Origami!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
opo sa mga torrent sites marami. sumotorrent.com, mininova.com, torrentz.com

Dude, Don't forget www.thepiratebay.com.

i used to do this but i stopped, nagkakalat lang daw ako sabi ng boyfriend ko. hahaha.

Cmon, I think any girl who'd be into Origami would be kewl. He just doesn't get it.

-------------------------

You can never measure the value of the art if it brings joy to others and at some chances, even inspire them. A few times it happened to me or rather through me.

One of my officemates brought her kids to work. The kids were obviously bored and was pestering their mom about it. I called them over and made them each an origami Raptor Fighter Plane I learned in www.instructables.com. The best part is that it barely took me around 7 minutes.

They were astounded. It was as if I was doing a magic show.

Their eyes widened when they saw that I could turn two sheets of used up A4 scratch paper into something they never imagined was possible. Well, too bad I had work to be done. Otherwise, I could've taught them personally how to make them. Instead, I just gave them the website so they could explore more.

I remember going to my relatives' place bringing the same paper airplanes to the li'l cousins to play with. instead of playing with it, they admired it too much that they disregarded the fact that they can fly (aside from being unbelievably realistic in a sense) and just looked at them with admiration. Later on, it ended up on the display case, along with their other toys on the display, where everybody could see. Too bad they couldn't keep up with the instructions and I had no time to really get into teaching them.

Another special moment was way back then. I don't remember how young I was when I learned how to make paper cranes. I gor a bit good at it that I used to be able to make one using a (roughly) 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm piece of paper.

There was this kid who was intrigued by it so he asked me to teach him and I did (since I got nothing to do back then).

A few days later, He could make paper cranes on a (roughly) 1 cm x 1 cm piece of paper. Imagine that.

Too bad the agility on the fingers has escaped my grasp with age.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

wow, last post was a year ago. i hope there are still origami enthusiasts here on MTC. i love doing origami, mostly kusudama. i started with the flowers, the tulips cause they are quite easy. then moved to the roses, i like the kawasaki rose the most. would usually turn them into a bouquet of flowers. tthen moved on to kusudama as they are very versatile and very pretty. i have about 2 megaboxes filled with my kusudama. then moved to the asian difficulty level and did a lot of dragons... my little brother took them to school and i never saw them again. last i did was fold 1000 paper cranes... they said that if you fold 1000 crnes you get to make a wish.

good for you,,, my daughters did the same for the city of Nirasaki,japan when they had an earthquake. the mayor of the city sent her a recognition letter.

folding a thousand small cranes is a conviction with patience.... my daughters said it is emotionally satisfying when you are doing it....

my sons will fold the tips they leave on the table...sometime the server will keep the bills as is and never know how much it is as they fold them that no no is shwing.

they have no clue...i thought that was cute...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...