Where Else Can You Go Dancing Nowadays?

My personal favorite is Prince of Jaipur. It's the home of crunk and krump battles. (Yes, I refuse to use WAS because I'm still hoping that it'll re-open soon). Next on my list are Encore, Ascend, and Bureau (in that order). Other clubs like Fuel, Hierarchy, Empire, Manor, and LAX are okay. But they seem to lack something.

I used to frequent Alchemy back in oh-seven. Now, that place just looks really "sad" from outside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Icon Bar at Intercon hotel makati. The crowd is classy, super ganda ng sound system (THE BEST sa lahat ng napuntahan ko)...house music :thumbsupsmiley: Excellent laser lights :hypocritesmiley:..... Dolce at Timog is also a good choice, music is mix of House and R&B, not siksikan, ambiance is above average..... Manor-sakit sa paa kung walang VIP reservation, Guillys-too crowded :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by pretty_ems
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i noticed among the party people of today that there seems to be an obsession with "guest lists"...napansin ko lang yung trend...back when i was still very active in clubbing and discos (6 to 7 years ago), guest lists were really a privilege...every Friday, there would be this really long line outside a bar along Makati Avenue (which would include us most of the time)...sometimes, our friend would arrive and he would talk to some staff and they would pull us out of the line and get us in one by one...the so-called guest list back then was really small...not counting the celebrities (mostly PBA players) who could get inside the bar anytime they wanted, the ordinary people who could get inside without the cover charge were really few...

but now, it seems that every one is in the guest list...its a very common sight to see a longer line of people towards the free entrance side...the trend now is to be in the guest list or else you are not "cool" (sorry for the prehistoric word)...ironically, the prices of the bars i used to go to 7 years ago are the same as the "chic" bars of today...i guess dumadami lang siguro ang nakikilala or gustong magpakilala sa party scene...nowadays whenever i reminisce and go to these joints, i mostly pay the entrance (wala na talaga ako kilala e)...hehehe...may advantages din pala kahit papaano...sometimes, the line is shorter and you get to drink whatever entrance drinks the club offers...

i wonder...doesn't management think na nalulugi sila because of all these guest lists...

Edited by mhengh
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Icon Bar at Intercon hotel makati. The crowd is classy, super ganda ng sound system (THE BEST sa lahat ng napuntahan ko)...house music :thumbsupsmiley: Excellent laser lights :hypocritesmiley:..... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Stay away from Icon on Thursdays. The girls are a bit manly but if your into that stuff then go for it lol.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...