• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Hi Doc,

It was great to meet you finally! Will work on the low-cost paint booth we discussed this summer. Looks like that will be completed ahead of the model I'm working on now. hehehe

If you need any more wire, just let me know.

BTW, I passed by JMN, and was able to get the same kit my son "crash landed". At least I'll get to replace it.

More wire hmmmm.. Depends on how the scratchbuilt seat belts will look like when I tackle it. I haven't done Sci-Fi kits yet although I really would like to build the Fine Molds Star Wars kits. I saw the Milleneum Falcon at Winston's shop last year but it was way too expensive. I'll shoot some pics of my hobby area this weekend, it's coming along nicely. Have a great weekend sir!

Some pics of my 1/72 DML Challenger 2.

Finished the tank last month. I used aluminum foil for the camo netting, change the grab handles and the side skirts.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Xtida/xP2080286.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Xtida/xP2080298.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Xtida/xP2080281.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Xtida/xP2080282.jpg

Comments most welcome.

:)

Thanks Doc and Dyno!

Ill fire up the airbrush for them models of yours.

:D

For Master Dyno's models I'd rather use my fingers and/or hands.

Herr Boelcke,

Fantastic details on the tank! And that's 1/72?!?!? You must have steve austin's bionic eye!

And the machine from "Honey I Shrunk the Kids!".

can i join your group? i had already built a Bismarck Battleship 1/350... but the sad part is i only use spray paint cans, because i seldom build, i didnt buy a spray painter, so its lacks of details... i also tried RX-8 from racing star.. the problem that i got it had some bubbles on the edges... well next month im planning to build a RX-8 veil side or Yamato battleship.

is its ok to paint some parts first before i assembled it? and how can i avoid smudges? is there a technique to paint just the bottom of the hole?

Thanks...

Rasc,

Welcome aboard! Always great seeing a fellow modeler.

Many modelers in fact paint the model before removing the parts from the sprue. As a matter of fact, some model manufacturers recommend this. For old hands, though, there is a danger in that technique as paint may chip when you remove the part from the sprue.

Bubbles result from spraying too close to the model (such that the paint accumulates and ripples) or from not having shaken the can well, or both. Try practising spraying only in misting fashion, allowing the coats to dry in between.

can i join your group? i had already built a Bismarck Battleship 1/350... but the sad part is i only use spray paint cans, because i seldom build, i didnt buy a spray painter, so its lacks of details... i also tried RX-8 from racing star.. the problem that i got it had some bubbles on the edges... well next month im planning to build a RX-8 veil side or Yamato battleship.

is its ok to paint some parts first before i assembled it? and how can i avoid smudges? is there a technique to paint just the bottom of the hole?

Thanks...

You can paint the lower half of the hull with a spray can by using masking tape. Tape the portion where you don't want the paint to go, spray evenly and after it dries for about 15mins., just peel off the masking tape.