Dvd Collectors

mahilig_bumayo

last week nakabili ako sa astrovision, DEER HUNTER (Robert De Niro/ Merryl Streep, 1978), P150 lang. Sobrang happy ako kasi it's one of the first movies I remember watching as a child sa sine. I also got Dracula (Christopher Lee) P150 din. And Wizard of Oz anniversary edition P690

Why do people call a catalog of owned DVDs a "collection" and then refer to a catalog of owned books as a "library?" I prefer the latter term for any media that one keeps as a source of entertainment. A "collection" (Imho) implies something that is more for distant admiration rather than pleasurable use.

That being said, I do not "collect" DVDs but rather acquire titles for my constantly growing library. My current library just passed the 2,000 titles mark, so storage is starting to become a concern.

Content-wise, the library spans just about every genre, with acquisitions from just about every Region that produces video media - and yes, they're all legit. Given that, I recently had to add a rider to my home insurance policy to specifically cover the library - although it'd be a real bitch to replace all of them should that (knock on wood) ever happen; especially the ones that are no longer available and command a premium on the COLLECTOR's market :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have some good oldies

I have Citizen Kane but VCD only :(

Anyway some of the best in my collection

Pulp Fiction

The Italian Job

Analyze This

Analyze That

Interstate 60 (From the director of Back To The Future)

Fight Club

Ferris Buellers Day Off

One Flew Over THe Cuckoos Nest

Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle

Serenity

Seven

Old School

Scent Of A Woman

Cape Fear

Gandhi

Simone

So Close

Trainspotting

The Count Of Monte Cristo

Platoon

Full Metal Jacket

The Shawshank Redemption

12 Monkeys

Blade Runner

Boogie Nights

Snatch

Cruel Intentions

David Blaine Street Magic/Magic Man/Frozen In Time

Im looking for Road Trip

Lock,Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

JAckie Brown

Growing up in the 80's, I usually collect 80's-90's movies..particularly comedies...like Revenge of the nerds, History of the world, the Holy Grail, Naked Gun series, Monty Python movies and other long forgotten ones...for me it doesn't matter whether its original or bootleg..as long as you're pretty much happy and contented with the quality and its witihin your budget, then just go with it.

La pa bang special edition DVD ng Bagets and Ninja Kids? hehehe.

libo na collection ko, mostly bootlegs. may suki na kami sa Q, kaya madaling magsoli kahit 2 months ka bago bumalik.

right now, busy ako sa download ng TV series torrents, up to date ka kasi plus it saves on space. believe me, pag marami ka na masyadong dvd hirap na i-manage. ako naka segregate ang watched and not watched. yung watched na, naka-alphabetize pa, CD sleeves lang gamit ko para lalong tipid sa space. Naka excel pa lahat yan to keep track.

punta kayo sa theq.kazorum.com for the latest sa quiapo although lately mahina talaga ang dating ng bago kaya wala rin masyado mabasa.