Running

daDJ

Who are the leaders sa TAKBO GROUP in MTC?

Jon Nava MTC... I dont know ang handle name nya... but dati he contacted me through FB... ewan ko kung may nangyari sa kanila...

Puro post sa fb na mtc... na may meet up run... inaabangan ko yun since last year... wala yata nangyari....

Baka pag ikaw nag organize... may outcome... :lol:

@Artedpro....

Just visited MSC today made 4km run in 22mins and 30 secs

then I went to Krun Thai Resto...

Ang sarap ng food lalo na fried chicken with bagoong rice... and tom yum soup too

Ayus! (talo ang bonchon chicken sa sarap... and talo rin ang max's):wub:

@Artedpro....

Just visited MSC today made 4km run in 22mins and 30 secs

then I went to Krun Thai Resto...

Ang sarap ng food lalo na fried chicken with bagoong rice... and tom yum soup too

Ayus! (talo ang bonchon chicken sa sarap... and talo rin ang max's):wub:

:) :) :)

feeling ko nga sumasama lang daughter ko in anticipation of the Krung Thai Resto tsibug...

do you have regular marathon activities? Where?

Wala akong balita.... but sa fb ng manila tonight they are planning for a meetup run...

Di ko alam kung matutuloy yun....

Regarding Krung Thai.... babalikan namin yun! hehehe

@Ppdd... Im still planning if we will join the Natgeo run.... pero baka 3k or 10k ako :wub:

My next run will be BDO on Mar 25.... di b ppdd takbo ka dun?! I'll text you and finally meet you :lol:

I'm a relatively new runner --- sama ako! :)

Hey yo! Dumadami na tayo dito.... Medyo nagiging active na yun thread...

Its a positive thing....

Well, yun sa fb page I have tried to contact the organizers... wala naman mangyari...

Sana dito meron...

Ppdd,? What you think...? St. Peter, Droidz, and Atrepod...wub.gif

We can meet up on a race... or on a practice run...

Basta tayo Ppdd... sa BDO magkikita ok....

@Turk -- yes bro. maski sa spa pde din meet hahaha

@Pinai -- welcome po lahat. join lng ng join :)

planning to join 16k sa Yakult 10 Miler

http://www.yakult.com.ph/images/news/yakult-10-miler-500X500-edit.gif

2nd day na ng claiming of BDO run singlets

The Race Kit will be available on:

Date / TimeSurname starts withLocation

March 16, 2012 (Friday)

3:00 PM - 5:00 PM(Q - Z)B1, Food Court, North Tower, BDO Corporate Center,

H.V. Dela Costa Street cor Makati Avenue, Makati City

March 17, 2012 (Saturday)

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM(I - P)B1, Food Court, North Tower, BDO Corporate Center,

March 18, 2012 (Sunday)

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM(A - H)B1, Food Court, North Tower, BDO Corporate Center,

Please bring your Confirmation Letter and Proof of Payment / Deposit Slip.

**syet baka nde ako umabot.. upto 5pm lang pala.. makapunta na nga

Edited by ppdd

Registered in BDO since i like the singlet design but am not sure if am gonna run on race day since i don't like the venue : MOA. The terrain/elevation is not as challenging as Global city or near ULTRA in Pasig and i hate the short turns. The fact also that it's way farther for me to commute or ride the taxi does not help its case. But am definitely gonna claim my singlet tomorrow in Makati tongue.gif

Mukhang drawing lang yong group sa FB, baka mas realistic pa kung dito cguro pag-usapan.

Edited by Droidz1979

just checked out the natgeo run link. these races are getting expensive! and the race routes at the fort and moa are becoming a bit humdrum. any feedback on lesser-known running events would be nice. has anyone raced in marikina? seems there are events there every weekend when i check takbo.ph

Tried to race at Marikina twice.... Fugosian run and Philippine Water run

350 and 200 entry fee respectively.... nice run but both without hydration on 3k and 5k run...

no loot bag... but the fugosian have singlet

:ninja:

just checked out the natgeo run link. these races are getting expensive! and the race routes at the fort and moa are becoming a bit humdrum. any feedback on lesser-known running events would be nice. has anyone raced in marikina? seems there are events there every weekend when i check takbo.ph

That depends on what your expectations are in joining races. Ran in Marikina thrice already a couple of years ago and i personally don't like it (venue are twice in the city proper and the other one at Marikina riverbanks). Yes the registration was cheap, but the singlet sucks, barely had hydration corner/s, not much freebies (guess it ain't free with the fee you need to shell out) and the terrain is not challenging enough. I guess run's in UP Diliman or the one sponsored by Pasig City would qualify into this category better, not so expensive registration fee, challenging terrain and you could get lucky at times if it had a decent sponsor then you could get a good singlet out of it (sa Pasig run ay wag ka nang umasa for it though) . You could also try the Mt. Makiling run in UPLB or Subic which i haven't tried myself yet but i've been here before so I know the race route will be challenging. So far a run in Ayala techno-park in Cebu pa lang "technically" nasamahan ko. cool.gif

