WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Morgan committed to returning

By David Agostino

July 7, 2005

It was less than two months ago that Matt Morgan was at Judgment Day, helping Carlito defeat Big Show. Morgan was one of the more athletic and imposing Superstars on the SmackDown! roster. And at 6-foot-10 and just 28-years-old, Morgan figured to have a bright future with WWE.

And while he hopes he still might, that future became slightly more clouded when Morgan was one of many Superstars let go by the company earlier this week.

In fact, after Morgan saw the first list of cuts on Tuesday, he took a deep breath, only to get the bad news one day later.

“I saw the first list of guys let go and my heart just went out to them,” Morgan said in an exclusive WWE.com interview. “Still, you’re happy it’s not you. Then the second day you get the call.”

Morgan had become a regular on SmackDown!, even appearing on the July 7 show. Considering how much he was on TV of late, Morgan was stunned by his release.

“I was kind of shocked,” Morgan said. “I thought I was doing everything they asked of me. I’m still so new to the sport and I have such an upside. I’m still going to get to where I have to go, I’m just going to have to take a different avenue.”

Currently, Morgan, who was part of Tough Enough 2, said he’s looking over a pair of offers he’s received for small movie roles. But, above everything else, he’s committed to returning to wrestling.

“Wrestling is still my top priority,” Morgan said. “I will look at my options, whether that means wrestling in Japan, Germany, anywhere overseas. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward. I want to get the opportunity to come back and show everyone the real Matt Morgan. The guy who’s the most athletic and promising big man in the sport.”

Still, Morgan had a blast over the last couple months, and he’s still confident a return will be in the works one day.

“It was awesome, I had the time of my life,” Morgan said. “I want to thank all of the McMahons, Jim Ross, John Laurinaitis and Fit Finlay for giving me the opportunity. I will see them again. I learned about having fun and not being wound so tight. It didn’t work out this time, but I’m willing to accept it and grow from it. I’m just 28, I’m only going to get better.”

Napanuod kow ecw kanina on jack tv...dam lupit ng mga matches...more on barbarick fight...hehehehe..pinaka fave kow yung huling macth wherein stonecold with the ecw vs wwe anti ecw...heheheheheha..also about naman sa retrench/release ng wwe..sayang si haas and the dudley..best parn ang dudley kung napanuod nio ung nasa ecw...hehehehehe :cool:

pagkatapos panoorin ang ecw, nasasayangan din talaga ako sa mga hardworkers na hindi nabibigay ng tv time tulad nga nila dudleys, rvd, tommy dreamer, al snow, psicosis, supercrazy, little guido, stevie richards, sandman.... tapos tinutulak sa fans mga katulad ni chris masters, orlando jones, bashams...

Tamago's Wrestling Chismaks! :cool:

Hulk Hogan has expressed that he wants to wrestle John Cena.

Edge will start a feud with Cena this summer. It's possible he'll use his "money in the bank" contract.

Whether he uses it or not, HHH will work with Cena after his feud with Edge. The plan is that HHH will help out Cena like what he did for Batista.

WWE might induct Dusty Rhodes, the Road Warriors, and Bret Hart into the Hall Of Fame next year. They wanted to induct Rhodes this early year, but he was still commited to TNA during that time.

WWE plans to make Hart the centerpiece of the induction ceremony like what they've done with Hogan this year. But doubts remain because of his shaky relationship with the WWE regarding his departure and Owen Hart's death.

Amy Dumas aka Lita and Adam Copeland aka Edge have split up. They are now playing out the couple role on-screen.

Rumor has it that Edge is trying to reconcile with his wife, while Lita & Matt Hardy are now on semi-speaking terms.

Many feel that if Lita & Hardy get back together, that would influence him to re-sign with the WWE.

Hardy has been contacted by the WWE, and officials have asked him to not to sign with TNA yet until Vince McMahon can give him an offer.

Regarding this, Hardy has asked TNA officials to give him more time to think about him signing up with the company.

In a recent indy show, Hardy asked the audience where they would like to see him wrestle, & most of the people chanted "TNA! TNA!" while the others were chanting "F**k Vince!"

