• 4 weeks later...

Binondo Chicken Classics

Sincerity Fried Chicken

Savory Fried Chicken

Popey's Mutsarap Chicken

Terry's Lemon Chicken

Savory's Sze Chuan Chicken ( super spicylicious)

Fast Food Classics

Jollibee

KFC

polo loco

Others

Price Smart Chicken ( sarap )

Davao's Lechon Manok ( di oily )

BAcolod Inasal

Binondo Chicken Classics

Sincerity Fried Chicken

Savory Fried Chicken

Popey's Mutsarap Chicken

Terry's Lemon Chicken

Savory's Sze Chuan Chicken ( super spicylicious)

Fast Food Classics

Jollibee

KFC

polo loco

Others

Price Smart Chicken ( sarap )

Davao's Lechon Manok ( di oily )

BAcolod Inasal

was able to come up with something similar to sincerity. marinade chicken overnight in soy sauce, some sugar, garlic, a little some vinegar, a pinch of baking powder and cornstarch. then fry directly chilled.

i personally prefer the buttered chicken of terry's than sincerity. the advantage of sincerity is its location near ongpin. the only problem with terry's is they just have take out.

tried savory and they have lost the taste. word has it that the patriarch has left for the states and the sons have not perfected the taste yet.

as for the popeye or mutsarap, its total neglect that caused its downfall. ther was a time when they went toe to toe with savory and they were the big 2 in fried chicken

i agree. kfc tops the list on the local scene in terms of value.

however there are other places to go ...

1. lechon manok of CAGAYAN DE ORO is defintely the JUICIEST, BEST IN THE WORLD...!!!!

try the KING ROYS and MANUKAN NI SENOR PEDRO THERE. Its laced with garlic, onions, lemon grass, etc.. its really different. even the meat without sauce is TO DIE FOR...

2. cornish chicken in MANILA HOTEL (fine dining) its great too but obviously expensive (around 500 i think)

i dont know about cagayan de oro but i tried the manukan san pedro in manila and it doesnt taste good. andok's is definitely way ahead of them.

Try nyo to - bagoong fried chicken

marinate 1 chicken overnight, chopped into 10-12 pieces with 1-2 tsp hong kong/thai or vietnamese bagoong (its very fine ground shrimp bagoong. cheap lang, but not so easy to find, you can not use alamang), 1 tsp five spice powder, 1 beaten egg, salt, pepper, 1 tsp sugar. Coat w flour, shake off excess, and deep fry.

Try nyo to - bagoong fried chicken

marinate 1 chicken overnight, chopped into 10-12 pieces with 1-2 tsp hong kong/thai or vietnamese bagoong (its very fine ground shrimp bagoong. cheap lang, but not so easy to find, you can not use alamang), 1 tsp five spice powder, 1 beaten egg, salt, pepper, 1 tsp sugar. Coat w flour, shake off excess, and deep fry.

i think that is a variation of okiam chicken which uses okiam, which can be bought in ongpin groceries in square bottles. just use the sauce and leave the tofu.

i dont know about cagayan de oro but i tried the manukan san pedro in manila and it doesnt taste good.  andok's is definitely way ahead of them.

i have to correct myself. what i actually bought was bok's beside andoks at bambang. shame on them for destroying my image of lechon manok. triple that with how they copied the white/red/black theme of senor pedro and the name resemblance to andok's. i give bok's 5 thumbs downs

• 2 weeks later...