That depends on what your expectations are in joining races. Ran in Marikina thrice already a couple of years ago and i personally don't like it (venue are twice in the city proper and the other one at Marikina riverbanks). Yes the registration was cheap, but the singlet sucks, barely had hydration corner/s, not much freebies (guess it ain't free with the fee you need to shell out) and the terrain is not challenging enough. I guess run's in UP Diliman or the one sponsored by Pasig City would qualify into this category better, not so expensive registration fee, challenging terrain and you could get lucky at times if it had a decent sponsor then you could get a good singlet out of it (sa Pasig run ay wag ka nang umasa for it though) . You could also try the Mt. Makiling run in UPLB or Subic which i haven't tried myself yet but i've been here before so I know the race route will be challenging. So far a run in Ayala techno-park in Cebu pa lang "technically" nasamahan ko. cool.gif

thanks, that's real helpful. i might not try the marikina races then.

i've tried running races in up and ateneo, some were pretty good, almost always well-organized and you can't complain about the terrain which is always refreshing compared to moa or the fort. the nice thing about the fort is that runners abound, and there's safety and a feeling of community in that. i've run in subic in the dead of summer and the heat is just oppressive even at 6am, but the subic track oval is nice. i've run in colder climes and it hurt my lungs to take in the brisk air, but the sights were always worth it. you're right, just depends on what you want out of a run.

thanks, that's real helpful. i might not try the marikina races then.

i've tried running races in up and ateneo, some were pretty good, almost always well-organized and you can't complain about the terrain which is always refreshing compared to moa or the fort. the nice thing about the fort is that runners abound, and there's safety and a feeling of community in that. i've run in subic in the dead of summer and the heat is just oppressive even at 6am, but the subic track oval is nice. i've run in colder climes and it hurt my lungs to take in the brisk air, but the sights were always worth it. you're right, just depends on what you want out of a run.

Ran in a near winter climate (Autumn?) myself and i did not like the feeling. It was too cold even if the sights were awesome and you could barely break a sweat even though you've exerted that much effort already. In the Middle East naman its the exact opposite coz its too damn hot so i guess we should all be thankful for the weather that we have here in our country. As the expression goes, tama lang sya rolleyes.gif

Got my singlet for the BDO run, the design is awesome but diko ganun ka-trip yong material or cloth. No wonder mahal sa new balance or nike run or adidas, iba yong quality ng singlet eh. Haven't made up my mind though if i'd run in MOA over the weekend since mas gusto ko pa din ata ituloy yong antipolo run ko. I was near Antipolo simbahan na, junction/intersection between Tikling, Teresa and Antipolo when i have to stop as my heel was killing me after trying a new shoe that barely had sole protection. I guess barefoot running ain't for me then coz the shoe somehow felt like one and the moral lesson was to not try out a new shoe and a new route at the same time tongue.gif

Edited by Droidz1979

Ran for the BDO Run for Life 2012 yesterday

time (unofficial): 1hr 12mins 40secs+

-start time was moved. maaraw na nung matapos yung race.

-hydration stations naubusan ng pocari. grrrr!!! sana na-anticipate na nila.

-parang ang konti ng marshalls. and nde sila nagchi-cheer sa mga runners :(

-haba ng pila for pocari (after the run). i know they only want to make it orderly pero the line was loooong. sana ginawa man lang sana 2 lines

-shirt was great! kaso parang suman fit sakin haha

afterwards, i was able to meet up with bro Turk and his lovely wife (nice to meet you bro!)

i hope the other members will join the runs so we could meet u as well ^_^

so anu next run? Earth Run? :) (mahal kasi natgeo haha)

420524_349411351766813_337647392943209_974146_638459561_n.jpg

Edited by ppdd

Ran for the BDO Run for Life 2012 yesterday

time (unofficial): 1hr 12mins 40secs+

-start time was moved. maaraw na nung matapos yung race.

-hydration stations naubusan ng pocari. grrrr!!! sana na-anticipate na nila.

-parang ang konti ng marshalls. and nde sila nagchi-cheer sa mga runners :(

-haba ng pila for pocari (after the run). i know they only want to make it orderly pero the line was loooong. sana ginawa man lang sana 2 lines

-shirt was great! kaso parang suman fit sakin haha

afterwards, i was able to meet up with bro Turk and his lovely wife (nice to meet you bro!)

i hope the other members will join the runs so we could meet u as well ^_^

so anu next run? Earth Run? :) (mahal kasi natgeo haha)

420524_349411351766813_337647392943209_974146_638459561_n.jpg

Nice to meet you bro!

Well pag iisipan ko pa kung kelan ulit tatakbo.... kasi pag tumakbo ako kasama wife ko eh... double entry fee!

Well, the BDO run is not great compare to other races... but still fulifilling kasi I got a medal for being top 100....

push pa ng kaunti .... at sana mas gumanda pa time natin!

Sa ibang MTC runners... me and ppdd have met... and its good start... we traded numbers... atleast kahit paano nagkasama kami...

See you next time and hopefully others will come also with us RUNNING!;)