Ric Flair suffered a minor knee injury during his match against Kurt Angle.

Joey Styles is working as a voiceover regarding ECW-related WWE projects but still has his Monday-to-Friday day job.

Nunzio and Randy Orton are now working in OVW. Orton's presence in the OVW signifies his upcoming return to the WWE.

Sean Waltman and Jerry Lynn might revive their feud this year.

Monty Brown was considered to win the belt at TNA Slammiversary instead of Raven, but officials felt that his first championship shouldn't come too early because he's not that ready. But management is very high on Brown, & many feel that he could be the next franchise player of the company.

Many people were disappointed with Jeff Jarrett's decision to pull out of the King Of The Mountain match at TNA Slammiversary. He has lost a lot of respect from his co-workers.

Robert Conway is now sporting a look similar to Buff Bagwell's.

Many feel that Raw Diva 2005 contestant Leyla's wardrobe malfunction was staged so that her popularity would rise.

It is expected that the WWE will produce another ECW show, but that would really depend on Paul Heyman, whose contract expires this year.

Sabu might not sign up with the WWE due to the fact that his body is so worn out that he might not be able to take the company's travel schedule.

Many ECW wrestlers who participated in the ECW One Night Stand PPV have not signed up with other wrestling circuits because they are waiting for offers from the WWE.

Hogan was recently interviewed by FHM. He ranted about the rules or "demandments" of dating his daughter Brooke. He even mentioned that he had Aaron Carter kicked out of his house because he acted like an ass in his house.

Shawn Michaels has been clamoring for a match against Hogan, thus his heel turn.

Big Vito has signed up with the WWE. It is expected that he'll work with Nunzio.

WWE fired several wrestlers because of a poor quarter earning. Another reason for the cuts is that they might lose over $10 million in advertising revenue for next year when they move from SpikeTV to the USA Network.

Rumor has it that they are also saving money for Brock Lesnar's return.

The Dudleys were released because they couldn't agree with the salary terms. They are now eyeing TNA or Japan's wrestling circuits.

Other reasons for the release include them losing leverage since trhey decided to take a rest, and when they decided to return, the WWE said that they no plans for them. Bubba Ray reportedly made some derogtory remarks about Stephanie McMahon because of the creative team's failure to have a storyline ready for them.

Dawn Marie was released because of her pregnancy.

Marty Jannetty was fired because of a domestic incident which landed him in jail.

Matt Morgan was fired because management felt that he lacked natural ability or enough promise to be a top draw in the roster.

Charlie Haas and Billy Kidman were fired because they both lacked charisma. Kidman's durability was also questioned, seeing that he has often been on the injured list.

Jackie Gayda reportedly kept on shooting her mouth off, which got her in trouble.

The morale of the remaining wrestlers in the WWE has hit rock bottom because of the many releases.

Brock Lesnar and Rena Mero aka Sable have no longer a couple.

WWE is planning to keep HHH of the air for the next few weeks because he has been overexposed.

Ring Of Honour is planning to recruit Rhyno.

Jim Cornette has been fired from the WWE due to a slapping incident in the OVW. It was reported that he slapped an OVW student 10-15 times in front of fans.

3 of the Undertaker's attackers in the recent SD! show were identified as Val Venis, Mike Knox (an OVW wrestler), and Todd Shane. The 4th attacker is still unknown.

Former ECW Tag Team Champions Danny Doring and Roadkill are in OVW.

Matt hardy was both saddened and relieved over Shannon Moore's departure from the WWE. He felt that Moore was underutilized. He hopes that Moore will go to TNA.

Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney might get a tryout match on Raw.

Edited by tamago
pagkatapos panoorin ang ecw, nasasayangan din talaga ako sa mga hardworkers na hindi nabibigay ng tv time tulad nga nila dudleys, rvd, tommy dreamer, al snow, psicosis, supercrazy, little guido, stevie richards, sandman.... tapos tinutulak sa fans mga katulad ni chris masters, orlando jones, bashams...

Orlando Jones? Di ba si Orlando Jordan yan?

