Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

I don't mean to put out a bad word or anything... but I heard too much sad stories about Mang Ramon (Mayer) and his business ethics to made me think at least 3x before getting anything from him. Don't get me wrong... he has gives the lowest price among his competitors especially if he got to know you. As a precaution... always check the box... the body... and the leaflets in the box for the serial number if it matches.

I've heard of stories of Mayer giving used units just to make a sale... it pays to be careful you know... after all its an investment :)

I don't know what numbers you have of Henry's... if you like I could give you all of Nick's numbers that I have :)

The number of Henry's that I have is 7337723

@Phrozen.Khold:

Verry nice tips bro. I'm glad to have stumbled onto this thread. You really know your stuf :thumbsupsmiley:

Well... just wanna share the little things I know... hehehe... in that way we could all learn together right? ^_^

The number of Henry's that I have is 7337723

I sent you a PM with all of Nick's numbers ^_^ keep me posted on what you decided to buy ^_^

well that's my dream during my high school kaso medyo expensive ung course na yan.

pagiipunan ko mo na siya.

My opinion... just read books or e-books about photography... but if you really want to take some classes/seminars... take some lighting classes... or specializations like wedding photography... if its just the basics... reading about them and practicing will do you just fine... and will save you some money... ^_^

ei guys! thanks a lot!!! mas mura pala dyan coz the bundle i was supposed to buy will cost $800 will the 55mm and 200mm lens and 2 gigs and a bag.

Ey bro fritz, If it is a D80 (With full mfg warranty) kit you are reffering to, $800 (~40K PHP) would be a pretty good deal with the lenses/memory and bag included.

Edited by fire_breather
Silverlens photo holds seminars for photographers look in yahoogroups for any schedules. Or you can read articles form Fred parker, his tips are basic and striaghtforward.

Thanks for sharin the link dude... :thumbsupsmiley:

aspiring photographer. I need more orientation and techniques on how to get a good shot. on process of learning pa rin. Hope guy I may get some points from those of you who are professional already.

I'm no pro dude... I may sound like one but I'm not... hehehe... but I'm willing to share the things I know ^_^

Aight ! :thumbsupsmiley: Keep them handy tips flowing bro :)

hahaha... if I could share something why not? :P

thanks sa digits, phrozen. :)

You're welcome ^_^

Fellow I have a small suggestion.

With the help of seasoned photographers, pro's and advance amateurs or anyone willing to contribute. Why don't we dial on one topic per week providing tips and examples for all to really apprciate the nuances of photography? Say 1st week: we drill on Aperture , 2nd wk: Shutter speed, 3rd wk: ISOsetting, 4th wk: Flash and lighting, 5th wk: editing and enhancing, 6th wk: printing... and so on and so forth I guess you get the idea.

Any suggestions and or recommendations on what topics to cover and how and when to start are welcome. This way all MTC'ers can copy any specific topics posted as reference to help get their love of photography up and running to a healthy start.

Cheers!

Edited by fire_breather
Ey bro fritz, If it is a D80 (With full mfg warranty) kit you are reffering to, $800 (~40K PHP) would be a pretty good deal with the lenses/memory and bag included.

Hi, nope just the D40. a D80 would run somewhere around 1k-1.4k medyo mahal nga dito pero cant wait to get home kaya still deciding if i'll get one. guys how much yung 18mm-135mm na lens diyan sa pinas yung AF-S series ng nikon? baka yun nalang bilhin ko dyan if ever.

Fellow I have a small suggestion.

With the help of seasoned photographers, pro's and advance amateurs or anyone willing to contribute. Why don't we dial on one topic per week providing tips and examples for all to really apprciate the nuances of photography? Say 1st week: we drill on Aperture , 2nd wk: Shutter speed, 3rd wk: ISOsetting, 4th wk: Flash and lighting, 5th wk: editing and enhancing, 6th wk: printing... and so on and so forth I guess you get the idea.

Any suggestions and or recommendations on what topics to cover and how and when to start are welcome. This way all MTC'ers can copy any specific topics posted as reference to help get their love of photography up and running to a healthy start.

Cheers!

Great idea... but I think this should be discussed in the Shutterbugs Group Thread... mas maraming expert doon... hehehe :)

Hi, nope just the D40. a D80 would run somewhere around 1k-1.4k medyo mahal nga dito pero cant wait to get home kaya still deciding if i'll get one. guys how much yung 18mm-135mm na lens diyan sa pinas yung AF-S series ng nikon? baka yun nalang bilhin ko dyan if ever.

Well... if I remember it correctly... it sells for about 10-15k... ^_^

nakahiram ako ng matinong camera...canon 300v eos. 28-90mm not bad for a starters lens...pero ang stress lng kasi film pa..hirap magpractice shoot. sobrang mahal...masakit sa bulsa...magkano b mga digital cameras ngyn?...

and ano b ibig sbhn ng mga ito? naguluhan ako sa terms e..hehe

kitlens 18-55

100mm f2 USM

50mm 1.8

sigma 70-300 APO DG

are these 4 kinds of lenses?

ano ibig sbhn pag f2? f2 lng ang opening nya or un ung max?...

whats USM? us made? hehe

whats 1.8 dun sa 50mm?

and whats APO DG?...

naguguluhan tlga ako sa terms...

