90's Revisited

VICIOUS

ahh the 90s. the era of boy bands like backstreet boys, n sync, 98 degrees, boyzone and girl groups such as the spice girls.

i remember listening to the radio station's countdowns and e-heads huling el bimbo was like #1 for 2-3 months. good times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Peeps, ano nga ba yung real title nung isang song sang by this French Group, yung "Angelina". I think it became a hit back here in the Phils in 1992. "Angelina" din ba yung title? Where can I download it?

You're probably looking for ANGELINA by a group called PSY, sumikat nga ito nun HS ako

may tagalog version pa yung mga classmates ko

angelina

baho puke mo, dumi pa

di ka nagsasabon

kinalikot mo pa

nyahahahahhahaha

Edited by kuya willie
  • 4 weeks later...

i remembered some songs played nung js prom namin like :

1.once in a lifetime by gregorian (feat. ozz sisters)

2.why by annie lennox

3.piano in the dark

4.angelina by psy

5.colored kisses by martika

6.dying inside by timmy thomas hehehe

7.i like chopin

8.stars by simply red

9.too many walls by cathi dennis

dami pa eh...ahh miss those times :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

early 90's lumabas na yung mga baduy na hip hop, like vanilla ice and mc hammer etc.............buti na lang lumabas ang grunge scene, syempre dahil kay kumapreng kurt cobain, lumabas na seatlle scene and some alternative US rock band......syempre hindi papatalo ang mga british, meron din silang brit pop, nandyan yun radiohead, suede, blur oasis etc.........meron ding indie scene some band like ride, adorable, saint etienne, wedding present etc....

There was this British band na sumikat during the early 90s. Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

They probably gained worldwide recognition when they sang Saturday Night in a film which starred Mike Myers.

Anyway, trip ko din ang grunge - Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. - and I think thrash metal (Megadeth, Suicidal Tendencies) also became popular. Funk metal was also in - I remember Infectious Grooves na pinilit gayahin nina Francis M and Raimund Marasigan.

Let's see, Nirvana and the whole Seattle scene(uhh grunge!) killing those annoying "Hair Bands"(Well some of them were cool...Until the spandex thing happened :upside:) and giving way to a whole new meaning to the word, ALTERNATIVE! :cool:

Korn delivering a brand new sound...Until everyone started copying them!!!

Aerosmith with those fantastic MTVs...and of course Alicia Silverstone and Liv Tyler.

LA105...Damn I miss that station!!! DJ Carlos and the Doctor, where the hell are you???

• 1 month later...
90's.....................the end of sarah records........................belle and sebastians, camera obscura, radio dept, cinerama, trembling blue stars, the clientele, birdie, club 8, the lucksmiths etc..............

Bro, bigatin ka talaga! Konti lang ang alam kong mga banda sa mga nabanggit mo!

eraserheads the youth,CIR,alert level 4,club dredd,(yung sa edsa),mayrics,kalye,la 105 nu 107,bistro sa amoranto yan ang mga natatandaan ko nung early 90s sa pinas tapos naging ofw na ako pero at least nakanood naman ako nang offspring,helmet,primus,rem,radiohead,tonic,rhcp at mga hindi ko na matandaan pa