A more mature Lesnar ready for return (part 1 of 2)

July 6, 2005

WWE fans have not seen Brock Lesnar since his WrestleMania XX match against Goldberg. Shortly afterwards, the former WWE Champion left the sports-entertainment world in favor of pursuing an NFL career. Today, however, Lesnar has confirmed that he is scheduled to meet with Vince McMahon tomorrow to talk about a possible return to the ring.

“I’m excited about getting my working boots on and getting back to business,” Lesnar told WWE.com during a phone interview earlier this afternoon.

While Lesnar is excited about a return to the ring, he realizes that nothing is definite. “I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow in the meeting,” said Lesnar. “I don’t know if I’m returning to WWE, I really don’t. In order for this to happen, it has to work for both Vince and myself.”

A return to WWE may come as a shock to some fans, as the Internet has been buzzing recently about the rumors of a strained relationship between Lesnar and McMahon. “We need to get on the same page,” admitted Lesnar, regarding their relationship. “There’s some hard feelings on both ends of this. Sometimes it takes a little time to heal. We’ll know more tomorrow.”

The former WWE Superstar admits that some of the responsibility rests on him. “I had some maturing to do. There comes a time in everybody’s life when you have to grow up,” said Lesnar. “But professional wrestling is in my blood. I may have second guessed it in the past, but I know it now.”

Brock Lesnar has agreed to an in-depth WWE.com interview when he arrives at WWE Headquarters later today (July 7). Be sure to check back then for what is promising to be a controversial conversation.

now, this is something to look forward to.

Though I must say that his Wrestlemania match against Goldberg is probably one of the worst matches in history, Lesnar could at least be a perfect counterpart/opponent of Batista - should he decide to go to SD.

now, this is something to look forward to.

Though I must say that his Wrestlemania match against Goldberg is probably one of the worst matches in history, Lesnar could at least be a perfect counterpart/opponent of Batista - should he decide to go to SD.

I agree, Batista is a monster and I believe that only Brock could match him power for power... :)

The JBL - Blue Meanie ECW controversy

ECW’s One Night Stand may have ended two weeks ago, but what took place in the middle of the ring during the successful pay-per-view’s closing moments is still quite a source of controversy.

During the wild brawl that closed the show, former ECW wrestler The Blue Meanie and SmackDown! Superstar JBL appeared to trade some heavy blows, with the 6-foot-6 JBL seemingly getting the better of the exchange.

Photos and witnesses later confirmed that JBL did a fair amount of damage to The Blue Meanie’s face, even opening up some stitches he had received just a day earlier.

The incident has since been one of the hot-button topics making the rounds on the Internet. WWE.com was able to track down JBL, Meanie and Paul Heyman to talk about the bizarre events of that night.

Outside sources have tried to interview JBL, but they declined after being asked to record the conversation. As a result, WWE.com has the first words from JBL on this topic.

“People don’t know my side of the story, so I’m glad WWE.com has given me a chance,” JBL said. “But I’m not sure who’ll believe me anyway. I’m really surprised at all the backlash and I wish I was never associated with this and that it never happened.”

Many Internet reports have indicated that JBL and Blue Meanie had some previous run-ins during Meanie’s stay with the company in 1998, 1999 and part of 2000, and that those problems are the genesis of the ECW incident.

“The incident with Meanie had nothing to do with any old heat, I don’t even know the guy,” JBL said. “I understand he worked here, but I don’t even remember working with him. I couldn’t care less about the fat little kid. “

Meanie, who worked with WWE from October 1998 to June 2000, finds it almost impossible that JBL doesn’t recall his time there.

“That’s BS, he remembers me,” Meanie said when reached at home by WWE.com. “From my first day to my last, JBL never liked me. Maybe it was because I wasn’t an All-American football player or because my body wasn’t chiseled from granite, but he had it in for me.

“I enjoyed my time at WWE, I loved the work and I got to see the world,” Meanie continued. “I liked everything about it except JBL. When I was fired I was actually happy I wouldn’t have to see him anymore, that’s how depressed he had me.”

