Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

• 2 weeks later...
unti unti nawawala mga card fanatics dito ah ... ?? tahimik na ng thread :( :cry:

Well, the season has yet to start, bro.. Much like any other NBA fan, card fanatics also rest during the off-season.. hahaha.. The newest release is (I think) Ultra.. Pretty expensive.. I think the hype of Durant and Oden is really making the card prices of several products soar, coz the card companies are also trying to profit from this "hype.."

I expect that this season's rookies would push the hardcore collectors again to the brink.. Even with the sudden "disappearance" of Greg Oden, this season's batch of rookies has POTENTIAL written all over their foreheads..

The Exquisite and UD Chornology are still making waves in e-bay.. Both releases deliver the "hot" items in the secondary market, as of today.. Vintage autograph seekers are just going crazy over UD Chronology autographs of vintage players, and coaches..

For new releases.. just check attyball23's auctions in e-bay from time to time..

Edited by revi

Yes its too quiet nga. I haven't seen the other collectors on this thread in a long time. Well, pre-season is just a few weeks away.

As for bball cards, the newest issue is Upper Deck game used. We opened 12 cases with another 10 cases on the way. It should be already on display at VMall and Megamall by this afternoon. A lot of great jerseys and autos.

The higher end ones should be on Attyball23 on ebay by tomorrow or thursday.

I'm still expecting 15 cases of Exquisite and 5 cases of Chronology within the next two weeks.

Topps elevation and UD artifacts should be released by next week in the US.

Revi, call me for your request...

Yes its too quiet nga. I haven't seen the other collectors on this thread in a long time. Well, pre-season is just a few weeks away.

As for bball cards, the newest issue is Upper Deck game used. We opened 12 cases with another 10 cases on the way. It should be already on display at VMall and Megamall by this afternoon. A lot of great jerseys and autos.

The higher end ones should be on Attyball23 on ebay by tomorrow or thursday.

I'm still expecting 15 cases of Exquisite and 5 cases of Chronology within the next two weeks.

Topps elevation and UD artifacts should be released by next week in the US.

Revi, call me for your request...

can you show me your link on ebay (attyball23)... want to buy cards thanks

Its been a pretty scary off-season for collectors. Some topics I read in some international collectors message boards.

1. Some rushed and error cards are coming out of Upper deck at a alarming rate. I.E. Wrong patch uniform, un-cut patch window and so on...

2. International collectors are questioning whether Upperdeck really verifies the autos of its players. "This card was sent directly from blah blah...to Upperdeck..." Meaning no official witness like topps. Kinda makes you wonder kung bakit hirap topps in obtaining in-card autos.

3. Scariest of all. A collecting site was recently taken off because it showed viewers how to "improve" the looks of GU cards. So they can sell at a higher premium in ebay. Nothing is sacred. I saw A lebron exquisite rc auto being upgraded with a 3 color patch inserted on the spaces between the jersey and the cover card board. Same with Jordan GU's and alot of other high end stuff.

So, yeah just buy from reputable sellers you really know like atty23ball and Vertu. You can be assured it is the real thing.

Its been a pretty scary off-season for collectors. Some topics I read in some international collectors message boards.

1. Some rushed and error cards are coming out of Upper deck at a alarming rate. I.E. Wrong patch uniform, un-cut patch window and so on...

2. International collectors are questioning whether Upperdeck really verifies the autos of its players. "This card was sent directly from blah blah...to Upperdeck..." Meaning no official witness like topps. Kinda makes you wonder kung bakit hirap topps in obtaining in-card autos.

3. Scariest of all. A collecting site was recently taken off because it showed viewers how to "improve" the looks of GU cards. So they can sell at a higher premium in ebay. Nothing is sacred. I saw A lebron exquisite rc auto being upgraded with a 3 color patch inserted on the spaces between the jersey and the cover card board. Same with Jordan GU's and alot of other high end stuff.

So, yeah just buy from reputable sellers you really know like atty23ball and Vertu. You can be assured it is the real thing.

Yeah, really scary!

atty23ball and Vertu is the same person right?

In a way yes. We are a group that open the cases.

I purchase all the cases, attyball23 dispenses and deals with all ebay related transactions

My partner (edsel) handles all local transactions via our store in Megamall and V-mall plus those direct buyers/ collectors

I don't or very, very rarely deal directly with buyers or collectors.

I'm purely for the love of the hobby and the thrill of getting chase cards.

For those who don't know or who are curious, i only collect high end lebron and jordans. Plus exquisite cards that i may fancy when we open.

I hope that everyone who continue to enjoy the hobby.

Used to collect NBA cards in high school. Naoutgrow ko na lang.

Hmmm.. I know you meant no offense.. But "outgrow?" Parang NBA card collecting are for kids ah.. Sports cards are expensive.. Gone are the days of inexpensive packs such as UD Collector's Choice.. Packs now are really very expensive.. Exquisite alone could make you vomit blood.. Coz a pack costs around Php45-50K.. And I don't think a kid without a stable income could really afford this hobby..

You might get surprised to see very established persons that collect cards.. Owners of certain companies or big time employees (VP's etc.)..

I don't resent the above post.. Its just that I want to clarify things.. That this hobby is for grown ups and not for kids.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Attyball23 has new stocks in his e-bay room.. Better check them out before supplies last.. hehehe.. :lol:

Edited by revi