Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Classic or Hard to find unbuilt are really pricey once thier production is stopped. astig

Ipon mo lang sila. you will have tons of time to build them in the future. (i have 10 boxes still unopened) :P

Oh, and did I mention that I have 843 boxes of kits, most opened but only to fondle the plastic, so all unbuilt.

Kits are being reissued all the time, look at all the old Aurora kits being released under the Polar Lights label. As long as the molds are intact, kits can always be reissued. Anyway, I think my wife will the beneficiary for all these kits, by the time I have time to build them my eyes and motor coordination will be kaput.

Grabeh!! addict! :boo: im wondering kung saan mo sila tinatago. ehehe

i felt sorry for the small TAMIYA japanese samurai figures na di ko natapos. nabali lang mga spada nila. :( still unpainted pa.

ampuputi nila. gusto ko kasi subukan magpaint using Artist Oils eh. maybe Bust na lang ako mag start.

maybe after i buy my first car hehehe... hobbies come after another :P kinakalawang na yata yung academy motor tool ko i bought 5 years ago. :)

Anyone can tell me how this guy managed to "suspend" his spitfire from the dispay base?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8749/saycheese143in4.th.jpg *click image for larger picture*

im really amazed by this display. i think he's using Fiber Optics but i doubt kung rigid enough yung fiber optics to support his plane.

The plane is being Pushed up by Three transparent wires/lines and the plane's swaying "parang lumilipad talaga"!

if anyone can tell me how to do this, id like to try it on my 1/144 planes :D

Edited by moxman
Grabeh!! addict! :boo: im wondering kung saan mo sila tinatago. ehehe

i felt sorry for the small TAMIYA japanese samurai figures na di ko natapos. nabali lang mga spada nila. :( still unpainted pa.

ampuputi nila. gusto ko kasi subukan magpaint using Artist Oils eh. maybe Bust na lang ako mag start.

maybe after i buy my first car hehehe... hobbies come after another :P kinakalawang na yata yung academy motor tool ko i bought 5 years ago. :)

Most of the stash is in our bedroom, at the top of shelves, inside the closet, bathroom shelves and under the bed. The others are in the kitchen shelves and in the garage. They aren't hidden anymore but the wife complains that they seem to breed like rabbits.

For your samurai figures you can always scratchbuild the swords. Maybe you can use tin or aluminum and approximate the scale thickness of the swords. Remember to base coat the figures with lacquer or acrylic for better oil painting.

Am planning on building a PAF MG-520. Is the 1/35 Dragon MD500E's airframe similar to this (I got the Los Angeles Sheriff variant)? Am sure that someone here has already built a PAF MG or knows someone who already have. Could anyone here point me to the right direction? Thanks a lot Sirs!

I think you could. Take a look at the pics:

This is the PAF MD520

http://www.timawa.net/images/paf/md520.jpghttp://www.timawa.net/images/paf/md520a.jpg

And this is an MD 500E:

http://216.19.207.5/Rotorcraft/Models/images/MD500EProductPhoto.jpg

Looks like the tails on both are 'T' tails and you can just take out the rear door of the 500E to simulate the PAF MG-520. Hope you can post some pix of this project here.

Anyone knows about the "FUTURE" floor polish Fine Scale Modeller promotes?

hassel kasi wala na akong ganun. i had one before. padala ng tita along with the Novus plastic polish.

ano ginagamit niong substitute?

Future is a product of Johnsons, an acrylic clear coating for floors. I actually tried to buy some here but Johnsons told me they could only sell it in drums. Want to halve a drum with me?

Anyway, it is also known as Kleer in other countries but the substitute here is Johnsons Wipe and Shine. I know it is milky and not clear but when it dries it still dries clear. I have used it to dip canopies in and it works as good as the real Future, which I also have. The best part is, it is very very cheap at P45.00 for a large bottle.

Sir, would you know the FS colors used on the camoflage paint of the MG-520? Thanks again! :)

I never was too particular with the FS numbers in my models since I would weather it beyond recognition anyway. Give me some time to look at the modelling sites, there may be some info there on the exact FS colors. Here is a better color schematic for the PAF MD-520:

http://www.acig.org/artman/uploads/phaf_md_520_439b.jpg

I remember Gunze Sangyo have a ready made lineup for military camouflage. I suggest you go to Special Toys Center. I dont know if they're still open but that's where i buy my stuffs from. (alimall cubao)

just jot down the colors of the military camouflage set and mix and match for your own preferrence.