Here’s JBL’s version of the final moments of the pay-per-view:

“Before the brawl at the end of the pay-per-view, he starts cutting a shoot promo on me, saying I’m the reason he got fired and the only reason I got where I am is because I CENSORED Vince McMahon’s CENSORED. I was incredulous,” JBL said. “I thought there’s no way he could really mean this. So I got to work with him at the end, and here we are trying to give the fans a great finish when we begin to lock horns in the melee. But he’s basically not even acknowledging my presence. Now I might have caught him snug with a shot, but then he starts throwing back heavy punches, including a body shot. So make no mistake, I club him back to make sure he knows I’m not playing, and I think I got him with a shot over the eye and one near the forehead and apparently opened him up a little.”

“Backstage I asked him if he wanted to finish it right then and there,” JBL continued. “He told me it’s all a show and that he didn’t want to fight. And he pretty much ran off.”

Meanie, as you might expect, had a much different view of what transpired.

“I was jaw-jacking with everyone, that was the whole point,” Meanie said. “The tape doesn’t lie. He went right for me and hit me when I wasn’t even looking. He even tried to pull my shirt over my face and have one of those hockey fights. He wanted a receipt for the things I’ve said about him.

Meanie is referring to old interviews on various Internet sites that quote Meanie calling JBL a “bully.”

“I tried to fend him off the best that I could, but at that point, I was also trying to protect the 14 staples I had in the back of my head from the night before,” Meanie added. “He’s a real big guy and there’s only so much I was able to do.”

JBL claims any accusations The Blue Meanie has made regarding JBL sabotaging his job with WWE are ludicrous.

“Apparently he blames me for getting him fired here,” JBL said. “I don’t have that kind of power, and even if I did, I wouldn’t use it on him. I really couldn’t give two sh**s about this guy. I don’t care if he ever wrestles again and I don’t care if he becomes a World Champion. Beating up the Blue Meanie doesn’t benefit me in any way. It just makes me look like a complete a**hole to attack this kid.”

For his part, Meanie is also trying to put the incident behind him.

“To me, it’s just really sad. JBL is supposed to be one of the top guys,” Meanie said. “He’s supposed to lead by example, not by fear.”

ECW head Paul Heyman, who you might remember had some harsh words himself for JBL during One Night Stand, certainly isn’t surprised at the amount of attention the incident as drawn over the past week.

“I'm not surprised the JBL-Blue Meanie incident is still generating so much buzz,” Heyman told WWE.com. “The top star on SmackDown!, a former WWE Champion, hit ECW's court jester with his best shots and couldn't knock him out? This is like The Sandman pounding on Howard Finkel and Howard walking away with some bumps and bruises.”

Furthermore, Heyman wouldn’t mind seeing both men settle their differences in the ring. In fact, Heyman wonders what WWE brass is waiting for?

“It's pretty amusing the SmackDown! brain trust hasn't capitalized on the interest in JBL and The Meanie and begged Vince McMahon to allow this match to take place on TV or pay-per-view,” Heyman said. “If they don't have the vision, ECW certainly does, and I'd welcome that match on any platform ECW is afforded. I even propose we allow the two to fight in the streets of New York City and broadcast on ECW.com! After failing to silence his harshest critic, I think it's on JBL to prove if there's anything but bullsh** behind the Wrath of the Wrestling

The Dudleys are no longer with WWE????

How sad. :(

I was so impressed pa naman with them during the ECW ONS :(

3D! 3D! 3D!

wow! MA is a wrestling fan??? :boo:

i would never have guessed!!!....

dami talaga facets ni MA... kakaaliw! hehehe :cool:

ako dati long time wrestling fan din... pero nowadays, di na ako makapanuod... i tried one time to watch pero di ko na kilala yung mga wrestlers... kakahilo na sa dami e!! :(

dr. love,

tama orlando jordan pala... hehehe.

------

lumabs na si matt hardy sa raw, at inattack niya si edge. nung nilabas siya ng security sinigaw niya na gagantihan niya si adam (copeland- real name ni edge) at gagawin niyang living hell ang buhay ni amy (dumas- lita) at pupunta siya sa ring of honour. sa website din ni matt may derogatory remarks din siya sa kanila at sa 'macmahon family'... mukhang ginagawa talaga nilang 'reality show' style ang angle na ito.