Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

sorry for the ignorance...wats a DML?

DML is short for Dragon Models Limited, one of the more aggressive model kit manufacturers at this time. They specialize in 1/35 armored fighting vehicles, particularly German WWII as well as figures. They have very nice 3 in 1 kits that give you the option to build at least 3 different variants of as well as magic tracks, photoetch and turned aluminum barrels. Great value for money.

so has Lil's taken over Dragon Models' distributorship here in Philippines? I thought Special Toys Center used to have the sole exclusive distributorship rights?

I don't think Winston has the sole distributorship rights. Lil claims she is the only authorized Tamiya dealer but this doesn't prevent the others from selling Tamiya kits either. Anyway, Lil's always seems to have the better prices, until Winston marks down the kits that don't move. Anyway, Lil's does get her DML kits a little later than Winston, so I guess Winston has a little edge there but eventually Lil's will have the kits for sale too.

Thanks doc pepper for the insights.That is what Winston has been claiming that he owns the Dragon and Academy sole distributorship rights here.He is quite pissed off how the other stores get to sell his products at a cheaper price.Well,I guess it should have been healthy competition.....but the way things are going Winston is as stiff as Mount Everest and wouldn't lower his prices.Too bad.

Thanks doc pepper for the insights.That is what Winston has been claiming that he owns the Dragon and Academy sole distributorship rights here.He is quite pissed off how the other stores get to sell his products at a cheaper price.Well,I guess it should have been healthy competition.....but the way things are going Winston is as stiff as Mount Everest and wouldn't lower his prices.Too bad.

I'm not happy with Winston, he was trying to sell me a 1/32 Hasegawa Fw-190 claiming it was new and had recessed panel lines, sobrang hard sell. Si Lil friendly sa yo kung regular ka and permits you to pay with personal checks. OT, who do you recommend at EHC?

also have some bad gripes with Winston.Tama ang sinabi mo pagkilala ka ok paghindi badtrip.Ngayon kilala na ako pero the thought na dati how he treated me parang nakakabadtrip parin ngayon.hehe.....O/T....sorry Doc Pepper I haven't really tried anyone else in EHC except ;) 26. I heard though na ok si Aisa or Honey or Lyka.

also have some bad gripes with Winston.Tama ang sinabi mo pagkilala ka ok paghindi badtrip.Ngayon kilala na ako pero the thought na dati how he treated me parang nakakabadtrip parin ngayon.hehe.....O/T....sorry Doc Pepper I haven't really tried anyone else in EHC except ;) 26. I heard though na ok si Aisa or Honey or Lyka.

Ang sungit nga ni Winston sakin nuon, eh nagtatanong lang naman ako. Sarap tirisin! Thanks sa recos, although si Honey irregular daw ang pasok.

Hello Dr Pepper!

Is the new Dragon M1A1 Abrams at Lils already? I better wake up early and get a good parking space at Megamall this Sunday!

On a related topic, I agree with the latest comments on Winston. On so many occasions, he blew the chance of selling to me some "high value" kits, simply because his tone and demeanor pissed me off. He's better off letting his salesladies do the selling. On the other hand, I enjoy dealing with Shakespeare at Lils or Nathalie at JMN.

Happy Modelling!

Hello Dr Pepper!

Is the new Dragon M1A1 Abrams at Lils already? I better wake up early and get a good parking space at Megamall this Sunday!

On a related topic, I agree with the latest comments on Winston. On so many occasions, he blew the chance of selling to me some "high value" kits, simply because his tone and demeanor pissed me off. He's better off letting his salesladies do the selling. On the other hand, I enjoy dealing with Shakespeare at Lils or Nathalie at JMN.

Happy Modelling!

Good news Sir Bockscar! Josie of Lil's Makati told me the next shipment is due in two weeks time, and that it will include the new Dragon M1A1 (AIM)! Have reserved one of those beasties for my fondling pleasure. Yes, Shakes is cool, and my "inside contact" at Lil's is the aforementioned Josie, who I can rely on the set aside some hot selling kits when funds are not immediately available. Roel of Comics and Hobbies used to be good for a few stories but now all I hear from him is about deep sea fishing, not exactly something I can relate to.

Good news Sir Bockscar! Josie of Lil's Makati told me the next shipment is due in two weeks time, and that it will include the new Dragon M1A1 (AIM)! Have reserved one of those beasties for my fondling pleasure. Yes, Shakes is cool, and my "inside contact" at Lil's is the aforementioned Josie, who I can rely on the set aside some hot selling kits when funds are not immediately available. Roel of Comics and Hobbies used to be good for a few stories but now all I hear from him is about deep sea fishing, not exactly something I can relate to.

Yes, Josie's very accomodating to customers and she has been there for years. Beng of Megamall seems to be doing well also. Come to think of it, we must have been at these hobby shops at the same time without ever knowing it. And judging by your posts in the other threads, we have other similar hobbies as well!

By the way, Doc, I did finally get hold of that Japanese brand of aluminum foil (for the NMF effect) at a store near Makati Cinema Square. This is for my B-29 Superfortress "foiling" project. I've seen some kits in various stages of completion in the internet forums and the results seem to be "stunning". I hope I can do the same.

Yes, Josie's very accomodating to customers and she has been there for years. Beng of Megamall seems to be doing well also. Come to think of it, we must have been at these hobby shops at the same time without ever knowing it. And judging by your posts in the other threads, we have other similar hobbies as well!

By the way, Doc, I did finally get hold of that Japanese brand of aluminum foil (for the NMF effect) at a store near Makati Cinema Square. This is for my B-29 Superfortress "foiling" project. I've seen some kits in various stages of completion in the internet forums and the results seem to be "stunning". I hope I can do the same.

You know, you're probably right about running into each other at the shops. You're probably the guy who beat me to a 1/48 Tamiya Betty hard-to-find kit as well as snapping up the Trumpeter BR52!!!

I wish you the best of luck on the NMF foil project. I saw a couple of the Monogram 1/48 B-29s at Lil's this weekend. Really huge boxes! Will not be able to sneak that one past the wifey. Too bad I can't recall any B-29 that is painted in FS colors.

doc peppa....how are u bro...

do u have a b25 bomber in your stash.....wala ako makita na mura e...puro in the 1000 plus range....

by the way my models have this problem na napuputol ang landing gears okay lang ba gawan ko ng stand ang mga ito...my trusted carpenter can fabricate stands..(yong ala matchbox dati)...

thanks bro...