Tips For The Newly Graduates

Face it...some may not be from prestigious school, pag nag-aapply ka lang be able to show na you can be with these people(un basic principles ng pag aapply wag kakalimutan). Then wag garapal...di lang sweldo usapan,un kaya mo ipakita na gilas/diskarte sa kanila before you haggle for money.

Pag nag-start ka pa lang mag-work, work hard.earn valuable work experiences...don't expect too much on salary remember newbie ka pa lang and di pa ganun ka solid ang alam mo sa work.Study,add value sa knowledge mo(masterals,doctorals or other certifications/licenses).

• 2 months later...

this tip should be given to those in high school... study your ass off to get into the big 3 schools. If you graduate from any of these, it'll be easier to find work. it might be offensive to some others, but employers prefer graduates from these schools.

You can always be an entrepreneur so that you don't have put up with this employer bias.

• 1 month later...

think of your career first and foremost. dont be dependent with your co-workers, di mo lang alam one day umalis na sila tapos ikaw natali ka na sa company thinking andyan pa rin sila. dont be trigger happy sa mga friends sa workplace, it's not college anymore. jump from one company to another, para malaman mo niche mo at the same time lalaki sweldo mo. every year lumipat ng company, mas ok yun. you could always go back naman eh. medyo mahirap yung adjustment, but once you got the right job for you, pede ka ng magtrigger happy.

For the Newly Grads:

first of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation! welcome to the Job World! :thumbsupsmiley:

wag na magtambay...hanap na agad trabaho and don't stop looking for a job till you get one.

know the company na inaaplyan ninyo at mag-aral so that mas makaprepare kayo sa mga possible questions na itatanong sa inyo sa interview.

gain more friends (more friends more job referrals and opportunities).

sa interview, relax lang kayo. be confident and at the same time be humble lang.

once natanggap kayo sa trabaho, iwasan niyo mag-absent at ma-late at work hard lang.

enjoy niyo lang work niyo and befriend and respect your co-workers...mahirap may kaaway sa trabaho.

pag may sweldo na dapat magsave kayo at wag iubos sa bisyo o sa walang kwentang bagay.

ayun..ingat kayo and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wag munang maghanap. pahinga muna. takte simula 4 na taong gulang nag-aaral ka na tapos magtatrabaho ka agad? pagnakatrabaho ka na halos wala ka nang panahon para sa sarili. kaya bago sumabak sa tunay na mundo, relaks muna

huwag matakot mangahas. ito yung panahong ayos lang magkamali, ayos lang lumipat-lipat ng trabaho dahil kinakapa mo pa kung ano ang gusto mo talagang gawin at kung ano ang meron sa mundo.

sa simula ok lang na magcompromise sa sweldo. ganun talaga. sa simula karanasan muna ang talagang pakay ng karamihan. saka na ang malalaking sweldo.

I second the motion, completely stay away from credit cards. Its a real headache.

I third the motion. don't be lured by its appeal.

Please don't ever wear jeans when you're applying. Don't tell me, "eh sa call center naman ako mag-a-apply eh." Come on. Every time I see applicants in jeans, I cringe. I'm not saying wear a suit, but you know, at least wear slacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Network. Expand your connections and get some "backers" if you can.

I work in an "equal employment opportunity" company but I notice that the people with connections almost often get the job.

If possible, make your resume one-of-a kind to separate it from the rest.

"Dress for success" in job interviews. Need I say more?

Research on the company and the job you're applying to before your interview.

Be prepared for common interview questions. Look for a list on the web. If possible practice being interviewed beforehand with a friend.

Smile!

• 4 weeks later...

Tips for newly grads:

1. Erase everything you've learned in college (unless you will put up your own business) - you wont need them when hired.

2. Use more your commonsense than your book knowledge.

3. Asnwer questions straight to point. Never bullshit, admit when you don't know it...when asked "what time"- say exact time, never maaga, hapon, like most pips do. Remember, working is all about information transfer/sharing. The more objective you get the more effective and efficient you get.

Invest in post grad studies. It will pay off. This days you can hardly get by with just relying on you college degree. Its also difficult to earn promotions and career growth without one.

If you have the right talent for it, apply for a post-grad studies abroad. You can learn a lot and earn at the same time just for studying

• 1 month later...

Study, study, study........(Yup, its a never ending process)

Socialize....(Expand your network)

Try to get as many interviews as possible......(You'll definitely learn alot of things like typical questions ask by interviewers etc.)

Once you're hired, stick around for at least 3 years, yun eh kung kaya mo at kung medyo ok naman ang napasukan mo.....(It will look good on your resume)

Don't lose hope.....(kahit di ka graduate nang UP, eventually you'll land a job)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...