Anong "title" Ng Thesis Mo?

Hi guys, a little help here.

A friend of mine is asking for a good HRM thesis topic. It also needs three viable problems linked to the topic. I've suggested something in relation to manpower planning and development. Since human resource is one of the essentials, they could expound on ideas regarding career ladders, planning transitions and training.

Since I am an IT grad, I know nothing about possible topics for HRM. Any ideas? Pa-share naman...

Restaurant Business Model

3 problems

Menu Development to maximize efficiency within the kitchen with a minimum of equipment and supplies and a maximum amount of dishes that can be prepped using similar ingredients.

Table Placement and Crew Management to maximize the floor area of an available space while using the least amount of crew members (include training modules)

Profit and Liability study.

Hope that helps, remember HRM includes Restaurant Management, most HRM students tend to think in terms of hotels.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

Yes, that's what I said. I also suggested that they take up something with regards to food quality but they don't want it since they'll need a nutritionist daw for those.

Just wondering, tama ba ang assumption ko? Since they have "management", can they tackle issues on manpower? I also think most HRM students do not venture outside the hotel and restaurant terms.

Thanks

Yes, that's what I said. I also suggested that they take up something with regards to food quality but they don't want it since they'll need a nutritionist daw for those.

Just wondering, tama ba ang assumption ko? Since they have "management", can they tackle issues on manpower? I also think most HRM students do not venture outside the hotel and restaurant terms.

Well if its a HRM Thesis proposal, generally speaking (in international terms, but not necessarily applicable to the Philippines), what the professors are looking for is basically a Business Model for a working establishment, be it a restaurant, a bed and breakfast, an inn, or a 3000 room hotel (which is rarely done by students for some strange reason :rolleyes: ). This means everything from leasing the place (or alternatively sourcing funds to purchase the property) to renovation, decoration, staffing, menu development, profit/loss assumptions, etc. etc. Of course, local universities tend to go well out of that boundary.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Facer: A cartographic sketcher - UPLB Comsci SP '98.

I used VB5. f#&king thing was stolen from me by the government under Ramos and later Erap. I heard the NBI has improved on it and is using it. There goes my first (and only) contribution to the government.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...