All About Bags

ladyboy

The Louis Vuitton is well known for their luxury fashion and leather goods. :thumbsupsmiley:

Definitely beautiful but its too expensive... :thumbsdownsmiley:

i rather spend my money to look for more cheaper but same quality as LV got..

Think twice before buying the expensive one.. :unsure:

If you got saving buy one..but if you only have some i definitely recommend you to use in more practical manner.. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

• 9 months later...

Hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit may mga taong willing gumastos para sa mahal na bag like LOUIS VUITTON and HERMES. Sa mahal ng mga bag na eto marami ka nang mabibili. Puwede na ngang pang-tuition eh. :(

Edited by ndn

Indi lang pang-tuition. You can buy a studio-type condo unit with one Hermes Birkin bag (P 2 million). If instead of buying that bag to show off once in a blue moon, you bought the condo to rent out, eh di meron kang at least P15,000 in rental income a month.

Thank the relentless advertising campaigns of luxury brands + movies like Sex and the City to promote what a woman wants instead of what she needs.

Indi lang pang-tuition. You can buy a studio-type condo unit with one Hermes Birkin bag (P 2 million). If instead of buying that bag to show off once in a blue moon, you bought the condo to rent out, eh di meron kang at least P15,000 in rental income a month.

Thank the relentless advertising campaigns of luxury brands + movies like Sex and the City to promote what a woman wants instead of what she needs.

LV, Hermes etc are for those who already have Condo, H & L & Cars and who doesn't know what to do with his/her money.

For whose who have not (like me), just buy whatever your budget lets you. Sa mga trying hard na bumili ng signature brands , sila rin naman mahihirapan kasi napagkakamalan pa rin peke ang mga dala nila kahit inipon nila 1 year na salary para makabili LV.

• 1 month later...

subukan nyo naman yung pinoy RAFE,yup hindi sya household name pero dakilang pinoy naman

awwww, so nice of you to promote Rafe. ;) *clap, clap* i don't see his bags being sold here, though. another designer worth mentioning is amina aranaz, her bag line called Aranaz has touches of indigenous materials. i have two of her bags.

back to bags, i just got three firsts: a silver Liz Claiborne small handbag (looks like a mini Speedy); a python-embossed leather Michael Kors satchel (medium snakeskin); and an LV Neverfull (large tote with strings that can be pulled to make it a city bag). the LC is surprisingly roomy, i use this if i don't want to carry too many things. the MK is a little formal but it goes with most of my outfits, so i love it to pieces. The Neverfull isn't exactly my first choice but someone sold it to me for a fairly low price---i still don't know if i'd keep it or resell it, but for sure i'll be road-testing it. it's EASY to spot a knock-off from the real thing (Google for tips if interested).

buying nice bags could be addictive, pero more on nakakapraning for me because hindi ako masyadong maingat sa gamit, and now i have take care of them because i spent for them and they're mahal. :wacko: i used to be happy with lacoste, nine west, kathy van zeeland, vintage vivienne westwood, but if techies update their cams and laptops so often, i also need a new bag every now and then. hindi naman ako nagcre-credit card so wala naman akong utang; and i get to buy bags after i settle all my financial obligations (defensive). :P

i dream of a chanel, but that could wait. unless someone tosses me one. ;)

Edited by vanillaLatte

Buy LV from Middle Eastern countries. It's half the price here in the PI since they do not have tax! :-)

I have a metallic tote bought it from UAE. Cost only 33K :-P Here it's like 68K with tax! Hahaha.

Another bag I appreciate is Gucci :-) Pero dami na immitations eh, like this one time I was eating at SaKae Sushi and the girl beside our table was wearing the exact same bag only i know its fake since the leather handles look different and the stitching in hers was collor yellow not brown. It's just annoying since alam mong orig yun sayo pero sa iba na walang alam sa bags hindi nila mahahalata. :-(

If you want a branded one but cheaper go buy Coach!!! :-)

Hope I helped. I love bags :-)

- Clover Cortez

Being male, i have a few branded bags myself (e.g. bally, etc.). But i don't buy them so others can see the brand immediately. Often, people say that my bag is very nice, then start looking for the brand and say, "oh, bally pala". Same goes with my wallets, watches, etc. Only those people who really know the branded stuff will know my items. ;)

• 1 month later...

just heard of a friend's friend who was told by the salesclerk of an lv store abroad (sydney, oz, i think) that the lv she was clutching was a fake. even when she explained that she bought her bag at an official lv store (the one in gb4), the aforementioned clerk was steadfast in her claim that the bag was fake.

upon reaching home, the woman brought her bag to lv gb4 and narrated her experience. the store clerk in gb5 then took her bag and disappeared with it for a little while. when she came back to the complainant, she had with her a new bag which she gave to the complaining customer without any explanation.

are they selling fakes at lv gb4 now?

• 3 months later...

just heard of a friend's friend who was told by the salesclerk of an lv store abroad (sydney, oz, i think) that the lv she was clutching was a fake. even when she explained that she bought her bag at an official lv store (the one in gb4), the aforementioned clerk was steadfast in her claim that the bag was fake.

upon reaching home, the woman brought her bag to lv gb4 and narrated her experience. the store clerk in gb5 then took her bag and disappeared with it for a little while. when she came back to the complainant, she had with her a new bag which she gave to the complaining customer without any explanation.

are they selling fakes at lv gb4 now?

nyay. I have a friend who has around 5 to 6 LV bags which she bought in GB5. It might be a fake too? Therefore, the friend of your friend doesn't know how to distinguish a genuine LV from a fake LV? Don't just rely on the store or its brand name. Carefully examine your purchases before leaving the store.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Louis Vuitton has lost its charm, especially with so many triple-A fakes readily available in the market.

If one has to invest in a designer bag, I think one should do so in a "classic," one that never goes out of style, to justify the exorbitant cost. A black, lambskin, 3.55 Chanel. <sigh>

A cheaper alternative would be capsule collections by designers for department store chains or clothing chains such as the Mulberry for Target. Designer bags at department store price tags! Beat that! I was lucky enough to secure a Rafe for Target bag a few years back.

*Rafe Totengco is now Creative Director for Bags at Nine West!

Another cheaper alternative would be to buy from a local brand, such as Fino, which I love. Their designs and workmanship are at par with foreign designer bags.

Love Filipino, Buy Filipino! :)

I have two limited-edition metallic Longchamps I had bought from UK (made in France) where it's waaaaaaaaay cheaper than in Rustan's or online sellers here who pad up prices like hell. Very easy to use, water-resistant and roomy (just get a bag organizer else it would be black hole). I heard they're cheap in China, too (made in China). Don't care if people think they might be fake---the bags are chic and functional and goes well with my outfits.

I patronize phil. made products, but not to the point of buying a Celestina. You simply have to match your personality and style with what you are buying, even if you could afford the most expensive ones.

Perhaps in the future, the most that i would get my hands on would be an Aranaz.

does anyone know where i could get the rajo-designed bags made by the women of payatas?

thanks.

They used to sell those Rajo-designed Rags to Riches bag in Eastwood. I'm not sure if they still sell it there though.