Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Kumusta na Doc Pepper?

its been a while since nabisita ako dito. busy kasi sa new hobby of collecting CARS.

i see madaming interested sa hobby natin.

tip to you guys, start cheap. start slow buy quality tools and you'll know why a lot of us got absorbed in this hobby.

cheap kits with lots of detail. Shanghai Dragon 1/144 scale airplanes.

Hey there friend, I wish I could emulate you but I have enough trouble trying to pay for my one and only car, such a biyatch when it's coding day. I wish there were MORE people interested in our hobby, we need more hobby shops!

Greetings to all who are into scale modelling!!

I only started and got involved into this scale modelling bout 2 weeks ago.......More often pa daan daan lang ako at titingin sa mga scale model dun sa LIL'S Hobby Center sa may Megamall at Park Square but never tried buying and building one.......Ang hilig ko talaga is watching documentary war films, new, old & classic war movies and i also collect them.......Nag download din ako ng mga documentary video clips sa You Tube from WWII, Arab-Israeli Wars, Iran-Iraq War, Winter Wars, etc......I have been facinated by these war machines specially these main battle tanks, anti-tank guns, armored cars, fighter planes & bombers, warships on how they performed in every battle they went in.......I wasn't even thinking of getting into this hobby if not for this incident where I did happen to passby and watch (again) dun sa mga scale model sa LIL'S Megamall where this old man looking for armored vehicles that was used in the Desert Storm (probably pabili ng apo nya)........I tried to helped the old mad co'z the store clerk has no idea what the old man was looking for and I recommend a M2 Bradley IFV........Di ko akalain na ma enganyo ako to buy one for myself dahil na inggit ako dun sa apo nya.........What I bought was an early production 1:35 scale model of Tamiya Tiger tank (Panzer VI Tiger I) which is cost me P950.00.........Bibili pa sana ako ng mga tools like side cutters, modeling knife at spiral drill pero nakakagulat pala ang presyo at mas mahal pa sa mga ibang modeling kits kaya yun Tamiya cement na lang ang binili ko at as for my tools, I went to HBC to buy a nipper which will serve as my side cutter and a kawayan file to grind of excess plastic.......I also bought a P35.00 utility knife sa Ace Hardware (ang cheap no!!).

Nakakapagod pala yun pag assemble lalo na pag first timer ka but sulit naman when I finished my first Tiger Tank model......2 days after, I bought another tank a Russian T-34/76 1943 (Tamiya 1:35) production model and was able to finished it much lesser time.......Then nitong payday namin eh napadaan ako sa LIL'S Park Square at tumingin ng M4 Sherman Tank pero mas nakursunadahan ko yun M-51 Israeli Super Sherman Medium Tank (Academy 1:35) at yun ang nabili ko.......I also bought a North american P-51D Mustang (Tamiya 1:72)........I haven't painted any of my assembled models pero nilagyan ko muna ng stickers.

Nakaka adik pala ang hobby na ito and once I've started to assemble it eh there's no stopping and I always want to finish it right away (jingle lang ang pahinga).......What I'm planning is to collect those famous Battle Tanks in WWII such as Tiger, Sherman, T-34, Panther, Pershing Tanks at iba pang mga Battle Tanks from other wars and also famous Fighter Planes like P-51D (have one already), German Messerschmitt Bf 109, British Spitfire, Japanese A6M Zero Fighter at mga Bomber Planes din.

I'm glad to be one of those who are in this hobby and hoping for any advices para sa mga newbies na gaya ko.

post-145652-1191588542.jpg

I only started and got involved into this scale modelling bout 2 weeks ago.......More often pa daan daan lang ako at titingin sa mga scale model dun sa LIL'S Hobby Center sa may Megamall at Park Square but never tried buying and building one.......Ang hilig ko talaga is watching documentary war films, new, old & classic war movies and i also collect them.......Nag download din ako ng mga documentary video clips sa You Tube from WWII, Arab-Israeli Wars, Iran-Iraq War, Winter Wars, etc......I have been facinated by these war machines specially these main battle tanks, anti-tank guns, armored cars, fighter planes & bombers, warships on how they performed in every battle they went in.......I wasn't even thinking of getting into this hobby if not for this incident where I did happen to passby and watch (again) dun sa mga scale model sa LIL'S Megamall where this old man looking for armored vehicles that was used in the Desert Storm (probably pabili ng apo nya)........I tried to helped the old mad co'z the store clerk has no idea what the old man was looking for and I recommend a M2 Bradley IFV........Di ko akalain na ma enganyo ako to buy one for myself dahil na inggit ako dun sa apo nya.........What I bought was an early production 1:35 scale model of Tamiya Tiger tank (Panzer VI Tiger I) which is cost me P950.00.........Bibili pa sana ako ng mga tools like side cutters, modeling knife at spiral drill pero nakakagulat pala ang presyo at mas mahal pa sa mga ibang modeling kits kaya yun Tamiya cement na lang ang binili ko at as for my tools, I went to HBC to buy a nipper which will serve as my side cutter and a kawayan file to grind of excess plastic.......I also bought a P35.00 utility knife sa Ace Hardware (ang cheap no!!).