Phrozen_Khold: isa ka sa mga experts na sinasabi ni fire_breather

I'll pretend I never saw this comment from my master :P

nakahiram ako ng matinong camera...canon 300v eos. 28-90mm not bad for a starters lens...pero ang stress lng kasi film pa..hirap magpractice shoot. sobrang mahal...masakit sa bulsa...magkano b mga digital cameras ngyn?...

and ano b ibig sbhn ng mga ito? naguluhan ako sa terms e..hehe

kitlens 18-55

100mm f2 USM

50mm 1.8

sigma 70-300 APO DG

are these 4 kinds of lenses?

ano ibig sbhn pag f2? f2 lng ang opening nya or un ung max?...

whats USM? us made? hehe

whats 1.8 dun sa 50mm?

and whats APO DG?...

naguguluhan tlga ako sa terms...

Dude... some of the prices were already posted... try to backread a bit...

To answer your question...

the 1st set of numbers (18-55, 100mm, 50mm & 70-300) are the FOCAL LENGTH of your lens or more popularly known as the "ZOOM" if you notice that the 100mm as well as the 50mm have fixed focal lengths and are usually called PRIME LENS...

F-number is also referred as the APERTURE... like what I said before... its the 'IRIS' of your lens... the number given is usually the largest 'opening'...

I believe USM stands for Ultrasonic Motor... motors used in your lenses ^_^

APO is just a shorthand for Apochromatic, meaning non color fringed... DG usually means Digital ^_^

question: how would you know the number of shots that a DSLR has taken? for example Nikon d70?

You wouldn't actually know unless you look at a photo's EXIF data... the photo should be unprocessed so that you can see the Shutter Actuation Count...

I usually use IRFANVIEW to view the EXIF data ^_^

Edited by Phrozhen.Khold
I'll pretend I never saw this comment from my master :P

Dude... some of the prices were already posted... try to backread a bit...

To answer your question...

the 1st set of numbers (18-55, 100mm, 50mm & 70-300) are the FOCAL LENGTH of your lens or more popularly known as the "ZOOM" if you notice that the 100mm as well as the 50mm have fixed focal lengths and are usually called PRIME LENS...

F-number is also referred as the APERTURE... like what I said before... its the 'IRIS' of your lens... the number given is usually the largest 'opening'...

I believe USM stands for Ultrasonic Motor... motors used in your lenses ^_^

APO is just a shorthand for Apochromatic, meaning non color fringed... DG usually means Digital ^_^

Need i say more :D... Bow to bro Master Phrozen :) :thumbsupsmiley:

Speaking of Aperture and my small contri to the topic:

The F as in the f/2, f/2.8 , f/5.6 etc. is also know as the F-stop. Rule of thumb is , the larger the f-number, the smaller the aperture (or openning of the "iris") and thus the shallower the DOF (Depth of Field) is. If you like to take pictures where the backgorund looks to be in focus as much as the subject then use a smaller f-stop (bigger openning) as allowd by the lens. Watch shutter speeds though at wider apertures as one can easily blow the highlights off of the subject (aka Overexposure).

BTW lenses with wider apertures (smaller f-stop usually f/2.8 and below) are called fast lenses and usually come with a price :)

And bro Phrozen is right, there is another thread "Shutterbugs" thread were you can view pictures form contributors (critiques are highly apprciated) and discuss anyhting under the "photograpy" sun :D

Although, anytopics in this thread can be dissected by all aswell :) Happy shooting!

ok thanks phrozen and fire...

nakapagpractice shoot ako dito sa bahay...dark room with small lighting. playing with my toys...

nweis napansin ko lng..mas mabilis magclose ung shutter pag naka bulb kesa pag naka more than 1" or 15"... havent seen the difference kasi dko pa napadevelop...what do you think would be the difference on those shots?... aperture gamit ko 5.6...

any tips on using bulb and 15"/10"..etc shutter speeds?...

ok thanks phrozen and fire...

nakapagpractice shoot ako dito sa bahay...dark room with small lighting. playing with my toys...

nweis napansin ko lng..mas mabilis magclose ung shutter pag naka bulb kesa pag naka more than 1" or 15"... havent seen the difference kasi dko pa napadevelop...what do you think would be the difference on those shots?... aperture gamit ko 5.6...

any tips on using bulb and 15"/10"..etc shutter speeds?...

bro...post some sample pics dito pag na-scan mo or sa Shutterbugs thread so we can see the differences and discuss more.

Regarding "bulb" and 1 sec or 15 sec or slower shutter speeds, The "bulb" can be likened to your your regular house light bulb, it's ON or the shutter is OPEN as long as the time it is switched (pressed) on. The 1" or 15" or even up to 30" setting means the camera uses the internal timing mechanism to leave the shutter open at the set speed.

Here are examples of night captures at different shutter speeds.

Buda-Danube River-Pest (Buda-Pest): @ 42mm, f/4.5, 2.0secs, ISO 200, VR on w/ Nikkor 24-135 Af-S VR (Noise Evident)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Krimson07/Buda_Danube_Pest_01.jpg

Chain Bridge and Pest Evening landmarks: @ 67mm, f/4.5, 1.0sec, ISO 200, VR on w/ Nikkor 24-135 Af-S VR

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Krimson07/chainlink_grishampalace_01.jpg

Chain-link Bridge and Fisherman's Bastion on Buda side: @ 59mm, f/4.5, 0.667sec, ISO 200, VR on w/ Nikkor 24-135 Af-S VR

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Krimson07/chainlink_fshermansbastion_01.jpg

Pic taken @ sunken cemetery... comments are very much welcome

Napansin ko lang may purple/green fringe sa puno.. y kaya?

Nice shot :) What are the settings you used? Digicam or DSLR? The discussion on the PURPLE FRINGE phenomenon is more than I can handle :) However many factors can contribute to this but most notable is lense quality. Here is one of the many link that touches on the topic which I found a little bit easier to digest :D. The dreaded PURPLE FRINGE....

Edited by fire_breather