Cellphone Reviews

Thanks a lot, sir. I already bought one coz I really want to change my old Communicator (the 9500).. The e90 ain't cut out for me, coz its another expensive phone and I am tired of carrying a "brick" all the time.. The e75 is not something to salivate for as the n97 will come out for this June.. But comparing the e75 to the n97, I'd still get the e75 because it has a keypad, the n97's key pad is touch screen based and I have that in my Omnia (I use two phones kasi).. And I really don't like it.. Hard to use if you have big fingers, IMO.. And sometimes, I also use the keypad rather than the QWERTY.. So having a keypad like the Communicator is a necessity..

If its camera is crappy at night, I really would not mind coz I have the Omnia's beautiful camera..

I also don't feel that its expensive if compared to my phones before - i.e., N9500 (48K) and the N93 (42K).. I have vowed that I won't exceed the 30K mark after I bought the Omnia for 34K.. So, the e75 is perfect for me, specs-wise (because of its ala-Communicator specs) and price-wise..

The only set-back? Yep the D-pad.. But its manageable..

n97 has a keypad. a side-slide keypad.

no plans of buying new phone..

super kuntento na ako sa N95 8g

helps me during dire needs..

and matibay pa 1 1/2 years nang nasa akin di pa rin sha nag exhibit ng any damages...kahit ilang beses ko nang nabagsak.. at low height nga lang...and kahit dami ng laman ng memory mabilis pa rin loading ng pics...

Thanks a lot, sir. I already bought one coz I really want to change my old Communicator (the 9500).. The e90 ain't cut out for me, coz its another expensive phone and I am tired of carrying a "brick" all the time.. The e75 is not something to salivate for as the n97 will come out for this June.. But comparing the e75 to the n97, I'd still get the e75 because it has a keypad, the n97's key pad is touch screen based and I have that in my Omnia (I use two phones kasi).. And I really don't like it.. Hard to use if you have big fingers, IMO.. And sometimes, I also use the keypad rather than the QWERTY.. So having a keypad like the Communicator is a necessity..

If its camera is crappy at night, I really would not mind coz I have the Omnia's beautiful camera..

I also don't feel that its expensive if compared to my phones before - i.e., N9500 (48K) and the N93 (42K).. I have vowed that I won't exceed the 30K mark after I bought the Omnia for 34K.. So, the e75 is perfect for me, specs-wise (because of its ala-Communicator specs) and price-wise..

The only set-back? Yep the D-pad.. But its manageable..

Sir if you are going to sell your Nokia 9500 how will you going to sell it? :unsure:

dude not even close... a lot of phones have tried to k*ll the iphone but none of them could touch that revolutionary device... here are some of the cp's i believe would atleast compete at the iphone's league (in the us area)...

1. t-mobile g1 android phone

pros: has a very powerful os, maps, keyboard

cons: no multitouch capability, no visual voicemail, bulky

2. blackberry storm

pros: business phone, good coverage area (ofcourse verizon has the largest network in the us)

cons: no wifi capability, slow touchscreen reaction

3. nokia n96

pros: bulit in tv tuner, high resolution camera, phone stand

cons: price, very bulky, no touch screen capabilities

the iphone 3g on the meanwhile has its own pros like multitouch/accelarometer capability, has ipod and ofcourse the app store which already has 1 billion downloads... its cons are lack flash player, videorecorder and tv capabilities... but theres a solution, jailbreak your iphone and u will get flash with imobilecinema, videorecorder with cycorder and tv capabilities with ustream (which works by the way with 3g when jailbroken) as for your nokia express, that phone has got a lot more to do especially that the new iphone will be coming out in a few weeks right now...

Edited by cyrusken30
dude not even close... a lot of phones have tried to k*ll the iphone but none of them could touch that revolutionary device... here are some of the cp's i believe would atleast compete at the iphone's league (in the us area)...

2. blackberry storm

pros: business phone, good coverage area (ofcourse verizon has the largest network in the us)

3. nokia n96

the iphone 3g on the meanwhile has its own pros like multitouch/accelarometer capability, has ipod and ofcourse the app store which already has 1 billion downloads... its cons are lack flash player, videorecorder and tv capabilities... but theres a solution, jailbreak your iphone and u will get flash with imobilecinema, videorecorder with cycorder and tv capabilities with ustream (which works by the way with 3g when jailbroken) as for your nokia express, that phone has got a lot more to do especially that the new iphone will be coming out in a few weeks right now...

syempre, to each his own. kaya naman bilang isang 5800 user, kinuha ko 'to mulang www.tube5800.com:

We get lots of requests to compare in detail Nokia 5800 with Apple Iphone 3G. Here are some reasons we believe Nokia 5800 is way ahead than Iphone-

1) Size

The iphone is bigger in size and uneasy for one hand grip. Nokia 5800 is designed to fit well into your hands. Being smaller in width, its easy to operate single handedly.

