Best Place to Drink (Merged threads)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
my friends and i recently rediscovered NIPA HUT in Pasig...still the same old great view...here are a couple of suggestions for improving the place...

update the playlist - they were playing New Wave and hip hop songs alternately...New Wave is ok but their hip hop songs were pretty outdated...e.g. Coz i got high by Afroman...

change the tables and seats - parang kinakalawang na yung mga upuan at lamesa...

what time nag co-close ang nipa hut? 24 hrs ba ito?

I can recommend 2 places in the Katipunan-Libis area that are nice to chill-out at:

1. CS Place - (near Banapple, Northbound to Ateneo) this is the spin-off bar of the Countryside BBQ (beside Kopi Roti cafe) in which the owners of both establishments are actually one. They have San Miguel Premium at 50 bucks, beers that are below zero, and the pulutan has the same good quality of the restaurant. Great service, too. Best part is, there's a resident DJ that spins just good music (for the yuppy crowd). No slackers and stupid, feeling cool kids you usually see at Eastwood, etc.

2. Grilla - (beside Old Spaghetti House) weird that I have passed by this place for years and years going to work, yet I had never tried drinking or eating there once. When I did get to have a chance 3 months ago, I wish I could have gone to that place more. BBZ's, nice ambiance, cool music, too. Plus, most of the guys who hang-out there are yuppies, working professionals, etc.

For people in the Makati/Pasong Tamo area:

1. 121 Allegro - (at Pasong Tamo Extension, Allegro building, above Starbucks) this place rocks in a way that it has very affordable beer and yummy food, imported beer products (Stela, etc.), and the people are just good vibes all the way. The owners talk to you personally, take pictures of partygoers, and they have theme nights to make it more fun (Tuesdays are quiz nights, Thursdays are Drinkeoke nights where they invite band members of different popular groups!).

2. Chunky Boy - (at the back of Export Bank Building, Chino Roces corner Buendia Ave.) this hole-in-the-wall bar is a popular hang-out for office-goers in the nearby buildings, but for its lack of classy ambiance and being widely open to the general mass, it makes up for its mean cheap beer, good food and cheap, by-the pitcher margaritas and good mix of mango martinis. My condo was near Chunky's before, and I nearly made a weekly habit of it. And the catch is, I really don't drink! It only means that it can be a fun place. :)

we got a new fave drinking bar in metrowalk, GRILL REPUBLIC , beside mugen.

cheap booze, ambiance is ok , though i love sitting by the bar medyo close na kami ng bar tender dun, kaya may mga free drinks na din after few hours of hanging out there, friendly pa ang staff.

we got a new fave drinking bar in metrowalk, GRILL REPUBLIC , beside mugen.

cheap booze, ambiance is ok , though i love sitting by the bar medyo close na kami ng bar tender dun, kaya may mga free drinks na din after few hours of hanging out there, friendly pa ang staff.

ok din sa yuhooo... sa taas nila.. maybe we can hang out there together sometime ? what you think ? :)

• 3 weeks later...

was coming home from the airport one time with my dad, he took a short cut & we winded up in oroqieta street in manila... as we passed by, i happened to spot a bar, a nice looking one, which was unusual for its location & it was built in one of those old houses... any information on the name, type of crowd, reviews about this place?

Edited by resident_big_evil

was coming home from the airport one time with my dad, he took a short cut & we winded up in oroqieta street in manila... as we passed by, i happened to spot a bar, a nice looking one, which was unusual for its location & it was built in one of those old houses... any information on the name, type of crowd, reviews about this place?

[/quot

PANULUKAN and in front this is POLITIKO, at Oroqueta cor Quiricada Sts., sta. Cruz. Manila