Dvd Collectors

mahilig_bumayo

hey guys....i have a question for you...if you collect pirated dvds - can u really call it a collection? or the the word collection means original dvds only.

I got a friend who has around 300 pirated dvds as a collection (good titles good quality) but he isnt proud to tell his friends about his collection. Sabi nya buti na lang kung mga 20 na original na lang binili nya instead of the 300 pirated ones. Do you think he has point?

Still think it is a collection - if he's not interested in the packaging but the content, he is collecting the most valuable part. And he is paying for storage! :D

• 2 weeks later...

am into collecting region 2 original dvds....what i am into are those that have sequels,trilogies and series

so far i've got the jurassic park,matrix,back to the future,godfather,lord of the rings,rambo,die hard trilogies

nightmare on elm street and rocky series.am also proud of my al pacino movies collection( carlito's way,dog day afternoon,scarface,heat) i also have all of the movies quentin tarantino directed from reservoir dogs up to k*ll bill.

not to put down,pirated copies but the great thing about original copies aside from the great cover/packaging are the special features that come with it.

sarap ulit ulitin especially if u've got a home cinema theatre set-up in your living room :cool:

sa movies, i collect anything that catches my fancy. i have a thousand titles na siguro, give or take a few. mostly, on vcd nga lang. i've started collecting dvds last year lang. but i only choose which ones to buy. mostly, pirated. practical lang naman ako, e.

for someone like me, it's so disappointing that many titles are still hard to find even sa pirated vendors. it's still not as complete as we perceive it to be. while the currents are available almost everywhere, what i consider as my personal creme dela creme are those blockbusters from the past millenium. kaya to the guy who owns a copy of citizen kane, hold on tight to that one, bro. you have a real gem in your hands!

i was fortunate to buy a copy of yellow submarine sa hidalgo. i viewed it with a guy who saw it sa cinemas back in '68 and he just went "wow!"

to appease my craving for these elusive classics, i have torrents as my best friends. and that's where i got dvd rips of these titles:

soylent green

the birds

the entire planet of the apes evolution (forget the tim burton remake, the 1968 to 1973 five-movie series is a blast!)

a clockwork orange

the shining

2001: a space odyssey

stephen king's christine

it was all worth it.

cna you guys recommend a good place to buy dvd's? kahit pirated/bootleg ok lang basta maraming mapagpipilian. any place aside from quiapo that is, medyo malayo tayo dun e. dati kasi sa riverbanks ok bumili kasi ang daming titles to choose from. ngayon medyo patago na kung magbenta kaya limited stocks na rin lang sila. any help would be much appreciated. :cool:

cna you guys recommend a good place to buy dvd's? kahit pirated/bootleg ok lang basta maraming mapagpipilian. any place aside from quiapo that is, medyo malayo tayo dun e. dati kasi sa riverbanks ok bumili kasi ang daming titles to choose from. ngayon medyo patago na kung magbenta kaya limited stocks na rin lang sila. any help would be much appreciated. :cool:

where are you located?

There are lots of DVD in the dampa area in macapagal highway.

But still for your money's worth, Quiapo is the cheapest around 40-50 a copy. Just spend a day there and buy as many as you can.

to appease my craving for these elusive classics, i have torrents as my best friends. and that's where i got dvd rips of these titles:

soylent green

the birds

the entire planet of the apes evolution (forget the tim burton remake, the 1968 to 1973 five-movie series is a blast!)

a clockwork orange

the shining

2001: a space odyssey

stephen king's christine

Wayne_Bruce, ganda ng titles mo ah. Astig!

I'm a collector as well - or an archivist. Mostly VCDs, but I have a few in DVD-format. Most of them are Korean movies.

I really want to go for DVD (original) completely but I can't afford buying the not-lower-than-600pesos versions. These are the ones with lots of features and are not just the DVD-ified - though original - version of some movie titles (movies of Columbia Pictures are mostly sold this way - ung mga worth P299 lang).

I'm currently looking for the original DVDs of 'Boogie Nights", "Magnolia", "Army Of Darkness", "Pleasantville" and "Fight Club". You guys know where I can get them? Thanks! :thumbsupsmiley:

ps. Sino yung may mga adult genre titles dito? :evil: Into Japanese, Korean, and Chinese titles ako, hehehe

• 2 weeks later...
where are you located?

There are lots of DVD in the dampa area in macapagal highway.

But still for your money's worth, Quiapo is the cheapest around 40-50 a copy. Just spend a day there and buy as many as you can.

dito ako sa marikina e. dati parang quiapo sa dami ng pagpipilian sa riverbanks but i think they got raided. ngayon sobrang konti na lang ng mga title nila at sobrang patago pa kung magbenta. :(