WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Catching up with The Outlaw

By Brett Hoffman

Written: January 29, 2007

For many years, the frightening sound of a bullwhip’s snap meant one thing in WWE: "Outlaw" Ron Bass was in the building. With the trusty Miss Betsy at his side, the rugged Texan used an aggressive old-school offense to intimidate and punish his unlucky opponents.

During his tenure with WWE in the late '80s, the battle-tested brawler participated in several historic matches which helped revolutionize the industry. In addition to being involved in the first-ever Survivor Series and Royal Rumble contests, Bass was involved in a Saturday Night’s Main Event classic when he battled Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake in a Hair vs. Hair match. At the time, sports-entertainment was yet to reach its greatest heights, but "Outlaw" told WWE.com that you could feel something special was about to happen.

“I came from the time of regional territories and small-time promotions,” said Bass. “I had heard of so many of these Superstars before, but I had never shared a ring with them before. I looked around and saw all these huge stars working for one company. It was just a magical feeling. That was the start of the WWE’s rise.”

After years and years on the road, which included a stretch of 104 straight days away from his home, the constant nagging injuries left the veteran with no choice but to hang up the bullwhip and face life after wrestling. For Bass, retirement meant returning to his home in Tampa, Fla., where he found religion, golf, and a place to put his Bachelor's of Science Degree from Arkansas State University to work.

“Generally when a wrestler retires, they open a bar or a gym, but I didn’t want to do that,” said Bass. “I jumped into Florida’s booming construction market, where I work as a sales rep for a major supply company. Business has been good, and things have worked out well. There is life after wrestling.”

Living with his 13-year-old son, the Superstar of yesterday is left with no choice but to follow the Superstars of today. The current WWE roster offers a dramatic contrast to the days when Miss Betsy rested in Ron’s corner, but the retired grappler is still happy to offer his endorsement.

“It’s all about adrenaline now,” said Bass. “These guys are always pushing the envelope and it’s exciting to watch. It’s awesome to watch them in action, and I tip my cap to them. The future is bright for WWE.”

post-23387-1170855649.jpg

post-23387-1170855665.jpg

SMACKDOWN! TAPING RESULTS FOR 02/09/07

Dark Match:

Chuck Palumbo beat someone.

Chavo beat someone.

Smackdown started:

Undertaker beat Miz with a tombstone and then gave him

the Last Ride through the announce table after the

bell.

Deuce and Domino beat Kendrick and London, non-title

match.

Fit Finlay beat Boogeyman after Little Bastard

distracted Boogeyman. They announced a rematch for No

Way Out.

A commercial said Misterio will be back in 2 weeks.

Joey Mercury beat Matt Hardy in a good match.

Teddy Long announced there will be a Diva talent

competition at No Way Out, with divas from all the

brands. Yippee!

Daivari beat Gregory Helms, non-title.

Batista beat Mr. Kennedy, Batista hit him with 4 or 5

spinebusters because I don't think he knows any other

moves. Undertaker started him down from the

entranceway on a raised platform after the match.

hmm... i hope michaels will be do a flamboyant entrance again this coming wrestlemania... like the ones he did in the past... remember the time he slid down from the top of the stadium all the way to the ring?... it's probably one of the most memorable in wrestling history... i think it was in montreal... correct me if i'm wrong...

Edited by teio
hmm... i hope michaels will be do a flamboyant entrance again this coming wrestlemania... like the ones he did in the past... remember the time he slid down from the top of the stadium all the way to the ring?... it's probably one of the most memorable in wrestling history... i think it was in montreal... correct me if i'm wrong...

I doubt it. That's how Owen Hart died remember?

hi guys makisingit na nga po. am no so fund of watching wrestling but i enjoy it also. just want everyone to know that it so happened the i've recorded their last live royal rumble sa satellite...it's really entertaining...at nakakapagod panoorin....anyway, if anyone wanna have a copy....pm me...just pay for a little...

hi guys makisingit na nga po. am no so fund of watching wrestling but i enjoy it also. just want everyone to know that it so happened the i've recorded their last live royal rumble sa satellite...it's really entertaining...at nakakapagod panoorin....anyway, if anyone wanna have a copy....pm me...just pay for a little...

Hehehe Sir nadodownload na po sa Torrent :)

Edited by peep_tom

Latest news about Goldberg:

Former WCW and WWE World Champion Bill Goldberg recently spoke out in an article in the Miami Herald about Showtime’s new Mixed Martial Arts Company, Elite XC. In the article Goldberg shoots on how he feels about TNA using his name in a recent storyline. He stated:

''If it wasn't for a phone call from Lesnar, I wouldn't have known about that,'' said Goldberg. ``Brock said, `You know that they are using our name again.' I told him it pisses you off to a point because you see people capitalizing on your name, and it benefits you in absolutely no way, except for the fact that it keeps the name out there. If it were not for wrestling, I wouldn't be doing this Showtime gig and the Spike TV gig, because as many bad things that were associated with it, that profession kind of put me on the map. I owe a lot to it, and I owe the fans even more, but it pisses me off as a promotion that somebody would do that. That is no big deal. It just gives me more of a reason to beat the hell out of them even more.''

Goldberg then noted that at the age of 40 his days inside the wrestling ring are more than likely, over. He said "...my days of putting those skinny tights on, whether it be for wrestling or fighting, are pretty much over with. Although, [Live Events President] Gary Shaw, like pretty much any good promoter I've been associated with, is going to try to get me in the ring or cage. You never say never, but the reality is for me to be a successful MMA fighter you have to be well-rounded and put the time in. It's tough to put six months in and say `Ok, I'm going to fight.''

The Elite XC promotion will debut this Saturday on Showtime and will be presenting regular live events on the pay-cable network. Canadian fans will be able to see the promotion on The Fight Network. Goldberg will be doing the color commentary.

this was in arrowhead pond in anaheim california, at wrestlemania xii, in the first ever iron man match with bret hart.

how 'bout this scenario:

HBK will face Cena at WM23, HBK wins the WWE title and holds on to it until Triple H comes back, the two DX buddies will then start a program for the WWE title, Triple H has already expressed interest in being 11-time World champ.

As for the World title, 'Taker will face Batista at WM23. No, Batista won't end the streak, 'Taker will win the World title at 'Mania, being the 10th anniversary of his 2nd World title win over Sid at WM13. I don't think 'Taker's streak should ever end, this will be the dead man's legacy.

slowly but surely, the picture is getting clearer.

just remember guys, I said it here first. :P :D

I think the old guys, taker and HBK will win the titles..

I really think Undertaker will win against Batista. It will be part of the trend of at least since 2001, where every Rumble winner have gone on to win the main event at Wrestlemania. Plus, I don't think that they will end the Undertaker's impressive 14-0 Mania streak.

Of course, that's just one guy's opinion.