Nakakapagod pala yun pag assemble lalo na pag first timer ka but sulit naman when I finished my first Tiger Tank model......2 days after, I bought another tank a Russian T-34/76 1943 (Tamiya 1:35) production model and was able to finished it much lesser time.......Then nitong payday namin eh napadaan ako sa LIL'S Park Square at tumingin ng M4 Sherman Tank pero mas nakursunadahan ko yun M-51 Israeli Super Sherman Medium Tank (Academy 1:35) at yun ang nabili ko.......I also bought a North american P-51D Mustang (Tamiya 1:72)........I haven't painted any of my assembled models pero nilagyan ko muna ng stickers.

Nakaka adik pala ang hobby na ito and once I've started to assemble it eh there's no stopping and I always want to finish it right away (jingle lang ang pahinga).......What I'm planning is to collect those famous Battle Tanks in WWII such as Tiger, Sherman, T-34, Panther, Pershing Tanks at iba pang mga Battle Tanks from other wars and also famous Fighter Planes like P-51D (have one already), German Messerschmitt Bf 109, British Spitfire, Japanese A6M Zero Fighter at mga Bomber Planes din.

I'm glad to be one of those who are in this hobby and hoping for any advices para sa mga newbies na gaya ko.

Welcome to the hobby! I hope it will not twist you the way the dark side did to me. I have about 15 built (painted and weathered) and about the same number in various stages of completion. But the good news is that I have about 300 and counting unbuilt kits in the stash. That means I will live to be 196 years old since I intend to build and finish everyone of them.

mga sir, baka meron may alam sa inyo kung saan ako makakahanap ng M101 howitzer 1/35 scale? papahatak ko lang dito sa ginagawa ko na PA M925

I remember seeing one of these things at Lil's and at Hobbies and Comics a couple of years ago. Your best bet I think would be to order thru the internet if they don't have it here.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XTANZGVFL._AA280_.jpg

Welcome to the hobby! I hope it will not twist you the way the dark side did to me. I have about 15 built (painted and weathered) and about the same number in various stages of completion. But the good news is that I have about 300 and counting unbuilt kits in the stash. That means I will live to be 196 years old since I intend to build and finish everyone of them.

Doc Pepper

I must envy you co'z those 300++ unbuilt kits will keep you going until you have reached 196 y/o ........Consider urself a "JEDI" master :goatee: in the art of scale modeling........As for me, I could only afford about 1-2 kits every payday.........But my ultimate dream for me is not just to built and complete everything but to see the real thing and probably ride and drive in one of those battle tanks.......And If by chance na maka punta ako ng U.S., I would go to the US Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds at Baltimore dahil may collection sila ng mga battle tanks from WWII and also modern tanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

caloyski™

Doc Pepper

I must envy you co'z those 300++ unbuilt kits will keep you going until you have reached 196 y/o ........Consider urself a "JEDI" master :goatee: in the art of scale modeling........As for me, I could only afford about 1-2 kits every payday.........But my ultimate dream for me is not just to built and complete everything but to see the real thing and probably ride and drive in one of those battle tanks.......And If by chance na maka punta ako ng U.S., I would go to the US Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds at Baltimore dahil may collection sila ng mga battle tanks from WWII and also modern tanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

caloyski™

Please don't envy me. Like you I can afford only about 1 - 2 kits per payday, but how many paydays have I had for the last 10 years? It just takes me a long long time to finish a kit. I am a JEDI master only when it comes to COLLECTING unbuilt kits.

im an on and off scale model wannabe.. since back when i was around 7-8 years old.. i recall my fave place was the hobby shop in nueva street in binondo.. now at a ripe old age of 31.. ive been trying to re enter the scale modelling scene.. i think ive gathered the skills that i need, plus most of the materials as well because of a non hobby related matter (dremel, airbrush, hot air rework system, electronics etc and soon to be laser cutter/etcher), anyways.. i want to restart this hobby on a right foot. back then, i always thought that scale modelling is a race. you haveto finish the kit at the soonest possible time.. (i pity the kits i bought before, they looked like they were done by a no skilled 10 year old).

as of now, im trying to come back to the scene slowly, ive planned my steps by being a customizer first before becoming a full blown modeller. i enjoy tinkering and improving toys and customizing them (adding lights, sounds etc), lately, coz of the transformers flick, ive began collecting transformers toys.. and have plans to improve their paint job and other stuff.. im also into modding electronic handheld toys and consoles. i dunno where i belong as of the moment, but i do hope that people here would be able to help..this thread has been more than informative. if you could also point me out to more phil based modellers group, i would be greatly indebted.

just one question to the guru's out there.. whats the best chrome finish paint and where is it available? (mirror shine sana)

im an on and off scale model wannabe.. since back when i was around 7-8 years old.. i recall my fave place was the hobby shop in nueva street in binondo.. now at a ripe old age of 31.. ive been trying to re enter the scale modelling scene.. i think ive gathered the skills that i need, plus most of the materials as well because of a non hobby related matter (dremel, airbrush, hot air rework system, electronics etc and soon to be laser cutter/etcher), anyways.. i want to restart this hobby on a right foot. back then, i always thought that scale modelling is a race. you haveto finish the kit at the soonest possible time.. (i pity the kits i bought before, they looked like they were done by a no skilled 10 year old).