Iphone size: 115.5 X 62.1 X 12.3 mm

Nokia 5800 size: 111 X 51.7 X 15.5 mm

2) Weight

Iphone is much bulkier than Nokia 5800. Nokia 5800 is 25g lighter than Iphone in weight.

Iphone: 133g

Nokia 5800: 109g

3) Screen Resolution

The Iphone has 3.5” screen while Nokia 5800 has 3.2” but the resolution of 5800 is far more superior to Iphone.

Resolution:

Iphone: 480 by 320

Nokia 5800: 640 by 360

4) Storage

Iphone comes with two options- 8GB & 16GB internal memory. Nokia has a more flexible option to offer 8GB with micro SD card which is expandable upto 16GB. Nokia owners can expand memory size according to needs which the Iphone guys can’t do.

5) Input Methods

Iphone: Finger only.

Nokia 5800: Finger, stylus, plectrum, handwriting recognition.

6) Features

Apple Iphone has lots of missing features like cut and paste function, saving email attachments, no support for third party headphones, ringtones, pricey iphone applications, many software bugs and other technical glitches. Nokia 5800 Tube has no such issues plus many more amazing features included.

7) Colors

Iphone: Black for 8 & 16 GB, White for 16 GB only.

Nokia 5800: Red, Blue and Black.

8 ) Battery

Nokia 5800 provides upto 35 hrs of music playing time against Apple Iphone which claims just 24 hrs. Overall battery power (talktime/standby) is also about 30% more in Nokia 5800. What more, 5800 has a removable battery which Iphone lacks.

Iphone: 5 hrs talk-time, 300 hrs standby, not removable.

Nokia 5800: 8.8 hrs talk-time, 406 hrs standby, removable battery.

9) Camera

Iphone: 2 MP, no flash, no zoom, no additional camera.

Nokia 5800: 3.2 MP, Flash, 3x digital zoom with Carl Zeiss lens. A second camera in front is available for video calling/conferencing.

10) Video Calling

Iphone: No Video calling possible in Iphone.

Nokia 5800: Video calling is possible.

11) Video Recording

IPhone: No option for video recording.

Nokia 5800: Video recording is included.

12) Music Service

Iphone: Paid service with Apple Itunes Store. You pay and download music to your Iphone.

Nokia 5800: “Comes with music” service is bundled with Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic phone by which you can download as much music as you want for 1 year- FREE!!

13) Voice Dialing

Iphone: Not Available

Nokia 5800: Available

14) Voice Recording

IPhone: Not Available

15) Web Browser

Iphone: Webkit based Safari browser, no flash available.

Nokia 5800: Webkit based browser, supports flash lite.

16) FM Radio

17) Bluetooth

Iphone: Bluetooth is available for just handsfree, no file sharing possible.

Nokia 5800: Bluetooth available for handsfree and file sharing is possible. Better audio quality on bluetooth in 5800 with A2DP technology which Iphone lacks.

18) Messaging

Iphone: It does not support message forwarding, multiple SMS deletion, sending SMS to multiple recipients and multimedia messages (MMS).

Nokia 5800: All the above is possible plus it has MMS ver 1.3, message size upto 600kb, and automatic resizing of Images for MMS.

19) Price

Nokia 5800 is hopefully unlocked (without any contract) and will sell much cheaper for just £219 in UK which is equal to 279 Euros or $385.

Apple iPhone 3G, on the other hand, with contract in US comes for $199 & $299 for 8 & 16 GB models and the plans with AT&T are way too expensive. Unlocked Apple Iphones sells for around $800 on Ebay.

In other parts of the world, the 8GB unsubsidized Iphone model costs 499 euros ($700) in Italy, 350 pounds ($620) in UK, $700 in India. Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic is expected to sell around the world for about $400 or below.

20) Experience

Nokia: Ages of experience, hundreds of success stories and dozens of smart handsets in current portfolio. Nokia has about 40% market share with the No.1 spot with no close competitors. Certainly the king when it comes to brand value, service and experience.

Apple: First phone ever launched by Apple is Iphone, no prior experience in the telecom market. It’s a novice in the market with a very less market share despite having millions of Iphone sold.

Verdict:

Almost all the major brands around the world like Samsung, HTC, LG, etc launched their touchscreen smartphones with a hope to beat Apple’s Iphone. No-one came close to Iphone when it comes to looks, style, feel and features.

