Too Shy Ask For His/her Number

I have been running in this park for several months now. Every once in a while I see this really pretty girl who I have been dying to talk to. I first saw her back in Feb then about 2-3 times a week after that. I noticed that she holds my stare whenever our paths cross on the trail but I still haven't gathered enough courage to even ask her name.

Lame.

I have been running in this park for several months now. Every once in a while I see this really pretty girl who I have been dying to talk to. I first saw her back in Feb then about 2-3 times a week after that. I noticed that she holds my stare whenever our paths cross on the trail but I still haven't gathered enough courage to even ask her name.

Lame.

If I may give an advice, it's probably as simple as saying "Good morning". I'm guessing 90% chance she'll reply back with "Good morning". By then half of the ice is already broken.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

my style:

hi, my friend says you're cute, and he wants to get your number. he's kinda shy so im trying for him. (then smile)

i'm actually shy. but sometimes if I think in the third person it helps me.

maraming responses after that, i don't usually prep for it but sometimes it pays to be witty.

i used that line once and the girl asked me eh ikaw, don't you find me cute?

i said no. i find you beautiful. aun tpos ang usapan LOL

Way back during college days. I usually belong to a none blocked section :) so chances of meeting new friends & targets is big. Kumbaga style-style lang yan :) your lucky if one of yoir target is also your group mates so hinginan na ng # yan for brainstorming, group study, ETC. So ikaw na bahalang dumiskarte :) remember ang sabi ng BDO "we find ways! :)"

• Like (+1) 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Friends have always told me that I'm always too shy to ask for a girl's number. I don't mind. I'd rather get to know the girl more so that she will give me her number willingly, sometimes voluntarily. A number is a personal property, after all, and it requires trust to give it, at least for those people who value privacy.

Friends have always told me that I'm always too shy to ask for a girl's number. I don't mind. I'd rather get to know the girl more so that she will give me her number willingly, sometimes voluntarily. A number is a personal property, after all, and it requires trust to give it, at least for those people who value privacy.

Could not agree more! very well said sir! minsan kasi that also how you'll know if the person is interested eh.

About feeling too shy to ask for numbers, I've got to say there are guys who are not very shy at all and I've experienced this twice to my surprise.

The first one was on a public bus on my way to Megamall. I was seated next to a cute guy which I only noticed when he spoke. So basically what he said was, "Are you from UP" becase I wasn't, I said no. He wen't on mentioning places... Bottomline, he said "you look familiar," common pick up line, no? Because I found his approach cute though not original, I gave him my number. He called couple of weeks after, met him over coffee and still texts.

The second one was a cab driver who doesn't look like he's a cab driver. I was on my way to my Basic Photography class and to avoid being late, I hailed a cab. I immediately noticed that the driver was a bit "nakaporma" for a regular cab driver. He was wearing a Ray Ban aviator shades and smelled like Davidoff Cool Water. Mas mukha siyang may-ari or anak ng may-ari ng taxi. He was very talkative and asked a lot of questions, some of which were a bit too personal I think... His move? He didn't give my change until I gave him my number... Sayang naman ang sukli ko at mukhang cute naman ang approach nya so I gave in. He still texts and asks if I'd go meet him. Now, there's a cab I can contact just in case...

Bottomline, as I said, you won't have the answer unless you ask. Anyway, what's the worse that could happen, right?

Edited by DyosangLigaw

About feeling too shy to ask for numbers, I've got to say there are guys who are not very shy at all and I've experienced this twice to my surprise.

The first one was on a public bus on my way to Megamall. I was seated next to a cute guy which I only noticed when he spoke. So basically what he said was, "Are you from UP" becase I wasn't, I said no. He wen't on mentioning places... Bottomline, he said "you look familiar," common pick up line, no? Because I found his approach cute though not original, I gave him my number. He called couple of weeks after, met him over coffee and still texts.

The second one was a cab driver who doesn't look like he's a cab driver. I was on my way to my Basic Photography class and to avoid being late, I hailed a cab. I immediately noticed that the driver was a bit "nakaporma" for a regular cab driver. He was wearing a Ray Ban aviator shades and smelled like Davidoff Cool Water. Mas mukha siyang may-ari or anak ng may-ari ng taxi. He was very talkative and asked a lot of questions, some of which were a bit too personal I think... His move? He didn't give my change until I gave him my number... Sayang naman ang sukli ko at mukhang cute naman ang approach nya so I gave in. He still texts and asks if I'd go meet him. Now, there's a cab I can contact just in case...

Bottomline, as I said, you won't have the answer unless you ask. Anyway, what's the worse that could happen, right?

nice sharing DL. B)

• 4 weeks later...