as of now, im trying to come back to the scene slowly, ive planned my steps by being a customizer first before becoming a full blown modeller. i enjoy tinkering and improving toys and customizing them (adding lights, sounds etc), lately, coz of the transformers flick, ive began collecting transformers toys.. and have plans to improve their paint job and other stuff.. im also into modding electronic handheld toys and consoles. i dunno where i belong as of the moment, but i do hope that people here would be able to help..this thread has been more than informative. if you could also point me out to more phil based modellers group, i would be greatly indebted.

just one question to the guru's out there.. whats the best chrome finish paint and where is it available? (mirror shine sana)

I'm not a guru but in my opinion the best chrome finish is Alclad II Silver Chrome, airbrushed over a gloss black acrylic undercoat. Second on the list is SnJ Spray Chrome Silver then a far third is Model Master Buffable Metalizers. Try going to JNM Hobbies at the second floor of Harrison Plaza, they may have these in stock but you can always ask them to order for you.

wish me luck guys... ima get airburshes and compressors soon... this forum has been a great help.. thanks to all the masters and gurus

Try to get the best that you can afford, for airbrushes get a good single or double action Badger or HG Tamiya and for compressors try to get one that has a holding tank. It might cost more now but it wil save you money in the long run since you won't have to upgrade. Good luck!

Hi guys,

has anyone seen any Disney Pixar CARS plastic kit around?

i dont think there's one available. might as well have it vacuu-formed. But if anyone seen a kit anywhere, please tell me. im into collecting the die-cast characters. i nice addition will be a 1:18 scale model.

Buy badger airbrushes! i bought the aztec airbrush with changeable nozzles.. much to my dismay the badger is better. so i had to upgrade.

Its nice to see the hobby is attacting new enthusiasts. I hope i can see pics of recent projects here.

I only started and got involved into this scale modelling bout 2 weeks ago...... Nakaka adik pala ang hobby na ito and once I've started to assemble it eh there's no stopping and I always want to finish it right away (jingle lang ang pahinga).......What I'm planning is to collect those famous Battle Tanks in WWII such as Tiger, Sherman, T-34, Panther, Pershing Tanks at iba pang mga Battle Tanks from other wars and also famous Fighter Planes like P-51D (have one already), German Messerschmitt Bf 109, British Spitfire, Japanese A6M Zero Fighter at mga Bomber Planes din.

Hi dude! i saw you built a P-51D bubble top!

try painting it! ganda ng choice mo for the plastic kit. tons of details. Here's some tip. try to do search for pics for a subject to your model. i once had a couple of P-51Ds.

one was Chuck Yeager's Glamorous Glenn III. used SNJ buffable silver. looks fine. had to paint the nose yellow and red by masking the cone with masking tape and white glue.

the other was the 1:72 PAF P-51D. the "Shark of Zambales" though its difficult to create decals without a decent printer and decal paper, i suggest painting the markings. the PAF insignia is not difficult to recreate. If you can render the tail insignia by yourself congratulations to you. well, you can always print the insignia found on the net.

here are some images for inspiration.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1134/shark2xd3.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5844/shark3es0.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/460/shark4ht3.jpg

http://www.paf.mil.ph/Gallery3/images/p51-1.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2382/sharkwh4.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/milspec/scan0002.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/milspec/scan0007.jpg

i will look for the pics of my model before i sold them... BTW. be careful when painting over the canopy. it tends to get blurred. try to look for some NOVUS plastic polish. i doubt meron ganun dito sa pinas. test your luck though, this is the best item for plastic modelling.

Hi dude! i saw you built a P-51D bubble top!

try painting it! ganda ng choice mo for the plastic kit. tons of details. Here's some tip. try to do search for pics for a subject to your model. i once had a couple of P-51Ds.

one was Chuck Yeager's Glamorous Glenn III. used SNJ buffable silver. looks fine. had to paint the nose yellow and red by masking the cone with masking tape and white glue.

the other was the 1:72 PAF P-51D. the "Shark of Zambales" though its difficult to create decals without a decent printer and decal paper, i suggest painting the markings. the PAF insignia is not difficult to recreate. If you can render the tail insignia by yourself congratulations to you. well, you can always print the insignia found on the net.

here are some images for inspiration.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1134/shark2xd3.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5844/shark3es0.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/460/shark4ht3.jpg

http://www.paf.mil.ph/Gallery3/images/p51-1.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2382/sharkwh4.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/milspec/scan0002.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m45/milspec/scan0007.jpg

i will look for the pics of my model before i sold them... BTW. be careful when painting over the canopy. it tends to get blurred. try to look for some NOVUS plastic polish. i doubt meron ganun dito sa pinas. test your luck though, this is the best item for plastic modelling.

Nicely built P-51! I wouldn't worry about the blurred canopy. The real thing looks blurred in the photo anyway! Joke!