Wow! insignia ng Philippine Air Force yun ah Doc. Pepper!

May alam ba kayong gawaan ng decals locally that are thin enough like the ones on the kit?

I remember Gunze Sangyo have a ready made lineup for military camouflage. I suggest you go to Special Toys Center. I dont know if they're still open but that's where i buy my stuffs from. (alimall cubao)

just jot down the colors of the military camouflage set and mix and match for your own preferrence.

Wow! insignia ng Philippine Air Force yun ah Doc. Pepper!

May alam ba kayong gawaan ng decals locally that are thin enough like the ones on the kit?

The decals will have to be custom made. The most practical way I can think of is to use a drawing program to do the PAF insignia and the registration numbers and print this on clear decal paper. Since there is only one color this shouldn't be too hard.

Just like to share my collection....as promised before. :)

http://www.wings900.com/gallery/data/2/602pr231-bnm_1_.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! space eater too i bet :evil:

The decals will have to be custom made. The most practical way I can think of is to use a drawing program to do the PAF insignia and the registration numbers and print this on clear decal paper. Since there is only one color this shouldn't be too hard.

yup! im looking for a place that can make thin decals for my models and RC's

hmm, may nagbebenta ba ng clear decal sheet?

@ lufftwaffe,

dude, raise mo yung mask para maganda yung camo mo. feathered finish. :cool:

BEAUTIFUL! space eater too i bet :evil:

@ lufftwaffe,

dude, raise mo yung mask para maganda yung camo mo. feathered finish. :cool:

4feet by 4feet sir to be exact.

I have another one which is a Z scale train layout this one's the space eater occupying a 4feet by 9 feet of space. :)

You can order from the Internet from any of the big hobby shops like Micromark, Squadron, Great Models etc. but you can also try NM Hobbies at Harrison Plaza 2nd Floor. Sometimes Natalie has the popular imported items like Alclad II, brass tubing and sculpey, or you could try ordering it from her.

I built a Titanic diorama about 3 years ago. with Fiber Optic lights as window effects.

got the idea from the magazine. hehe pangit nung Titanic model. since the absence of sheet styrene, i used cellphone prepaid cards.

sad to say, na-arbor na sha. a "friend" borrowed it from me and didnt show up after.. tsk tsk...

I built a Titanic diorama about 3 years ago. with Fiber Optic lights as window effects.

got the idea from the magazine. hehe pangit nung Titanic model. since the absence of sheet styrene, i used cellphone prepaid cards.

sad to say, na-arbor na sha. a "friend" borrowed it from me and didnt show up after.. tsk tsk...

Great works, sir!

You make scratch-built models, are you an architect or interior designer, by any chance?

Went to Lil's last weekend. They had a whole slew of DML/Dragon 1/35 armor 'premium' kits. These are reissued kits with photoetch, magic tracks and sometimes even aluminum barrels, and at a very reasonable price too. They also had some interesting Italeri 1/35 armored cars on hand as well as AFV Club's Centurion NATO version (with the 105 gun). There goes my wallet again.

I'm sorry for posting a rather late reply regarding this topic, but I just wanted to share something lang. I have used both 'Future' and the local 'Wipe and Shine', and except for the initial milkiness of WnS, parang Future na nga - even smeels great too. What I would like to share though is that, even if both leave a gloss coat, should you want to make the finish matte, you can do so by adding Tamiya's Flat Base. You can read about this sa other websites on Future and modelling. I experimented at the start na trial and error and proportions ng Future/WnS with the Flat Base so be careful sa too much ng flat base or your kit will end up as if it had a winter camo pattern (powdery white overcoat). Luckilly, this may be remedied by overcoating with a better proportioned mix. FYI

Hi! :cool:

Could I join the group? I'm into building 1/24 scale model japanese cars and Zoids.

Anybody here is also into building these models? I previously accomplished building

the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V Rally WRC (The one driven by Tommy Makinen),

a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Street Version, a Liger Zero Phoenix (NJR), and an

Energy Liger (NJR).

I'm hoping that I can enter these models in a competetion. Anybody here knows where

I can join?