Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

hello good day to all...just would like to ask tips regarding ir photog... hmm im currently using an old slr.. im planning to get the haida 52mm ir filter and the ilford bnw sfx200 film... any pointers masters? i know its quite difficult to try it on slr than in dslr cams...but since its the only thing i have now might as well try it...mainly regarding the preferred settings..or any tips would do.. thanks so much for the replies

Mga Sir I just recently bought a Nikon d40. I've tried to use it sa concerts and sa mga bar events but I've noticed that my shots are really bright even the background. Any suggestions? I'm still using the basic kit no extra lens and flash as of the moment. Do you think by lowering the flash compensation will resolved it?

@reachard:

i also use a d40. question lang po ser, ano ba talaga habol mo? to capture yung place or yung tao na nagpeperform?

if it's the first, ok lang naman yung buga ng flash mo, na light up naman ung place i think, and hindi naman sya masyadong bright, IMHO.

kung second naman, then I suggest, lowering your ISO settings, para mag compensate yung camera for the low light settings nung place. siguro, 800 above na ISO, makukuha mo yung habol mong look. yun nga lang, grainy na yung picture mo nun (although, ang kinaganda ng d40, kahit sa ISO 800, hindi pa ganun ka obvious ang noise ;)) And try using either your aperture priority or shutter priority settings to get more options sa shots mo. auto mode/program modes mostly lets the camera decide what is best, para mas makita ung subjects ng pic. remember na what's best for the camera, might not be the best shot for you. so play around with your settings once in a while. :)

hope this helps po. Mga masters, I'm sure me mas tama pa po kayong mabibigay na tips kay reachard. sensya na po sa tip kong ito. :)

@ niteowl

thanks for the reply bro and sa tips bro. here's another sample yung 1st one yun yung galing sa cam nung 1 sa photographer during the event and the 2nd one is from my cam which is parang sobrang liwanag at parang di tama compare to the 1st one na parang tama lang.

try semi-auto camera setting like A (manual aperture setting) then set the metering system to CENTER WEIGHT, do not choose MATRIX

try shooting with flash then with out flash

begin by varying Aperture setting, starting with the lowest f stop value (bukang buka yung diaphragm ng camera mo) then gradually set it to a higher f stop value (paliit ng paliit yun diaphragm ng camera mo)

since you are capturing image in a low light environment try to vary also the ISO value, set it gradually to higher ISO setting (eg 400, 800, 1600)

Edited by dos8dos

I'm planning of buying a D60 this month for a start. Do you guys think that a 10MP is enough? Have no plans of making this a hobby. I just want to take pictures of my kids and weekend activities with them at the same time have decent pics to treasure. I read somewhere that a D60 has 3 frames/sec. And I thought that I won't be needing higher models than D60 for now (considering my budget too). How much is a 200m telephoto lens costs these days? Can someone post links or pics taken with a D60?

Thanks in advance.