• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

11 hours ago, METALFREAK said:

Nice to know that you've also watched it.

You mentioned Blake Christian, he is just back on being his ownself. Every wrestler that goes to wwe becomes a different person because wrestlers are so micromanaged over there, not only on their characters or gimmicks but also their in ring moves and performance, they are not allowed to do much over there.

I agree with this. They're mostly watered down to a point that they become a shell of their former selves. I've seen a lot of recent jumpshippers (from NXT to AEW) who immensely improved their in-ring work -- namely Andrade, Swerve, FTR, and even Adam Cole. I can even think of names in the broader independent scene but there's that. Takeway is the WWE system is really not for everybody and it's so pleasing to see alternatives pop-up from time to time. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's Wrestlemania Backlash today! Quite excited for the main event. Sucks that the unification bout won't push through but we're going to see the Bloodline in full force against RK-Bro and Drew McIntyre. Interesting to see where this goes!

Other bouts I'm excited for: Rollins vs. Rhodes 2 and Edge vs. AJ Styles (I'm particular with this one because I personally feel their Wrestlemania match was really underwhelming)

20220429_WMBacklash_RKBRO_vs_Usos_FC_Date--a59cc2ddd0392dfc0d690909b6c0a6d5.jpeg

20220411_WMBacklash_Cody_vs_Seth_FC_Date--ffb6d89fd753de936fc277d085d7631d.jpeg

Match feature I want to share: Darby Allin vs. Jeff Hardy (AEW Dynamite - Owen Hart Foundation Tournament 5/11/22)

Awesome, awesome match. A bit too spotty at times, but seeing Jeff do all those wicked spots with good ol' JR on commentary takes me back. I'm a bit concerned about Jeff's well being at this stage of his career but I reckon he can still go. Darby on the other hand is great as usual, but there were certain spots that are too risky (at least for me) that I legitimately thought he hurt himself. Overall, a dream match that delivered. I have to give AEW the credit they deserve this week. 

Here's another one for the week: The Bloodline vs. RK-Bro & Drew McIntyre (Wrestlemania Backlash)

Again, Roman and the Bloodline proving they are on another level. For casual sports entertainment watchers, the pace of this match was great. The sequences, moves, and overall chemistry of the superstars involved was amazing. I've been seeing comments that this match had similarities to a PWG-style one and I agree. Riddle was my MVP in this match, and a close second comes Randy. A match that overdelivered in my eyes and I'm excited where this feud will go given Roman's new contract that allows him to work lesser dates than usual.

The Usos vs. RK-Bro (Tag Team Championship Unification Match - Smackdown 05/20/22)

This match had it all. The build-up, the "big fight feel", the emotions -- everything. Randy and Riddle are perhaps one of the best acts in WWE right now that no one even expected to last this long. They're such good babyfaces that even kids and the audiences were emotional after the beatdown they suffered from the hands of The Bloodline. A premium live event worthy match, I hope this serves as a precedent for the eventual Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns match.

The Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson) vs. Dante Martin & Matt Sydal (AEW Rampage 05/20/22)

Consistent great showing from the BCC. The BCC is perhaps my current favorite team in AEW (besides Starks &Hobbs). Gonna give credit to the high flyers for putting on a solid match against two of the very best in AEW, and being able to hang on most of the match. I'm not that sold yet on the BCC going against the Jericho Appreciation Society but let's see where that will go. Overall, a solid match from Mox and Bryan as usual.

Ilja Dragunov vs. Jordan Devlin 2 - NXT UK Championship -- Loser Leaves NXT UK (NXT UK 200th Episode 05/12/22)

If you haven't started watching NXT UK, you're probably missing out. You rarely see NXT UK getting featured on talks, podcasts, etc., but it houses one of the best talent pool with tremendous wrestling showcases that come with it. This specific match is a good starting point if you want to explore the British style of wrestling. I can't say good things enough about the execution and pacing of the whole match that just lured me in for a good 20 minutes. Devlin and Dragunov are perhaps the two best wrestlers they currently have on the roster and they indeed delivered on the said main event. Curious to see where Jordan Devlin goes after this (will probably move to the States in NXT 2.0) but we'll see. Don't sleep on NXT UK -- you won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A-Kid vs. Charlie Dempsey - NXT UK Heritage Cup Rules (NXT UK 05/26/22)

Okay. So here's another classic from two of the most talented young guns of NXT UK. For those who aren't aware. Charlie Dempsey is the son of the legendary Sir William Regal (yes, that's right) and has been one of their highly featured superstars in the roster. Both men have continuously produced classic after classic after classic so it's only logical if they have this long awaited rematch. Did it deliver? It certainly did.

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Jay White - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (NJPW Dominion in Osaka-Jo Hall 06/12/22)

I have been out of the New Japan loop for quite a while so this match specifically piqued my interest. I've been a fan of Jay White since his early young lion days way back 2016 and to see how far he's grown as a competitor is such a treat to see. A 26-minute masterpiece between arguably the best Japan has to offer in Okada and the fastest rising star in Jay White, this turned out to be one of the best matches I've seen this year and it did exceed all my expectations. 

Riddle vs. Sami Zayn (Smackdown, 06/10/22)

To say Riddle is having the run of his career is an understatement. Ever since Orton was put on the shelf due to injury, Riddle has consistently been targeting Roman Reigns and The Bloodline with hopes of dethroning the 650+ day reign of the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion. Sami being heavily featured in this program is just so amazing to watch as his storytelling skills is definitely at par with his in-ring work. I'm interested to see the aftermath of how Riddle will take the loss from Roman because let's face it -- no one's good enough to dethrone the tribal chief at this day and age. Acknowledge him.