Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

You too doc... too bad I'm supporting UK clients so no holiday for me -_-

That's too bad sir, I suppose you're getting paid for it anyway. Hope to meet up with you on the 21st!

Hey Doc, would you happen to know if any of the local shops sell Windsor and Newton series & brushes? really need them for detail painting...seems my eyesight has deteriorated painting those 1/72 plankton :lol:

Series 7 brushes

When I was hanging around the art supply section of National Bookstore Glorietta, I was able to talk to the rep of the local distributor of Windsor and Newton here in the Philippines. She invited me to drop by their office somewhere in Makati Avenue near the Burgos area. They told me that aside from the oil paints, they also carried brushes but did not chose to have National sell them yet. So all they have on stock at NBS are the artist grade oil paints, watercolors and the quick drying alkyd oils. If I were you I'd just ask NBS the address of the distributor and go directly there for the brushes. The rep told me that they welcome walk-ins. If you still have trouble finding a W&N brush, let me know and I'll ask my artist friend. Hope this helps your feed and multiply those plankton sir!

That's too bad sir, I suppose you're getting paid for it anyway. Hope to meet up with you on the 21st!

When I was hanging around the art supply section of National Bookstore Glorietta, I was able to talk to the rep of the local distributor of Windsor and Newton here in the Philippines. She invited me to drop by their office somewhere in Makati Avenue near the Burgos area. They told me that aside from the oil paints, they also carried brushes but did not chose to have National sell them yet. So all they have on stock at NBS are the artist grade oil paints, watercolors and the quick drying alkyd oils. If I were you I'd just ask NBS the address of the distributor and go directly there for the brushes. The rep told me that they welcome walk-ins. If you still have trouble finding a W&N brush, let me know and I'll ask my artist friend. Hope this helps your feed and multiply those plankton sir!

Thanks a lot, Doc..that would surely be of big help. Actually I can ask from some relatives abroad but can't wait to finish painting the details already....do you buy Osprey books for reference? know where I can score them cheaper? I find the ones sold at Specialty Hobby a bit steep...even the ones on sale.

wow...mga pare...i bought two battleships, the bismark and tirpitz from academy only to realize na parehong pareho sila..hehehe stupid me..hehehehe...sister ships sila (at alam ko ito...hehehe)....meron bang makakapag email sa akin ng color scheme nila para maiba naman sila sa isat isa..ty....

I can fully and wholeheartedly identify with you regarding this matter, pre. Literally decades ago (I can't remember exactly when but I'm sure that this was before I graduated from High School in 1981, maybe grade school pa nga ako noon, eh), I saved my lunch money so that I could buy a 1/720 (yata) Bismark by Revell. Subsequently, I then set my sights on the 1/720 (yata, again) Tirpitz also by Revell. I purchased both of them from the Toys Section of Unimart (yes the grocery in Greenhills, and yes they had models there at that time) so they were still in sealed boxes and thus preventing me from any comparison until I already purchased them. Aside from gridwork yata sa smokestacks on one, and very minor differences on one or two more items, talaga ngang sister ships sila - twins nga halo, eh. After building both, I gave one of them to a cousin of mine. I still have the other at home, but since I wasn't to particular with the building and painting of ships, and modeling tools consisted of styrene cement, nail clippers, cutters and sandpaper - painting was mostly just Hull Red for the hull, Flat Black stripe atop that, and three to a side na Flat Black and Flat White 'stripes'.

I was cleaning my room about 2 months ago, taking inventory of kits to build, and other related model building items. PRE, NO PROMISES, HA, but I think I still have the box of one of the ships and didn't throw it out as of yet. It might have the instructions and painting guide there. Hanapin ko and will get back to you, whether good news or bad.

Thanks a lot, Doc..that would surely be of big help. Actually I can ask from some relatives abroad but can't wait to finish painting the details already....do you buy Osprey books for reference? know where I can score them cheaper? I find the ones sold at Specialty Hobby a bit steep...even the ones on sale.

For Osprey books try Roel's Hobbies & Comics at Makati Cinema Square or his wife Natalie's shop at Harrison Plaza. I don't know if it's cheaper there because I don't know if Winston and Roel have the same source but I have never bought an Osprey Book yet. Good luck!

More pics. Heres my M-2A2 Bradley:

http://photos.kitmaker.net/data/500/3491M2A2_15.jpg

http://photos.kitmaker.net/data/500/3491M2A2_11.jpg

Hope you like it. :D

Whoa! Tamiya 1/35? Nice weathering, subtle, but it's there. Camo job is really good, with the paint being faded properly into the base color. Thanks for sharing!