Grade Mo Sa Ncee?

• 2 weeks later...
99+ din po. I think that's the highest grade possible kasi it's percentile based (computed versus the number of examinees in the Philippines)

Er... Sorry, I don't think this is the case...

The percentile ranking is based on ALL the people who have taken the exam, not just one batch...

Think about it, if there were 100 examinees in a given year, the perfect score was 100, here's the breakdown of percentile ranking...

10 who made 10 mistakes (raw score 90) would be 10th percentile (they would be lower than the 90% who took the exam that year)

10 who made 9 mistakes (raw score 91) would be 20th percentile

10 who made 8 mistakes (raw score 92) would be 30th percentile

so on until

10 who made no mistakes (raw score 100) would be 90th percentile (they would be higher than 90% of the population who took the exam that year)

Now, think about it the opposite way, 100 exminees in a given year...

10 who made 1 correct answer would be 10th percentile

10 who made 2 correct answers would be 20th percentile

10 who made 3 correct answers would be 30th percentile

etc... until

10 who made 10 correct answers (out of a total of 100 points) would be in the 90th percentile, meaning, they would be higher than 90% of the population who took the exam...

If you just base it on the people who took the exam, it would not be reliable and would not be valid... Exams that release percentile scoring are based on the TOTAL population who have taken the exam...

:)

Oh, I got a 99+ too...

:)

• 2 weeks later...