This is the first time a tech giant like Nokia has hit it hard with its first true touchscreen smartphone. Nokia 5800 is a real Iphone killer with way ahead features, perfect looks and great price. Bravo Nokia, Well Done!!

2. blackberry storm

3. nokia n96

syempre, to each his own. kaya naman bilang isang 5800 fan, kinuha ko 'to mulang www.tube5800.com:

We get lots of requests to compare in detail Nokia 5800 with Apple Iphone 3G. Here are some reasons we believe Nokia 5800 is way ahead than Iphone-

1) Size

The iphone is bigger in size and uneasy for one hand grip. Nokia 5800 is designed to fit well into your hands. Being smaller in width, its easy to operate single handedly.

Iphone size: 115.5 X 62.1 X 12.3 mm (PARA KANG ME CALCULATOR SA TEYNGA HABANG ME KAUSAP)

Nokia 5800 size: 111 X 51.7 X 15.5 mm

2) Weight

Iphone is much bulkier than Nokia 5800. Nokia 5800 is 25g lighter than Iphone in weight.

Iphone: 133g

Nokia 5800: 109g

3) Screen Resolution

The Iphone has 3.5” screen while Nokia 5800 has 3.2” but the resolution of 5800 is far more superior to Iphone.

Resolution:

Iphone: 480 by 320

Nokia 5800: 640 by 360

4) Storage

Iphone comes with two options- 8GB & 16GB internal memory. Nokia has a more flexible option to offer 8GB with micro SD card which is expandable upto 16GB. Nokia owners can expand memory size according to needs which the Iphone guys can’t do.

5) Input Methods

Iphone: Finger only.

Nokia 5800: Finger, stylus, plectrum, handwriting recognition.

6) Features

Apple Iphone has lots of missing features like cut and paste function, saving email attachments, no support for third party headphones, ringtones, pricey iphone applications, many software bugs and other technical glitches. Nokia 5800 Tube has no such issues plus many more amazing features included.

7) Colors

Iphone: Black for 8 & 16 GB, White for 16 GB only.

Nokia 5800: Red, Blue and Black.

8 ) Battery

Nokia 5800 provides upto 35 hrs of music playing time against Apple Iphone which claims just 24 hrs. Overall battery power (talktime/standby) is also about 30% more in Nokia 5800. What more, 5800 has a removable battery which Iphone lacks.

Iphone: 5 hrs talk-time, 300 hrs standby, not removable.

Nokia 5800: 8.8 hrs talk-time, 406 hrs standby, removable battery.

9) Camera

Iphone: 2 MP, no flash, no zoom, no additional camera.

Nokia 5800: 3.2 MP, Flash, 3x digital zoom with Carl Zeiss lens. A second camera in front is available for video calling/conferencing. (ME GEOTAGGING PA MGA KUHA MO)

10) Video Calling

Iphone: No Video calling possible in Iphone.

Nokia 5800: Video calling is possible.

11) Video Recording

IPhone: No option for video recording.

Nokia 5800: Video recording is included.

12) Music Service

Iphone: Paid service with Apple Itunes Store. You pay and download music to your Iphone.

Nokia 5800: “Comes with music” service is bundled with Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic phone by which you can download as much music as you want for 1 year- FREE!! (LEGAL MGA 'TO, BINAYARAN NG NOKIA ANG RIGHTS)

13) Voice Dialing

14) Voice Recording

IPhone: Not Available

15) Web Browser

Iphone: Webkit based Safari browser, no flash available.

Nokia 5800: Webkit based browser, supports flash lite.

16) FM Radio

17) Bluetooth

Iphone: Bluetooth is available for just handsfree, no file sharing possible.

Nokia 5800: Bluetooth available for handsfree and file sharing is possible. Better audio quality on bluetooth in 5800 with A2DP technology which Iphone lacks.

18) Messaging

Iphone: It does not support message forwarding, multiple SMS deletion, sending SMS to multiple recipients and multimedia messages (MMS).

Nokia 5800: All the above is possible plus it has MMS ver 1.3, message size upto 600kb, and automatic resizing of Images for MMS.

19) Price

Nokia 5800 is hopefully unlocked (without any contract) and will sell much cheaper for just £219 in UK which is equal to 279 Euros or $385.

Apple iPhone 3G, on the other hand, with contract in US comes for $199 & $299 for 8 & 16 GB models and the plans with AT&T are way too expensive. Unlocked Apple Iphones sells for around $800 on Ebay.

