Tabletop Roleplaying Games

DARKSEED

Just visited after such a long time, and was surprised to find people interested in WH40K-RPG.

I am currently running an active campaign for the above system....had a rough start since I came from d&d myself (1st through 4th ed.) and that the system bears no similarity to which (albeit I have tried WHFRP long since....but, I'm already going besides myself), but anybody interested is welcome to join in. We do both face-to-face sessions and online gaming (via PBP and maptools-supported VT-RPG).

If interested (to any), please check out the following sites:

Dark Millenium: WH40K-RP

Warhammer FRP: Age of Reckoning

PATHFINDER Society Grand Lodge

Dungeoneers and Dragonslayer 4e

Edited by demonic tutor

Guys, check this out, from Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 3:

Bestiary‎ > ‎Monster Listings‎ > ‎Undead‎ > ‎

Manananggal

This disembodied female torso flaps through the air on batlike wings, her fanged face a hateful mask.

Manananggal CR 7

XP 3,200

CE Medium undead

Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +16

DEFENSE

AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 16 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge, +6 natural)

hp 85 (10d8+40)

Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +10

DR 10/good or silver; Immune undead traits

Weaknesses light sensitivity, vulnerable to light blades

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., fly 100 ft. (good)

Melee bite +11 (1d8+4), 2 claws +12 (1d8+4 plus grab)

Special Attacks blood drain (1d2 Constitution)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th; concentration +13)

At will—bleed (DC 14), dancing lights, touch of fatigue (DC 14)

3/day—darkness, deep slumber (DC 17), fear (DC 18)

STATISTICS

Str 19, Dex 17, Con —, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 19

Base Atk +7; CMB +11 (+15 grapple); CMD 25

Feats Deceitful, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Focus (claws)

Skills Bluff +18, Disguise +21, Fly +16, Knowledge (religion) +11, Perception +16, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +6

Languages Abyssal, Common

SQ separate

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Separate (Su)

During the day, a manananggal looks like a living human woman. She does not detect as undead during the day, but is still an undead creature. At night, her upper torso rips away (this is a full round action that occurs at sunset), leaving her lower torso behind. Her lower torso is helpless, but her upper torso gains its fly speed and natural attacks at this time. The upper and lower portions share the same pool of hit points (despite any intervening distance), and if the helpless lower portion is damaged, the manananggal is immediately aware of the attack. Since manananggals can be destroyed by damage to their lower bodies, they prefer to hide their lower torsos when separated. A manananggal must return to its lower torso and reattach to it (a full-round action) within the hour before sunrise—each round a manananggal remains separated after sunrise, it takes 1d6 points of damage until it rejoins its lower torso or it crumbles into dust.

Vulnerable to Light Blades (Ex)

Light blades (such as daggers, kamas, kukris, rapiers, short swords, sickles, and starknives) deal double the weapon's base damage on a successful hit against a manananggal.

[This content was created for the Pathfinder rules by Paizo Publishing LLC and is part of the Pathfinder RPG product line.]

ECOLOGY

Environment any land

Organization solitary or pack (2-6)

Treasure standard

Horrid undead, manananggals walk among the living by day and prey upon them at night. These creatures delight in spreading fear and distrust. By day, they tend to stay inside because of their light sensitivity. They mask this odd behavior by either living just outside villages as reclusive hermits or by obtaining roles within the community that explain away or justify their eccentricities. Manananggals pass themselves off as normal people, usually posing as mad old women, midwives, hedge witches, or mystics. This allows the undead creatures to select their prey from within the community. Manananggals particularly enjoy feeding upon pregnant women, targeting them in their sleep so the undead may feast on the blood of both mothers and the children they carry. These foul creatures drain blood via their long, black, hollow tongues. Manananggals despise the scent of garlic and strong spices like cloves and anise. As they fly through the night, manananggals make a ticking or clicking sound, leading some villagers to call the creatures "tik-tiks." Once separated, a manananggal's mobile torso has a 6-foot wingspan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've been looking to running a couple scenarios for a few friends and was wondering if anyone can suggest a simple hack and slash system and/or module? The last time I ran a game was way back with the BECMI (Mentzer) D&D rules (early 90s) and those games were heavily house ruled. I'm currently eyeing Savage Worlds and Dungeon Squad and those do look suitable for my purpose, but was wondering if anyone knows of anyother simple rules (with the same DIY room for expanion of basic D&D) that an oldie like me could run. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello, I've been looking to running a couple scenarios for a few friends and was wondering if anyone can suggest a simple hack and slash system and/or module? The last time I ran a game was way back with the BECMI (Mentzer) D&D rules (early 90s) and those games were heavily house ruled. I'm currently eyeing Savage Worlds and Dungeon Squad and those do look suitable for my purpose, but was wondering if anyone knows of anyother simple rules (with the same DIY room for expanion of basic D&D) that an oldie like me could run. Thanks!

try the 4th ed and 5th ed versions of D&D. too hack and slash for my taste. transferred my group to Pathfinder RPG myself. you could also look up the old 3.5 ed rules, as these are in open game license format and could be downloaded for free, sans D&D specific creatures and art.....

para sa mga nakaka miss ng RPG sessions nila at wala na talagang time for long campaigns. Meron ngayon mga boardgame ng DnD. Yun Legend of Drizzt, Ravenloft and Ashardalon. Hanapin niyo lang sa hobby shop. Maganda rin ang laro nito, parang DnD na paper and pen, pero set na yun storya, and random ang encounters. and walang commitment to a long multi session campaign.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I was growing up, I didn't have a psp, xbox, iPads and the like. I used my imagination to be my "game" and that's how I got hooked playing ^_^

I played everything from D&D, AD&D, GURPS, Marvel, DC, Top Secret S.I, TMNT, Gamma World, Battletech, Mech Warrior, Mage the Ascension etc.

Was a hardcore player, doing GM/DM roles or just being part of a party. Those were the good ole days ;)

I was such a nerd during those day and I just let my freak flag fly :lol:

try the 4th ed and 5th ed versions of D&D. too hack and slash for my taste. transferred my group to Pathfinder RPG myself. you could also look up the old 3.5 ed rules, as these are in open game license format and could be downloaded for free, sans D&D specific creatures and art.....

2nd ed AD&D for me. Was never a fan of the changes WOTC did to the system.

Edited by Randerthall