Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

It's hard to find another airbrush that can do what the Tamiya kit can at the same price. The compressor right away will use up your budget.

The only drawback of the Tamiya kit is that it's hose doesn't last. My hose "melted" (the plasticizer leeched out) and I ended up with a mucky hose after 5 years. I have a replacement hose, by the way, that I guarantee will not melt (we made it locally). For a brand new entry level set, it's the easy option.

Something better would be to have a compressor with a pressure tank and regulator so you can control the air delivery and match it to your air brush. For the airbrush, there are plenty to choose from. Badger has a wide range from entry level to state of the art. If you're getting one, look for an internal mix of paint and air for a better quality result.

My first airbrush was a Badger 150 external mix. It's good for large area work, but not for fine lines. It was also prone to splatter. The Badger in the picture, and the Tamiya are internal mix airbrushes.

What's important with the airbrush is how well you clean it after painting. This will guage how long it will last. It's best to clean it right away before the paint begins to harden.

I agree that the Tamiya Sprayworks is the best value for money airbrush system. I've been using one for years before deciding to go with the compressor/pressure tank plus Badger 150. Its just hard to find other airbrushes here. One day I will upgrade to an Iwata Micron to spray those really fine lines.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
So... where did you guys bought your airbrush? Isn't there local (pinas) shops that sell them?

I bought my Badger 150 at Enriquez Art Supplies in Recto but I've seen Badgers at National Book Store and St. Patrick's art supplies. I got my 1/2HP compressor with holding tank at True Value as well as the water trap. I still hope to buy a regulator one day.

Contribution ko lang. I have an Italeri Compressor - it's as small as a car battery and has a a small internal tank inside so may stored air which is used for spraying and the compressor just kicks in when the tank is empty or low in contents. I also have a 1/4 hp Yaesu compressor - this one can allow me to paint a car (hahahah). I prefer this big one.

Should you prefer air in cans, I suggest CO2 tanks, even medical oxygen tanks nga eh. I read this one in Fine Scale Modeller. You wont need a water trap pa if it's CO2.

Contribution ko lang. I have an Italeri Compressor - it's as small as a car battery and has a a small internal tank inside so may stored air which is used for spraying and the compressor just kicks in when the tank is empty or low in contents. I also have a 1/4 hp Yaesu compressor - this one can allow me to paint a car (hahahah). I prefer this big one.

Should you prefer air in cans, I suggest CO2 tanks, even medical oxygen tanks nga eh. I read this one in Fine Scale Modeller. You wont need a water trap pa if it's CO2.

The CO2 tank is one idea I considered. The advantage nga lang is no water trap and it is quiet, unlike a compressor where it can get noisy. Actually, since the compressor automatically starts when the air tank is almost empty, the sound of the engine starting startles me and ruins whatever I'm spraying at the moment. The downside is the initial investment of buying a CO2 tank, regulator and bringing it with you for filling up. Siguro dapat maliit lang yung tank, otherwise it will be a bitch to lug it around to have it filled.

I saw this airbrush set in ebay.ph and its being sold for 6k... I've talked to the guy who's selling it and the last price that he gave me is 5.6k... what do you guys think? :huh:

I used this during my college years.kinabitan ko lang ng regulator and water/moisture trap. Bought the whole package without the airbursh that is at Alonzo for P3500....that was year 1995 I think. Beofre I was using Badger din but now I switched to Aztek Airbrush na.:)

I used this during my college years.kinabitan ko lang ng regulator and water/moisture trap. Bought the whole package without the airbursh that is at Alonzo for P3500....that was year 1995 I think. Beofre I was using Badger din but now I switched to Aztek Airbrush na.:)

Wow! Aztek! HOw does it perform? Madali ba linisin? May nabasa ako dati na dahil cartridge nozzles ang design, mahirap daw linisin. The manufacturer claims it's very easy to switch colors - just remove the color cup/bottle, change the nozzle, and spray away! Is this true? FR naman!

Wow! Aztek! HOw does it perform? Madali ba linisin? May nabasa ako dati na dahil cartridge nozzles ang design, mahirap daw linisin. The manufacturer claims it's very easy to switch colors - just remove the color cup/bottle, change the nozzle, and spray away! Is this true? FR naman!

These are mainly made out of plastic right? I heard its easy to clean, not as complicated to disassemble as the Badgers. But I haven't seen one sold locally yet. Feedback is you either love em or hate em (Azteks, I mean).

Correct po sinabi ninyo....I find Aztek very easy to use dahil you can easily change nozzle.Hindi siya mahirap linisin as in very easy to clean din....drawback is it is made of plastic so I think Badger will last longer.I own 2Badgers and 1 Aztek basically all are gifts from my relatives....hehe kasi praning daw ako sa scale models....and they actually love my work luckily for me.:)

Correct po sinabi ninyo....I find Aztek very easy to use dahil you can easily change nozzle.Hindi siya mahirap linisin as in very easy to clean din....drawback is it is made of plastic so I think Badger will last longer.I own 2Badgers and 1 Aztek basically all are gifts from my relatives....hehe kasi praning daw ako sa scale models....and they actually love my work luckily for me.:)

Post some pix of your finished models please. Pag nakikita ko avatar at sig mo parang gusto ko ibenta yung airbrush ko at dumalaw sa Quezon Avenue.

I got there at exactly 7pm... I was one of the early birds :P Too bad we didnt meet... but there are a lot of opportunities... I left the party after the show :P

Iwata Airbrush Deluxe Set

Kit Includes:

· Iwata Studio Series Smart Jet Compressor

· Iwata Eclipse CS Airbrush

· The Air Experience video with Richard Sturdevant

· Artool Freehand Template (FH-2)

· The Freehand Airbrush Template video

· 10 bottles of Medea Com-Art Colors

· 8 oz. bottle of Medea Airbrush Cleaner