Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Hi guys... do you know where I could buy a decent airbrush set? How much would it cost me?

If you go to Lil's either in Megamall or Parksquare 1, they have a Tamiya airbrush set with a small compressor. I think this costs around P5K and you have to buy an adaptor so it can run on electricity. You can also get a Badger airbrush set, it comes with a hose but you have to buy either canned air or a compressor. I got a Badger 150 that cost about 4K then I got a 1/2 HP compressor with holding tank for about 6K. Its better to buy a quality airbrush from the start so you don't waste your money on a poor quality airbrush because you will still need to upgrade it in the end.

doc peppa....how are u bro...

do u have a b25 bomber in your stash.....wala ako makita na mura e...puro in the 1000 plus range....

by the way my models have this problem na napuputol ang landing gears okay lang ba gawan ko ng stand ang mga ito...my trusted carpenter can fabricate stands..(yong ala matchbox dati)...

thanks bro...

Hey bro, thanks for the PM! I have a B-25C/D in my stash, it's in 1/48 by Accurate Miniatures. Lil's still has some of these but it costs something like 3K up. For 1/72 scale I think Academy has one although I haven't seen any in the shops. I'll look around bro.

Sometimes you have to replace the thin tubes of plastic with wire, I normally use metal paperclips for this. I drill the holes with a pin vise then replace the plastic arm with the wire. But if you want, you can build the plane wheels up and landing gear doors closed and put it in a stand.

If you go to Lil's either in Megamall or Parksquare 1, they have a Tamiya airbrush set with a small compressor. I think this costs around P5K and you have to buy an adaptor so it can run on electricity. You can also get a Badger airbrush set, it comes with a hose but you have to buy either canned air or a compressor. I got a Badger 150 that cost about 4K then I got a 1/2 HP compressor with holding tank for about 6K. Its better to buy a quality airbrush from the start so you don't waste your money on a poor quality airbrush because you will still need to upgrade it in the end.

Cool... thanks for the info... I'll dropby as soon as I can ^_^

Oh thanks! Post some pix OK? Hello Master Yu-gi-oh! Wassup?

Hey Doc, after dilly dallying for the longest time, finally went to MCS and bought my "plankton army"...thank you so much for the advice...he has a good selection of 1/72 figures, but mainly medieval/napoleonic era...im more into WW2 and modern era...but managed to buy several sets to jumpstart things again...planning to build a diorama to showcase my lil soldier boys. :lol:

Hey Doc, after dilly dallying for the longest time, finally went to MCS and bought my "plankton army"...thank you so much for the advice...he has a good selection of 1/72 figures, but mainly medieval/napoleonic era...im more into WW2 and modern era...but managed to buy several sets to jumpstart things again...planning to build a diorama to showcase my lil soldier boys. :lol:

Oh wow a diorama! Would love to see that!

I saw this airbrush set in ebay.ph and its being sold for 6k... I've talked to the guy who's selling it and the last price that he gave me is 5.6k... what do you guys think? :huh:

What I don't like about it is that it has no holding tank for the air. So you will have to switch it on and off everytime you need to use it, but if it has an air tank, the compressor only starts when the air in the tank is depleted up to a certain level. You might need a regulator to control air pressure, that's a bit expensive and also a water trap, which is cheap. I hope its not a diaphragm type where the air comes out in spurts as this is a big no no when airbrushing. If it is a diaphragm type it is too expensive. Hope this helps a bit.

I wouldn't know because thats the only pic he has of the item... Anyway, I went to lils last friday to ask about their airbrush and its almost 5K... around 4.8K if I'm not mistaken... The adaptor they have for the sirbrush is sold seperately... I looked at the set and I told the lady I'll just come back... it kinda looks like a glue gun with a compressor :lol:

I saw this airbrush set in ebay.ph and its being sold for 6k... I've talked to the guy who's selling it and the last price that he gave me is 5.6k... what do you guys think? :huh:

Hey! Looks lika a Badger 350! Double action trigger. This setup is OK. To compensate for a lack of a pressure tank, there's supposed to be a hole drilled onto the brass adaptor. Just a suggestion, please check the needle for damage before buying. Better yet, ask the owner to demo it (like a test drive) - how to prep, run and clean, etc. It should be able to spray at different thicknesses from fine lines to wide areas.

have to agree with these guys it seems its a lol too much and basically the cons on this outweighs the pros... check it out first... i have been painting a lot of stuff and i guess on the airbrush its a lil investment that you need to be sure its the right one for you... just my two cents

Thanks for the tips guys... I might meet the seller this weekend to check it out... but if incase it failed my expectations as well... where could I buy a decent set aside from Lil's Tamiya airbrush set?

It's hard to find another airbrush that can do what the Tamiya kit can at the same price. The compressor right away will use up your budget.

The only drawback of the Tamiya kit is that it's hose doesn't last. My hose "melted" (the plasticizer leeched out) and I ended up with a mucky hose after 5 years. I have a replacement hose, by the way, that I guarantee will not melt (we made it locally). For a brand new entry level set, it's the easy option.

Something better would be to have a compressor with a pressure tank and regulator so you can control the air delivery and match it to your air brush. For the airbrush, there are plenty to choose from. Badger has a wide range from entry level to state of the art. If you're getting one, look for an internal mix of paint and air for a better quality result.

My first airbrush was a Badger 150 external mix. It's good for large area work, but not for fine lines. It was also prone to splatter. The Badger in the picture, and the Tamiya are internal mix airbrushes.

What's important with the airbrush is how well you clean it after painting. This will guage how long it will last. It's best to clean it right away before the paint begins to harden.