• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Are You From The 80s?

most of the time i go with 97.3 LS FM. even won a pair of movie tickets on their "call in" contest where one has to be the first caller or number "X" caller.  went to pick up the tickets and was surprised to see Bob Magoo (who handed them to me, if i remember it right) in a relatively small booth inside the GMA=7 building.

If im not mistaken, this Bob Magoo dude worked for a while at RJ FM. I'm not sure though.

The best pa rin ang 80s .... especially the music............collecting records... LP ,45and extended versions, recording from cassette tapes. High school and college life............. Life was simple then.... few telephones and no cellphones... sulatan (mail) tayo mga friends... pag may lakad or usapan siguradong sisipot. (di gaya ngayon... di makapaghintay....ang txt or tawag).... etc etc

ibang iba metro manila nun. wala pa libis. wala pa eastwood. damuhan lang ang ortigas. damuhan pa banda sm north. late 80s na nagka sm north. damuhan pa talaga fairview nun.

two prominent buildings in ortigas back then were Meralco and Philcomcen. one can't miss them dahil parehong may communication tower sa rooftop. in the early 80s, the only bank between the stretch of commonwealth from philcoa to fairview was the family savings bank in don antonio which later became bpi family bank. and the only major commercial establishment in this area was glori's supermart at the corner of tandang sora. ang FEU campus sa likod ng don antonio bagong bukas lang. panay pa nga rally/protesta ng mga students sa morayta for the transfer.

Mobile Disco

New wave

Bagets

Graffittis

Yellow ribbon, T-shirt, dress, Mellow Yellow

POLO T shirt - Orig or fake.

Sperry, Docksides, Timberland

Chinos

Princess Diana

Doña Buding

Body language, Gigolo, Strut, Poplock, Break dancing

Atari

Game and Watch

for 80"s wrestlemania fans out there....

WrestleMania

March 31, 1985 in New York City, NY

Tito Santana beat The Executioner (Buddy Rose) via submission.

King Kong Bundy pinned SD Jones.

Ricky Steamboat pinned Matt Borne.

Brutus Beefcake DCO David Sammartino.

Junkyard Dog beat WWF I-C Champ Greg Valentine via countout.

Nikolai Volkoff & Iron Sheik beat Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda to win the WWF Tag Title when Volkoff pinned Windham.

Andre the Giant beat John Studd in a "bodyslam" match. If Andre lost he would retire. If Studd lost, he would give Andre $15,000.

Wendi Richter (managed by Cyndi Lauper) pinned Lelani Kai to win the WWF Women's Title.

Hulk Hogan & Mr. T beat Paul Orndorff & Roddy Piper when Hogan pinned Orndorff. Muhammad Ali was the special outside referee

Speaking of Malate nighlife in the 80s, I miss drinking Foster Beer at THE AUSTRALIAN CLUB along Ermita where the music system is just great and so were the go-go babes dancing to the beat of of Billy Idol's "White Wedding Gown".

And then we would troupe to CLUB DOMDOM which boasted of the best looking and saucy babes located right across Cafe Adriatico. Closing time at the Club, I'd pick my babe up and have early morning breakfast of Tapsilog at a nearby make-shift eatery before we call it a day.

A thousand bucks in Malate for a single night during the 80s will bring you a loooong way! :cool:

Edited by Mandrake