In other parts of the world, the 8GB unsubsidized Iphone model costs 499 euros ($700) in Italy, 350 pounds ($620) in UK, $700 in India. Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic is expected to sell around the world for about $400 or below.

20) Experience

Nokia: Ages of experience, hundreds of success stories and dozens of smart handsets in current portfolio. Nokia has about 40% market share with the No.1 spot with no close competitors. Certainly the king when it comes to brand value, service and experience.

Apple: First phone ever launched by Apple is Iphone, no prior experience in the telecom market. It’s a novice in the market with a very less market share despite having millions of Iphone sold.

Verdict:

Almost all the major brands around the world like Samsung, HTC, LG, etc launched their touchscreen smartphones with a hope to beat Apple’s Iphone. No-one came close to Iphone when it comes to looks, style, feel and features.

This is the first time a tech giant like Nokia has hit it hard with its first true touchscreen smartphone. Nokia 5800 is a real Iphone killer with way ahead features, perfect looks and great price. Bravo Nokia, Well Done!!

ALAM NYO KUNG SAAN PANALO ANG I-PHONE? SA SOFTWARE, KAYA LANG DADAMI RIN NAMAN ANG IDE-DEVELOP SA 5800 DI KALAUNAN :thumbsupsmiley:

i would really want to know what replaced e90, as far as I know the 9 series of nokia is the top of the line. i had 9110i, replaced it it 9210i, used 9500 for 7 years and now using the e90. wla nang mas aangat pa sa e90. e7's, e'6's or e5's may be newly released but as far as i have compared these models used by my friends, still they envy the e90 as regards to its features. yeah it's bulky but then again the communicator has its own niche

There are 2 cellphones of Nokia that capture the essence of the Communicator.. The QWERTY BOARD.. These are the E75 and the the N97.. As we all know, the N-series is the flag-ship division of Nokia and the N97 is its best phone to-date.. (Picture below).. The E75 is the newest phone in the E series and it seeks to emulate the E90.. (Picture also below)

The N97 is packed with I-Phone/Xperia & Communicator features.. Touch Screen and Qwerty board.. I believe the memory is at 32GB internal.. And it really is not bulky as compared to the Communicator line.. The only setback for me? There is no keypad.. But I guess that would compromise the big screen that it has..

The E75 is the closest phone to the Communicator.. It features a keypad and a QWERTY Board, but its smaller than the E90.. Smaller talaga.. hahaha.. 50MB internal but has a free 4GB in the package.. Expandable yata up to 16GB (just like the Omnia).. The setback? Mahirap mag-type dahil maliit ang keyboard kung nasanay ka sa mga Communicators.. But as they say, it takes a little time to get used to a new thing..

Just like you, sir, I have been using my 9500 for over 5 years na din.. I did not buy the e90 coz it did not satisfy my cravings for a smaller Communicator-esque phone.. I bought the e75 because it did satisfy my Communicator needs without compromising my need for a smaller phone..

Someone in Memo Express said that Nokia might just phase out the Communicator-line, because of the N97 and the E90.. The brick phone might be a thing of the past daw.. Sinabi daw ito sa seminars nila..

FYI, I am currently using an Omnia too as my other network phone..

Here are the pictures..

post-75683-1243653507.jpg

post-75683-1243653537.jpg

Edited by revi

2. blackberry storm

3. nokia n96

yeah, blackberry is considered the business phone, IN THE STATES! here in our country any particular cellphone is tops if it suited what you (almost) perfectly: well, 5800 has the features i need in one handy phone so for me, it's the TOPS.

Edited by remoteworld

Only a few guys really utilize the "business features" of the touted business smartphones (whose features are ALSO present in majority of the Symbian N-Series and the XM 5800)..

The I-Phone has its niche.....RIM, Palm, MS Windows Mobile OS and Symbian has its own :D

Only a few guys really utilize the "business features" of the touted business smartphones (whose features are ALSO present in majority of the Symbian N-Series and the XM 5800)..

The I-Phone has its niche.....RIM, Palm, MS Windows Mobile OS and Symbian has its own :D

it's a funny fact that the businessman in us uses a low end computer and a low end cellphone for business, then he gives his high end computer for his kids (who require fast gaming graphics) and his hightech cellphone as a toy. i know a lot of big businessmen who still use 3210 (!) while their N95 (which came free with a plan, and perhaps too complicated for them to use) were immediately given to their kids to use.

in my case, i use MyPhone Duo (which came free with a plan) for business. i bought my Nokia 5800 for leisure (gps, reading, playing and watching my favorite dvd movies) and backup.

Edited by remoteworld