Gold and Silver and frame it hang it over my wall in front of the Telephone. So that if one of my kids gets stupid enuf to Max out his card and these dumbo collectors start the horror picture show on him he will know what is what. The safest haven for a collection attack is a good lawyer with a practical sense of what is fair just and honest. Thats the way to beat these shysters. Thanks to The CB as well for siding with the cosumers on these matter.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

hi.. recently, my grandmother got an offer from citibank. no documents required, cause shes ben on globe platinum for the almost 5 years already. we recieved an offer from citibank,

the thing is.. when the question "occupation and name of company" appeared, we dont know what wo write. her income comes mainly from the crops of rice from tuguegarao and rents from apartments. she ahs 3 cars naman, and she owns her own home.

what should we put? we wanna take advantage of it kasi, sayang.. :D

anyone who could help us on what to put? to surely get approved? maski silver lang? but the gold is nice. hehe.

Good day guys! May i invite you to avail our new "PSBank Flexi −personal loan na may extra PRIME REBATE.The only PERSONAL LOAN that makes you earn rebates for advance or excess payments."

A COLLATERAL−FREE that has ATM facility and CREDIT CARD facility. (no pdc and no co maker required, no bank required,very fast processing)

Anyone wants to have pesonal loan? Its easy to apply you can loan from 20k-250k in a card you can swipe just like a credit card or you can withdraw justlike ATM card with a 1.75% of interest per m0nth. This is a standby cash fund tru atm. D mo man sya mgamit before 3mons. hndi ggana ang interest at qng magkano lng ang ginamit mo un lng ang may interest..

Qualified Loaners or Preferred Clients

−top 10k corporation employee

−atleast 18k and up ang monthly salary

−23−54 yrs. old

−married status

−employment tenure of at least 2yrs. with your current employer

Applicants who are not Qualified

foreigners, OFW, residing or working outside trading area, non−cardholder for (self−employed),nuns,priest,lawyers,soldiers,policeman,co terminus employees,media personalities, agent call centers, employees of metro group.

*To avail our flexi loan just simply fill up the application send by email,fax or personal and send it to me together with your requirements

*Requirements:

Employed:

1.)2valid ID back to back clear copy

2.)with 3 specimen signature

3.)Latest ITR (atleast minimum of 180,000 gross compensation income)

4.) 3 months payslip

(For credit card holders)

5.)original copy of latest credit card billing statement (SOA) "if u have credit card"

*kung wla kang credit card okay lang same requirements pdin (1,2,3,4)

Self−Employed

1.)latest ITR(1701 or 2317)

2.)2valid ID back to back clear copy

3)with 3 specimen signature

4) Auditors Report

5)Financial Statement wd BIR stamp

6) original copy of latest credit card Biling statement(SOA)

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

Dont worry this is not a scam coz i will not get any amount from you just a copy of your documents

#JUST PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED OR CALL ME TO THIS NUMBERS 752−1750/09266200109/09204241705 AND LOOK FOR MS.CLouie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sharing .

Here are my rules for credit card use.

- don't spend the money you don't have.

- use it only for large purchases so you don't need to carry that much cash. Think safety.

- make sure you have the capacity to pay the day after. If you can't pay, you can't afford it. Only then you can split the payment between pay dates.

- pay in cash, as safe as you could. Then credit cards.

- don't hold more than 1 credit card. If you need a larger limit, simply call the bank (yes, this is easy)

- don't stop hating a thick wallet of cards

- protect your information. Take extra care when purchasing online.

- remember, you also have a well-funded debit card that works almost the same way

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Syet, I started with CitiBank at P10,000 credit limit. What I did was to charge all my utility bills sa CC ko and then pay IN FULL and ON TIME. Been doing it for several years now. Every year, I call them to waive my membership fee and they always do. I never asked for increase in credit limit. Sila lagi ang nag-ooffer. Right now my credit limit is at P250k. Ngayon hindi lang utility bills. Pati groceries and what-nots ko, sa CC ko naka-charge. Other banks are calling me to allow them to give me a credit card. So far, I only accepted the ones from EastWest and BPI. Pero bihira ko gamitin. The best for me ang CitiBank. Madali lang mag-credit card basta may disiplina ka and you always follow the IN FULL AND ON TIME payment. :)

Syet, I started with CitiBank at P10,000 credit limit. What I did was to charge all my utility bills sa CC ko and then pay IN FULL and ON TIME. Been doing it for several years now. Every year, I call them to waive my membership fee and they always do. I never asked for increase in credit limit. Sila lagi ang nag-ooffer. Right now my credit limit is at P250k. Ngayon hindi lang utility bills. Pati groceries and what-nots ko, sa CC ko naka-charge. Other banks are calling me to allow them to give me a credit card. So far, I only accepted the ones from EastWest and BPI. Pero bihira ko gamitin. The best for me ang CitiBank. Madali lang mag-credit card basta may disiplina ka and you always follow the IN FULL AND ON TIME payment. :)

Syet ano nirereason pag magpapawaive ka ng CC? TIA

Haven't yet paid any annual fees. Neither did I ever request for it to be waived. I guess, they do it automatically sometimes?

Been using my credit card for almost all my purchases, just so I don't need to carry cash especially for large purchases. Think safety.

But it's good to always consider it as just a virtual wallet. Never use it if you don't have the funds to pay for the purchases yet. I normally pay for my purchases the same day. Didn't have to carry considerable amounts of cash, plus, I get the points, and they can't charge me for interests.

Boils down to discipline and self-control.

pwede naman talaga iwaive annual fee kung ayaw pumayag pa cancel niyo na and get another card,.

may ibang tao kasi na one credit card lang. kaya dun nag take advantage ang banks. kaya minsan sinusubukan ka nila lagyan ng annual fee. meron kasi mga tao na di alam na pwede ma waive. kahit malaki gastos mo di nila automatic waive yun. hihintayin ka nila mag hingi ng waive of annual fee. baka siguro makalusot

Haven't yet paid any annual fees. Neither did I ever request for it to be waived. I guess, they do it automatically sometimes?

Been using my credit card for almost all my purchases, just so I don't need to carry cash especially for large purchases. Think safety.

But it's good to always consider it as just a virtual wallet. Never use it if you don't have the funds to pay for the purchases yet. I normally pay for my purchases th..e same day. Didn't have to carry considerable amounts of cash, plus, I get the points, and they can't charge me for interests.

Boils down to discipline and self-control.

Safety not that assured. I have personal friends who had their cars blocked and was asked to withdraw cash advance from ATM and credit cards. Many of us just retain the platinum status for its benefits and privileges but ask the cc companies to give us lowest possible credit limit and display pin for cash advance

Safety not that assured. I have personal friends who had their cars blocked and was asked to withdraw cash advance from ATM and credit cards. Many of us just retain the platinum status for its benefits and privileges but ask the cc companies to give us lowest possible credit limit and display pin for cash advance

if its credit cards. couldnt you just tell the robbers that you do not know your cash advance pin? since some people really do not know it

• 2 weeks later...