What Do You Remember After A Break-up?

Let me share one more thing I learned

Sometimes to let go of the past, you really have to let go of all the memories as well. Good and bad. I mean good memories are nice, but at a time when you are trying to put things behind you, clinging on the good times may just make it difficult for you to focus on the future. I made a decision that I will really let go of everything, so that I may focus on creating better memories than those that I will leave behind in the past.

Sometimes to let go of the past, you really have to let go of all the memories as well. Good and bad. I mean good memories are nice, but at a time when you are trying to put things behind you, clinging on the good times may just make it difficult for you to focus on the future. I made a decision that I will really let go of everything, so that I may focus on creating better memories than those that I will leave behind in the past.

well said sir edmund dantes

I remember being sad but yet relieved like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I was sad for awhile but i felt free to do whatever i wanted to do that my ex gf was holding me back from doing what i wanted to do. I remember traveling to many places, meeting up with old friends and catching up til late at night.Free to look at and flirt with other girls. It was fun being a bachelor again. It was the best move and decision ever.

Well said! This is the best advice for everyone to keep in mind after a break up and moving on. Simple words yet effective.

My last break up? It's the best thing that had happened to me. If not for that break up, I wouldn't have met my God's best, my best friend, gf, wife, all rolled into 1. We are celebrating our 4th year wedding anniversary on the 18th.

Congrats parekoy, Hehehe

Kakainggit naman. Sana balang araw masabi ko din yan. Para naman naging sulit lahat ng sakit na pinagdaanan ko.

Pero sa ngayon siguro hindi pa tayo handa umibig ulit. Mas gusto na lang natin muna maging masaya magisa. Kelangan din naman natin matutunan mahalin ang sarili natin.

Pero di nga, ang swerte mo.

Congrats parekoy, Hehehe

Kakainggit naman. Sana balang araw masabi ko din yan. Para naman naging sulit lahat ng sakit na pinagdaanan ko.

Pero sa ngayon siguro hindi pa tayo handa umibig ulit. Mas gusto na lang natin muna maging masaya magisa. Kelangan din naman natin matutunan mahalin ang sarili natin.

Pero di nga, ang swerte mo.

Thanks dear sir.

I am pretty sure that most, if not all of us went through heartaches.

The thing I have learned is, like any kind of wounds, it needs time to heal, even if you patch it up, bandage it, the wound is still there, and sometimes can leave a scar. You are no longer hurt, but a remembrance is there. We all learn from these heartaches.

I agree, kelangan mahalin din natin sarili natin. Pero ma advice ko, if you are single, develop that relationship with the Lord, and at the right time (His Time), He will bring you your rightful partner.

Bible says, Man should not live alone, and He, God, will make a partner suitable for him. Key word is suitable. What suits me, might not suit you. :-) it only means, may tamang partner para sa iyo. Aanhin mo yung Mala model like na babae or ala miss Universe, eh kung puro sakit sa puso lang bigay sayo. Dun ka nalang sa partner na bibigay ni God, masaya ka pa.

• 3 weeks later...

Plans

Yeah me too. Ang daming nasayang. Nung una nakakahinayang. Parang ang hirap magumpisa ulit. Di mo alam kung ano gagawin mo.

But when I learned the art of emotional independence, I began to realize that I can still make plans to have a good future. Not necessarily with someone else, but with myself and for myself. Masaya nga eh. This time you are completely in control of your decisions. I prioritize no one and nothing but myself. I do whats good for me, when I want it. I know it seems a little selfish, pero ganun talaga. We have to sometimes. Kelangan magplano tayo para sa sarili natin. Ang lagay, sila lang ba ang may karapatan sumaya?

• 4 weeks later...

It was the first time I got to ride in his car. After our dinner, he took me home. And while he was driving, he wouldn't let go of my hand. He'd put it on the gear shift so that he's still holding it even while driving. I was smiling while he's at it, coz that gave me the impression too that he has a sweet side.

And after that, those rides we had. He was driving and I would put my hand on his nape and play with his hair, caress his cheek.l and lovingly gaze at him. Sometimes I'd slip my hand under the gear shift. Its all natural when we're together while he's driving...