Retirement In Manila

• 2 weeks later...

A townhouse now costs about that much though there are units going above and beyond the Php40M range.

Even the big cut condos costs Php35M.

It's better to have more money for retirement (as in liquid) than in hard assets when retired. To each his/her own though. But yeah, if one has money to burn go with the flow but to retire in Manila (which I take to mean as Philippines), one can find good 2 bedroom condos for Php5M.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

kasi naman, 10m is not enough, 25M is not enough, so what is enough? are we saying na hindi na lang talaga tayo mag reretire?

it's true, condo and townhouse cost a lot, but think of it this way, you are retiring, you want to live a good life, why would you buy a 35M apartment? for what? you can easily rent a 1br condo, or rent a house in the province for 10k,. then the rest enjoy life na lang. I mean, you have about 30years to live, live it to the fullest, just make sure you have insurance covered when you were still working, house that you already paid off, then 10M (that would generate a decent low risk income), should be more than enough in my opinion.

enough with the BS 25M wont get you much. c'mon!

Edited by BB8_RETIRED

kasi naman, 10m is not enough, 25M is not enough, so what is enough? are we saying na hindi na lang talaga tayo mag reretire?

it's true, condo and townhouse cost a lot, but think of it this way, you are retiring, you want to live a good life, why would you buy a 35M apartment? for what? you can easily rent a 1br condo, or rent a house in the province for 10k,. then the rest enjoy life na lang. I mean, you have about 30years to live, live it to the fullest, just make sure you have insurance covered when you were still working, house that you already paid off, then 10M (that would generate a decent low risk income), should be more than enough in my opinion.

enough with the BS 25M wont get you much. c'mon!

Edited by BB8_RETIRED
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd retire to any place that has a stable high speed internet connection available. This keeps my social life intact, and my needs met.

... By needs, I meant that I could keep doing some form of light freelance work going even during retirement. Hahaha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was pretty close to retiring during crypto's boom, maybe in the future.

Personally I think 30-50k a month would be enough. This includes rent. If I'll be retired, I'd prefer being able to move whenever I feel like it, including outside the country. Houses I own would be rented out. The number could be more or less though, I still plan on doing things as a side gig, whether it is to earn extra income or learn new things. Do keep in mind that this is the number I would need for the next few decades of my life. It would include investments to combat inflation as I'll probably be around for 50+ years. Also if I'd start a family I'd have to take that into account and probably get a part time job of some sort which shouldn't be too hard just to keep myself busy.

To earn this I'd probably need 10M. Then I can take things slow and think about my next steps and maybe pursue something that interests me.

Edited by Hambone

I was pretty close to retiring during crypto's boom, maybe in the future.

Personally I think 30-50k a month would be enough. This includes rent. If I'll be retired, I'd prefer being able to move whenever I feel like it, including outside the country. Houses I own would be rented out. The number could be more or less though, I still plan on doing things as a side gig, whether it is to earn extra income or learn new things. Do keep in mind that this is the number I would need for the next few decades of my life. It would include investments to combat inflation as I'll probably be around for 50+ years. Also if I'd start a family I'd have to take that into account and probably get a part time job of some sort which shouldn't be too hard just to keep myself busy.

To earn this I'd probably need 10M. Then I can take things slow and think about my next steps and maybe pursue something that interests me.

Agree!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...