All About Bags

ladyboy

just heard of a friend's friend who was told by the salesclerk of an lv store abroad (sydney, oz, i think) that the lv she was clutching was a fake. even when she explained that she bought her bag at an official lv store (the one in gb4), the aforementioned clerk was steadfast in her claim that the bag was fake.

upon reaching home, the woman brought her bag to lv gb4 and narrated her experience. the store clerk in gb5 then took her bag and disappeared with it for a little while. when she came back to the complainant, she had with her a new bag which she gave to the complaining customer without any explanation.

are they selling fakes at lv gb4 now?

My theory is that the salesperson in GB bought a fake LV somewhere and switched it with the original one in the box to maintain inventory. So it could be na she gave your friend the fake one that she put in the box and she got the original one - kind of clever actually. The way the salesperson reacted strengthens the theory even more. They shouldve been shocked and there shouldve been an "LV Philippines Panic" that a fake one was able to slip into their store. But the casual reaction indicates that the salesperson knew or at least had an idea of that possibility happening. Anyway, just giving a businessman's vantage point.

So tip to buyers - know how to spot fakes when buying in the Phils, specially LV. Or better yet, buy in another country.

Edited by SummerFling
  • 11 months later...

My theory is that the salesperson in GB bought a fake LV somewhere and switched it with the original one in the box to maintain inventory. So it could be na she gave your friend the fake one that she put in the box and she got the original one - kind of clever actually. The way the salesperson reacted strengthens the theory even more. They shouldve been shocked and there shouldve been an "LV Philippines Panic" that a fake one was able to slip into their store. But the casual reaction indicates that the salesperson knew or at least had an idea of that possibility happening. Anyway, just giving a businessman's vantage point.

So tip to buyers - know how to spot fakes when buying in the Phils, specially LV. Or better yet, buy in another country.

Heard this also, but a different story... it might be true that some SAs before used to swap the real ones to the fake ones in the LV PH store.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

^^^^ yikes :blink:

basta ako, ayoko ng LV. Even if i can afford to buy the original, and even if people will never suspect me of carrying a fake...........

there will still be that thought in my mind that the monogram is simply just too common, with everyone wanting to have an LV.

and nowadays, longchamp naman.

I'd rather buy less common, less seen good, eye-catching, quality bags --- whether branded or not, expensive or not. ;)

I agree with you. Even if I have the means to go for an LV, I wouldn't for the reasons you specified in your post. Same with a Longchamp bag haha. Now the Lacoste shoppers are becoming rampant. Tsktsk.

Dream bag: Bottega Veneta. :) Usual bags that I use for everyday come from Nine West, Mulberry, Kate Spade, Rabeanco, and Fino. For casual days, Hedgren and Kipling do the job pretty well. Jansport luggage for quick overnight work trips, Echolac for big luggage needs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I collect Tumi's and Pacsafe Bags for work....

For women - any bag basta wag lang fake. They can buy SM or locally made bags as long as they are true to themselves in carrying the bag.

What should be a major turn on for me is that their bags have books inside, or sige na nga a Kindle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...