Samsung Mobile

why not wait for Galaxy S1,000 or even Galaxy S 1,000,000

by that time siguradong sulit na sulit na ang pag upgrade mo

Natawa ako dito ah...

Serious comment, subjective kasi ang pagiging "sulit". Maaring "sulit" sa iba ang upgrade from iPhone 4 to 4s kahit na Camera at Siri lang ang major difference. Pwede rin namang hindi "sulit" ang upgrade from i9000 Galaxy S1 (phone ko hehe) to Galaxy S2 dahil isang processor, CPU speed, camera, flash and screen size lang ang noticeable difference. And add the fact that the cost of technology depreciates quickly, for example a Nokia N95 you got way back then for around 30k php are now being sold for 2k+ php. If you'll ask me, its not "sulit" to upgrade especially if you're from Galaxy S2. There's NO single app from Google Playstore that requires a quad-core processor (maybe a PS2 emulator but that's very unlikely to have a stable one this year) and the most brutal multi-tasking on a phone can be handled by a 1ghz single core phone like the S1.

Natawa ako dito ah...

Serious comment, subjective kasi ang pagiging "sulit". Maaring "sulit" sa iba ang upgrade from iPhone 4 to 4s kahit na Camera at Siri lang ang major difference. Pwede rin namang hindi "sulit" ang upgrade from i9000 Galaxy S1 (phone ko hehe) to Galaxy S2 dahil isang processor, CPU speed, camera, flash and screen size lang ang noticeable difference. And add the fact that the cost of technology depreciates quickly, for example a Nokia N95 you got way back then for around 30k php are now being sold for 2k+ php. If you'll ask me, its not "sulit" to upgrade especially if you're from Galaxy S2. There's NO single app from Google Playstore that requires a quad-core processor (maybe a PS2 emulator but that's very unlikely to have a stable one this year) and the most brutal multi-tasking on a phone can be handled by a 1ghz single core phone like the S1.

Yeah, "sulit" is very subjective. But anyway, about the upgrade, aside from the new features I'm very much impressed with its speed.

The original S1 (the i9000 unit which shares the Super AMOLED screen of S2 and S3) is already phased out. Don't know about Galaxy S2 but S3 is around 31k+.

s2 is around 20k. invest mo na lang sa gold bro. tiyak after 1 year appreciate ang value. talo talaga pag gadget.

wala na ba second hand na s1? or di advisable bumili neto?

Merong second hand syempre, pero sa gray market & buy & sell sites ka lang makakakita niyan. Regarding kung advisable or hinde, price over functionality ratio very much worth it lalo na kung makakakuha ka ng hindi pa gaanong gamit na unit. Ang "weakness" lang naman ng S1 is walang flash ang camera but the advantages far outweigh it (this is one of the very few 2.1 Eclair phones that you can update to 4.0 ICS UNofficially).

Merong second hand syempre, pero sa gray market & buy & sell sites ka lang makakakita niyan. Regarding kung advisable or hinde, price over functionality ratio very much worth it lalo na kung makakakuha ka ng hindi pa gaanong gamit na unit. Ang "weakness" lang naman ng S1 is walang flash ang camera but the advantages far outweigh it (this is one of the very few 2.1 Eclair phones that you can update to 4.0 ICS UNofficially).

thanks for the info. IMHO, ICS would make this a great phone.

now for the phone hunt. lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a Samsung SGh250 slide phone for almost 4 years util the keypad malfunctioned. Sabi ng technician yung "ribbon" inside and usual sakit ng slide phones, so after that I didn't want to own a slidephone again. It was affordable alternative to Nokia back then.

Now using a galaxy 5 and Tab 7" .. overall good, but battery life not so good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay lang sa babae ang curve pero sa phone madulas hawakan lalo na ako na madalas mag slip ang celfone sa kamay ko.

If you're going to put it on the table, ang ganda nya tignan. But of course one has to hold the phone to use it. And ayun nga, the look is sleek, pero pag hawak mo na din madulas na eh. I tried the demo kasi in some stores, same feel, pero madulas talaga.